Author Topic: Republicans Tried To Fix Insurance Cancellation Clause in 2010: Democrats Defeated Them  (Read 1111 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The part of Obamacare that is causing so many headaches for Obama and the Democrats is called “the grandfather clause,” simply because it sets the rules by which old policies can be kept in force after implementation.

Now that vulnerable Democrats are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, panicking that all the cancellations might damage their re-election, it’s worthwhile to look back at the Republicans’ attempt to fix this exact problem, and how the Dems defeated them.

Here’s a quote from Republican Chuck Grassley warning that if they didn’t change the grandfather clause, Obama’s promise might be broken!

“The District of Columbia is an island surrounded by reality. Only in the District of Columbia could you get away with telling the people if you like what you have you can keep it, and then pass regulations six months later that do just the opposite and figure that people are going to ignore it.”

“Under the grandfathering regulation, according to the White House’s own economic impact analysis, as many as 69 percent of businesses will lose their grandfathered status by 2013 and be forced to buy government-approved plans.”

That’s way back in 2010. Guess what’s happening today in 2013?

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/94433-republicans-tried-fix-insurance-cancellation-clause-2010-democrats-defeated/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

--John Adams
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien