Author Topic: 10 ways President Obama said he’s sorry  (Read 800 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
10 ways President Obama said he’s sorry
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:35:42 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/obamacare-fix-president-obama-99884.html?hp=l4

10 ways President Obama said he’s sorry
By: Jose DelReal
November 14, 2013 02:10 PM EST

President Barack Obama on Thursday announced the White House would pursue an administrative solution to the millions of health insurance cancellations associated with the Affordable Care Act, striking a deeply apologetic tone for the disruption caused by the law and HealthCare.gov’s failure. Here are the 10 best lines from the news conference:

“That’s something I deeply regret because it’s scary getting a cancellation notice.”

“It is hard. But I make no apologies for us taking this on because somebody, sooner or later, had to do it. I do make apologies for not having executed better over the last several months.”

WATCH: 6 major players in HealthCare.gov debacle)

“I want them to know that, you know, their senator or congressman, they were making representations based on what I told them and what this White House and our administrative staff told them, and so it’s not on them. It’s on us.”

“I am very frustrated, but I’m also somebody who, if I fumble the ball, you know, I’m going to wait until I get the next play, and then I’m going to try to run as hard as I can and do right by the team.”

“I think it’s legitimate for them to expect me to have to win back some credibility on this health care law, in particular, and on a whole range of these issues in general. And, you know, that’s on me.”

“With respect to the pledge I made that if you like your plan you can keep it, I think … that there is no doubt that the way I put that forward unequivocally ended up not being accurate. Again, that’s on us, which is why we’re — that’s on me.”

“I hear you loud and clear. I said that I would do everything we can to fix this problem. And today, I’m offering an idea that will help do it.”

“I feel deeply responsible for making it harder for [supporters] rather than easier for them to continue to promote the core values that I think led them to support this thing in the first place.”

“I am not a perfect man and I will not be a perfect president, but I’ll wake up every single day working as hard as I can on behalf of Americans out there from every walk of life.”

“There have been times where I thought we got, you know, slapped around a little bit unjustly [in the past]. This one’s deserved, all right? It’s on us.”
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:36:42 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: 10 ways President Obama said he’s sorry
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:15:03 pm »

“I want them to know that, you know, their senator or congressman, they were making representations based on what I told them and what this White House and our administrative staff told them, and so it’s not on them. It’s on us.”

“I feel deeply responsible for making it harder for [supporters] rather than easier for them to continue to promote the core values that I think led them to support this thing in the first place.”

Which was it?  Were his party members only basing their decisions based on what he told them or were they making them based on the core values?  I guess in the long run it really doesn't matter because either way indicates they weren't thinking on their own.  It indicates they were following the core values of the party, not what is in Obamacare, and they were naïve to believe everything he said at face value.  If they run their lives the way they operate in congress, it's no wonder the country is $17 trillion in debt. :doa: