Author Topic: Ex-NRCC Chairman to Raise Money for Democrat in New York  (Read 662 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ex-NRCC Chairman to Raise Money for Democrat in New York
« on: November 14, 2013, 06:49:25 pm »
Three former GOP congressmen, including former National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Thomas M. Reynolds, will co-host a fundraiser for Democratic Rep. Brian Higgins next month, according to the Buffalo News.

The New York Republicans — Reynolds, plus former Reps. Jack F. Quinn and Amo Houghton — will co-host the Higgins fundraiser on Dec. 16 at the home of GOP fundraiser Anthony Gioia.

“The message I want to convey is Congressman Higgins has done a darn good job for Buffalo and Western New York, and it doesn’t matter whether he’s a Democrat or Republican, he’s a congressman and, in doing his job as a congressman, he’s done a fine job for our community,” Reynolds said in a Thursday morning phone interview.

http://atr.rollcall.com/ex-nrcc-chairman-to-raise-money-for-democrat-in-new-york/

Offline aligncare

Re: Ex-NRCC Chairman to Raise Money for Democrat in New York
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:56:03 pm »
Gee, all these years I gave my allegiance to the wrong party. Who knew?

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Ex-NRCC Chairman to Raise Money for Democrat in New York
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:03:35 pm »
"New York Republican" has become just another one of those chuckle-inducing, oxymoronic phrases. Like "honest trial lawyer".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn