Author Topic: “Abortion Barbie” Wendy Davis Claims in Court That She Has Mental Health Issues  (Read 754 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.redstate.com/2013/11/06/abortion-barbie-wendy-davis-claims-in-court-that-she-has-mental-health-issues/

“Abortion Barbie” Wendy Davis Claims in Court That She Has Mental Health Issues

By: Erick Erickson (Diary)  |  November 6th, 2013 at 01:07 PM

The Democrats intent on taking back Texas were so desperate for a hero, they turned to pink clad Wendy Davis with, as Vogue described her, “Barbie-doll looks”. They might live to regret that.

Back in 1996, Wendy Davis lost an election for the Fort Worth, TX City Council. After the election, she sued the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the local newspaper, for defamation. In short, Davis did not like being criticized by the media (something she won’t have to worry about this go round), so she sued for those criticisms claiming they defamed her.

The Texas Court of Appeals and then the Texas Supreme Court both threw out her case. But it is worth noting that Davis, in making her case, claimed that the nasty newspaper, by virtue of criticizing her, damaged her “mental health.”

More worrisome regarding her mental stability, Davis sued the newspaper months after losing her city council and claimed that she “ha[d] suffered and [was] continuing to suffer damages to her mental health.”

Think about that. The best candidate the Texas Democrats could find to run is a lady who admits in open court that a newspaper editorial caused her mental health to be damaged.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
LOL! I wouldn't worry to much about Wendy if I were you!

She has about the same chance of winning the Texas governorship as a snowball has of surviving in HELL!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Abortion Barbie will go down in flames and it won't even be close.

She's polling about 35% regardless of whether the Republican Abbott, the other guy, or a "generic Republican."  The faux ut/Texas Tribune Internet poll is bunk given the fact that it is the only poll showing both candidates in the 20s and the fact that the TT is funded by Soros and the University of Texas is Berkeley on the Colorado.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton