Author Topic: ‘Best tweet ever!’ Wounded warrior wins the Internet with takeoff on Obama’s ‘like it, keep it’ lie  (Read 885 times)

Offline happyg

Johnny (Joey) Jones  @Johnny_Joey   

@yesnicksearcy One time I was in AFG, and the Pres was all, "if you like your legs, you can keep them"... Now I'm like, wtf?

Wounded warrior Joey Jones is full of win.

During the government shutdown, he joined fellow patriots in removing Barrycades at the World War II Memorial. “Used my robot legs to STAND for the few, proud of our greatest generation,” he tweeted, earning him actor Nick Searcy’s award for “Best Damn Tweet Ever Received By Me.”

He scored again with his takeoff on the liar in chief’s “like it, keep it” lie.
Yes, Nick Searcy!        ✔  @yesnicksearcy   

Best tweet ever? "@Johnny_Joey One time I was in AFG, and the Pres was all, "if you like your legs, you can keep them"... Now I'm like, wtf?

1:02 AM - 5 Nov 2013
No need for a question mark, according to several of Nick Searcy’s followers: It’s the best tweet ever. Period.

Best tweet ever? "@Johnny_Joey One time I was in AFG, and the Pres was all, "if you like your legs, you can keep them"... Now I'm like, wtf?

Sleepy Hermit  @SleepyHermit1   

@yesnicksearcy @Johnny_Joey Best tweet ever!

Brian Campbell  @Douchetastical   

@yesnicksearcy @Johnny_Joey Yes! The very best Tweet ever!

Ben Gray  @SouthGaStyle   

@yesnicksearcy @Johnny_Joey best tweet ever! Thank you for your sacrifice, Joey. #realhero

@yesnicksearcy One time I was in AFG, and the Pres was all, "if you like your legs, you can keep them"... Now I'm like, wtf?

DudgeOH Politix  @DudgeOHPolitix   

.@Johnny_Joey You, sir, just won the internet, w/ that tweet. Congratulations! :)

Just one Internet? We think Jones wins at least three or four Internets.

If you haven’t read Jones’ blog post, “My legs were gone, only bloody rags remained of my pants,” read it. Now.

My Blog: http://combatpoet.wordpress.com/2013/03/23/my-legs-were-gone-only-bloody-rags-remained-of-my-pants/

8:44 AM - 14 Oct 2013 from Alexandria, VA, United States

My legs were gone, only bloody rags remained of my pants 

The sand filled my eyes, my pants, hell even my mouth. As I opened my eyes everything was replaced by a cloud of sand. A tan nothingness. My spirit had left my body, and an empty self-awareness rem...
WordPress.com @wordpressdotcom 
We are forever in your debt.
Ted Chila  @chilatf   

God bless you. RT @yesnicksearcy: Best tweet ever? "@Johnny_Joey One time I was in AFG, and (cont) http://tl.gd/mtlf5m

http://twitchy.com/2013/11/05/best-tweet-ever-wounded-warrior-wins-the-internet-with-takeoff-on-obamas-like-it-keep-it-lie/

Offline musiclady

We are forever in your debt.

Amen.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.