Author Topic: IMPEACHMENT GAINING ATTENTION IN CONGRESS  (Read 1141 times)

Offline happyg

IMPEACHMENT GAINING ATTENTION IN CONGRESS
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:36:13 am »
Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, recently handed out copies of a book that has been described by its authors as the “articles of impeachment” for Barack Obama, and suggested that special investigations, and possibly prosecutions, are needed over Fast and Furious, Benghazi and other Obama scandals.

But Stockman is not the only member of Congress to discuss impeachment in response to the actions of Obama and his administration. A total of 15 members have discussed this idea recently.

Rep. Bill Flores, R-Texas, was speaking at a town hall meeting when he considered the idea. A video of his comments was posted at the Western Center for Journalism.

“I’ve looked at the president. I think he’s violated the Constitution. I think he’s violated the Bill of Rights,” he said.

He said at some point a decision must be made.

“I think if the House had an impeachment vote it would probably impeach the president.”

But he noted there are only 46 members of the GOP in the U.S. Senate, where an impeached president would be put on trial.

To obtain a conviction, the prosecuting team must have 67 votes, and he wasn’t sure that even all of the GOP members would vote to convict.

Other members of Congress who have made comments about impeachment include Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif.; Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla.; Rep. Kerry Bentivolio, R-Mich.; Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas; Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas; Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla.; Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah; Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.; Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.; R-Texas; Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas; Rep. Trey Radel, R-Fla.; Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa; and Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla.

“I think he”s breaking the law if he strikes without congressional approval,” Hunter told the Washington Times regarding Obama’s plan to bomb Syria. “And if he proceeds without Congress providing that authority, it should be considered an impeachable offense.”

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/11/04/impeachment-gaining-attention-congress/

Oceander

Re: IMPEACHMENT GAINING ATTENTION IN CONGRESS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:44:36 am »
Can we Puh-leese stop this stupid, asinine, suicidal talk of impeachment?  Does the GOP really, really, really want so badly to help the democrats turn the GOP into a permanent minority party?  Even Charlie Brown wasn't this stupid when it came to Lucy and the football.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 01:33:24 pm »
Even as a symbolic gesture it would be an exercise in futility.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:55:15 pm »
"What difference, at this point, does it make!?

Are all those cancelled plans going to be magically reinstated? Are all the doctors fleeing to retirement and to other countries going to come back.

The damage is done. Obama broke the Humpty Dumpty egg. Beside that, I have no doubt that some of his most ardent defenders would come from what used to be the GOP.

If he has the full support of the GOPe, then who is there in D.C. to impeach him except a handful of American patriots in both parties. And, even if it happened, we would get an insane goofy old nutball as President. What then?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:58:03 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 02:04:13 pm »
Yeah, let's build sympathy among the moron class. 
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 02:04:57 pm »
Impeachment at this point would be impossible, but there are other options for the short term, including censure.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 02:28:09 pm »
No, PLEASE..........don't even talk about impeachment.

Obama is on the ropes.  DON'T give him new life.

PLEASE!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 11:23:11 pm »
 :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/