Author Topic: Peggy Noonan on ABC: Tea Party Aims to ‘Topple’ GOP, Not Take it Over  (Read 1271 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/peggy-noonan-on-abc-tea-party-aims-to-topple-gop-not-take-it-over/

Peggy Noonan on ABC: Tea Party Aims to ‘Topple’ GOP, Not Take it Over
by Evan McMurry | 2:28 pm, November 3rd, 2013

On Sunday’s This Week With George Stephanopoulos, Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan argued that the tea party was a new fixture in American politics, a movement that doesn’t want to usurp a major political party but eliminate it.

The comment came during a discussion of electoral forces going into the 2014 midterms, with former Bush consultant Matthew Dowd arguing that demographics were shifting in the Democratic Party’s favor.

“Candidates matter,” ABC News’ Jonathan Karl responded. “They’ve nominated far-right candidates.”

“Lesson for the tea party?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“A lot of people may be cruisin’ for a brusin’,” Noonan replied. “Big difference for the tea party now and say ’64 and Goldwater and ’76 and Reagan—’64 and ’76, Goldwater and Reagan both wanted to seize and control and win over the Republican Party. The tea party now shows signs of not wanting to win it, but of wanting to topple it over, wanting to do away with it. That is something new in our politics. It’s going to get fought out over the next few years.”

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Peggy Noonan on ABC: Tea Party Aims to ‘Topple’ GOP, Not Take it Over
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 01:27:40 pm »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/peggy-noonan-on-abc-tea-party-aims-to-topple-gop-not-take-it-over/

Peggy Noonan on ABC: Tea Party Aims to ‘Topple’ GOP, Not Take it Over
by Evan McMurry | 2:28 pm, November 3rd, 2013

On Sunday’s This Week With George Stephanopoulos, Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan argued that the tea party was a new fixture in American politics, a movement that doesn’t want to usurp a major political party but eliminate it.

The comment came during a discussion of electoral forces going into the 2014 midterms, with former Bush consultant Matthew Dowd arguing that demographics were shifting in the Democratic Party’s favor.

“Candidates matter,” ABC News’ Jonathan Karl responded. “They’ve nominated far-right candidates.”

“Lesson for the tea party?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“A lot of people may be cruisin’ for a brusin’,” Noonan replied. “Big difference for the tea party now and say ’64 and Goldwater and ’76 and Reagan—’64 and ’76, Goldwater and Reagan both wanted to seize and control and win over the Republican Party. The tea party now shows signs of not wanting to win it, but of wanting to topple it over, wanting to do away with it. That is something new in our politics. It’s going to get fought out over the next few years.”

video at link

I keep seeing more and more Liberal Democrats pining about the fate of the GOP. Gee. I wonder why that is? Why would Harry Ried and other far Left Democrats be so worried about keeping the GOP as it is. Why would they care unless they have some interest in maintaining a weak Left slanted opposition? lol, these guys are so transparent. They are scared to death of the Tea Party, and rightly so.

Anything that scares Democrats enough to cause them to stand-up for the GOP, has got to be a good thing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 01:36:23 pm »

There are people out there who still eye the Tea Party as a pariah organization because they perceive it as tied to religious organizations.  I have tried to determine from people I talk to--where they are getting that information (other than liberal outlets)?  I don't really get any definite answers.

I am wondering if conservatism is just always going to be tied to some evangelical boogey man in the psyche of many Americans who don't REALLY pay attention?  :shrug:

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:45:14 pm »
There are people out there who still eye the Tea Party as a pariah organization because they perceive it as tied to religious organizations.  I have tried to determine from people I talk to--where they are getting that information (other than liberal outlets)?  I don't really get any definite answers.

I am wondering if conservatism is just always going to be tied to some evangelical boogey man in the psyche of many Americans who don't REALLY pay attention?  :shrug:

I have read it here, TOS and a couple other conservative sites that attempt to diminish the anti-tax, small government aspect of the tea party groups while puffing the religious aspects.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:58:23 pm »
I have read it here, TOS and a couple other conservative sites that attempt to diminish the anti-tax, small government aspect of the tea party groups while puffing the religious aspects.

We have one member in particular who always portrays us Tea Partiers as the ubber right and all about social issues and no matter how often this is corrected he always comes back to it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:13:13 pm »
I doubt Peggy has bothered to talk to a single tea party member. In my years of involvement with the movement, I have yet to meet a tea partier who wants to topple the GOP. If anything, they want to bring the party to its senses. A few want a third party, but none wants to destroy anything.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:19:11 pm »
Hey, Peg: why don't you put down the cocktail and tell us all why Terry McAuliffe would be preferable as governor of Virgina as opposed to that awful, horrible Tea Party guy he's running against? 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »
Peggy is a contemptible inside the beltway type who is entirely too enamored by her own work. Peggy will spew whatever she feels necessary to get invited to parties and to appear on MSNBC.

Noonan appears to be devoid of core principles and I suspect equally lacking in character.