Author Topic: Time Warner Cable Customers Revolt Over Decision to Carry Al Jazeera America but Not TheBlaze – Read What They’re Saying  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/25/add-theblaze-or-im-gone-time-warner-cable-customers-revolt-over-decision-to-carry-al-jazeera-america-but-not-theblaze/

Time Warner Cable Customers Revolt Over Decision to Carry Al Jazeera America but Not TheBlaze – Read What They’re Saying

Oct. 25, 2013 5:39pm Jason Howerton

Many Time Warner Cable customers are unhappy about the company’s recent decision to add the Qatar-owned Al Jazeera America to its channel line-up while maintaining there are no concrete plans to offer TheBlaze TV.

Customers flocked to Time Warner Cable’s Facebook page to express their frustration, many of them threatening to cancel their service if the provider refuses to pick up TheBlaze TV.

“Al Jazeera?!? Seriously? You’ve got to be kidding me. Add the Blaze or I’m gone,” one Facebook user wrote.

“I am a Time Warner customer for my internet and cable. If you don’t add the Blaze, you can say goodbye to me forever!” another wrote.

Other customers were frustrated because they say they have been requesting TheBlaze for months and they feel like they are not being heard.

We have compiled some of the comments from Time Warner Cable’s Facebook page, though there are hundreds, if not thousands more on the page:

snip... the emails to TWC at the link
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

I think I will head over to their FB page. TW is too expensive, anyway.

Offline Rapunzel

I think I will head over to their FB page. TW is too expensive, anyway.

I have Dish and they carry The Blaze. Anymore I watch it more than Fox.  Some good stuff and it keeps improving.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

I have Dish and they carry The Blaze. Anymore I watch it more than Fox.  Some good stuff and it keeps improving.

I went to the site and voiced my opinion. The place is full of po'd people, so we just might get the Blaze, or they might forego Al Jazeera. I will switch to Dish because I'm tiring of Fox, except for a few programs. I still miss Beck.

Offline Rapunzel

I went to the site and voiced my opinion. The place is full of po'd people, so we just might get the Blaze, or they might forego Al Jazeera. I will switch to Dish because I'm tiring of Fox, except for a few programs. I still miss Beck.

I love Dish - not only for The Blaze (CH 212) but they have the "Heartland" package with UP TV - which is a lot of uplifting movies and programs and the Canadian series - Heartland - which I really LOVE and they carry Pixl (CH 388) with family movies 24/7 and no commercials - they do repeat the movies but keep adding more all the time.. and one of my favorites there is the "Love Comes" series based on the Jeanette Oaks books.  I am not certain why I carry HBO, and Showtime, but I like STARZ and Encore as well as the Sony and EPIX programming I get with the package I buy each month.  I keep having my local cable company keep asking me back and its a firm NO because I like Dish so well.

Offline happyg

A friend called TWC and complained and threatened to leave. They gave her a great deal to stay, but how long will it last? I'd like to try Dish for the reasons you stated.

Offline Rapunzel

A friend called TWC and complained and threatened to leave. They gave her a great deal to stay, but how long will it last? I'd like to try Dish for the reasons you stated.

If you get it give them my name and they will give me a programming credit and you, too... I get emails about it from time-to-time...    they also have internet, but I get mine through my phone company, I imagine if I didn't need a land-land I could save money with the Dish package including high speed internet.

Offline happyg

If you get it give them my name and they will give me a programming credit and you, too... I get emails about it from time-to-time...    they also have internet, but I get mine through my phone company, I imagine if I didn't need a land-land I could save money with the Dish package including high speed internet.

When I am ready for the switch, I will contact you. I get Dish advertising in the mail, but never paid attention to them. I will the next ones!

Offline Rapunzel

When I am ready for the switch, I will contact you. I get Dish advertising in the mail, but never paid attention to them. I will the next ones!

For a year before George died I kept trying to convince him to switch to DISH from cable... he kept saying no because we had a split screen TV in our bedroom (he'd watch one side and I'd watch the other so we could watch TV together ~LOL~)  after he died it didn't matter to me so I switched - funnything is DISH has the split screen capability, of course I never use it.  I like not having to have a DVR for every room, too.