Author Topic: Pelosi: 2010 Democratic losses were not because of Obamacare  (Read 1035 times)

Offline happyg

Pelosi: 2010 Democratic losses were not because of Obamacare
« on: October 23, 2013, 10:51:48 pm »
Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Wednesday she did not believe that Democrats’ major losses in the 2010 elections were because of Democratic votes for Obamacare, blaming them instead on TARP.

In 2010, Republicans picked up 63 House seats, gaining the majority and taking control of the House. The losses are usually blamed on the vote for the unpopular Affordable Care Act, which was signed into law earlier that year. Pelosi argued at a press conference Wednesday that she did not believe that to be the case.

“I don’t even buy into the idea that we lost the election because of healthcare,” she said. “One of the most damaging votes that our members had to take was the TARP, 700 plus billion dollars to bail out Wall Street in the view of the public. We didn’t see it that way. We saw it as rescuing our economy from a financial services meltdown.”

“People never even got over that vote,” she argued of TARP. “It really in some ways gave birth to the tea party. Because they did not like what they viewed as the Wall Street bailout. And certainly the Occupy [Movement], who have a good more in common than they may know. But that was really the vote that sort of soured people. They didn’t like that vote at all. And they judged many other things in light of” it.

“I think that was probably the toughest vote members had to take,” she said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/23/pelosi-2010-democratic-losses-were-not-because-of-obamacare/#ixzz2iaXa2XWH

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Pelosi: 2010 Democratic losses were not because of Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 10:58:35 pm »
She's either hitting the bottle again or got an OD of botox to the brain.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:32 pm »
Except TARP was before the 2008 elections, and then-Senator Obama voted for it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:25:12 pm »
"We are bringing back the old Coca Cola but it has nothing to do with sales!"

Yeah! Right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien