Author Topic: GOP Moderates Looking to Compromise with Dems  (Read 1163 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Moderates Looking to Compromise with Dems
« on: October 22, 2013, 01:28:17 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/21/GOP-Moderates-Ready-to-Compromise-with-Dems

by William Bigelow 21 Oct 2013, 4:55 PM PDT

Buzzfeed reports that there is a silver lining to the government shutdown: while hardliners on both sides were fighting, moderates on both sides had a chance to sneak away and try to find common ground.

Buzzfeed notes that the Future Caucus, which was originated by Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and Republican Rep. Aaron Schock, has been creating proposals for a bipartisan solution when the debt ceiling comes up for discussion again in January.

We’ve got a lot of that going on during [the shutdown] amongst members. In fact, I’ve been part of a number of bipartisan groups talking about, "OK, well, if we give this plan from the Democrat perspective, what don’t you like about it, what do you like about it," and try to find that area that we think we can find agreement. So that’s been a real positive out of all of this, all sides working together.

Schock said of the shutdown, “I would say that the number of people who thought this was a good deal at the beginning is much smaller than the people who think it’s a good deal today.”

He asserted that the GOP should leave the hard-right wing that will not compromise out of the picture, and added:

Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger said:

I think we need to do more than the budget. The budget is big. But if we’re going to do immigration reform, if we’re going to do any of the other big things that our country needs us to do, then they’re going to have to be bipartisan. So I’m imploring my leadership to find a coalition of the willing that want to pass legislation that can ultimately become law. Simply passing legislation that isn’t going to go anywhere is a bit of a pointless exercise.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: GOP Moderates Looking to Compromise with Dems
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:29:28 am »
Looking for ways to sell out America.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 01:31:38 am »
Looking for ways to sell out America.

While lining their pockets!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 02:00:19 am »
 "Bipartisan" always means Republicans voting with Democrats.

There is no such thing as a 'bipartisan' deal, when Democrats vote with Republicans. BTW, these guys know this. The Democrats rule and own most of all the media news outlets and these Republicans are just following the power.

The 'news' outlets in America are now so heavily biased it is not even 'news' anymore. It is always agenda driven opinion couched as 'news'.

The Pubs know they are selling themselves and their supporter out, the thing is, they just don't care.

“Stay low, duck and cover, and hope to get through the next election.” is the Republican motto.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.