Author Topic: Colorado: City-Owned Cemetery Bans Jesus From Gravestones - Over People Will Be “Offended”  (Read 1692 times)

famousdayandyear

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/18/colorado-city-owned-cemetery-bans-jesus-from-gravestones-overs-people-will-be-offended/

Colorado: City-Owned Cemetery Bans Jesus From Gravestones Over People Will Be “Offended”…

Sadly, there are plenty of morons on the left who would be offended.

Via Fox News:

The family of a Colorado preacher’s wife is still fuming after the director of the city-owned cemetery refused to engrave her final resting place with the name ‘Jesus’ because it might offend people. The city eventually reversed course under public pressure.

“We were in disbelief,” said Stacy Adams, the daughter-in-law of Linda Baker. “Who tries to censor Jesus from a cemetery?”

Linda Baker lost her battle with cancer last week. She was the wife of Mark Baker, the pastor of Harvest Baptist Church in Ovid.

Adams said her mother-in-law was passionate about her Christian faith and her family. Her final wish was to have her cemetery marker engraved with the ichthys, a symbol of early Christianity. She also wanted the word ‘Jesus’ written inside the fish.

“At first they told us it wouldn’t fit,” Adams told me. “But after we kept pushing them the cemetery director told us that it might offend somebody. They weren’t going to allow it.”

The family was devastated and asked the cemetery director to reconsider. He refused.

Offline flowers

It has always disturbed me..... our side being offended by this action   ****crickets****

:chairbang:

Offline Rapunzel

It has always disturbed me..... our side being offended by this action   ****crickets****

:chairbang:

These are the polygamist sect of the LDS, the Warren Jeffs group.  Not much Christian about them.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

These are the polygamist sect of the LDS, the Warren Jeffs group.  Not much Christian about them.
They are about what? 1% if that of the whole population. Once again a minority rules the rest.

Liberal_Spy

I think this is stupid. The family of the deceased should be able to mourn the death of their loved one however they want, and that includes religious symbols/affiliations on gravestones.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:41:05 pm by Liberal_Spy »

famousdayandyear

I think this is stupid. The family of the deceased should be able to mourn the death of their loved one however they want, and that includes religious symbols/affiliations on gravestones.

Ya think?  Where'd you get that idea?  We may need a whole 'nother thread on the Constitution.

Offline mountaineer

No First Amendment in cemeteries. Who knew?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

famousdayandyear

No First Amendment in cemeteries. Who knew?

Haven't your heard?  No First Amendment anywheres -- specially for flyover dummies.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Ask to put Allah on there and see what they do.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

famousdayandyear

So, this is a "sect" family?  Is that what you are stating?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:14:09 am by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

So, this is a "sect" family?  Is that what you are stating?

Okay wait a minute. The title is misleading. My bad, I'll delete my post.  I read Colorado City.. not a city in Colorado.  Colorado City is the subject of my post....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

Okay wait a minute. The title is misleading. My bad, I'll delete my post.  I read Colorado City.. not a city in Colorado.  Colorado City is the subject of my post....

Yeah.  Please do.  Maybe we can start a "Can I Have Your Opinion" post on Colorado City.