Author Topic: Iraq: Bombing in ethnic minority village kills 13  (Read 704 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Iraq: Bombing in ethnic minority village kills 13
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:28:18 am »
Via Yahoo News: http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-bombing-ethnic-minority-village-kills-13-075512847.html

BAGHDAD (AP) — Officials say a suicide bomber has blown up his explosives-laden car among houses in an ethnic minority village in northern Iraq, killing at least 13 people.

Police officials say the bombing happened on Thursday morning in the Shabak village of al-Mowafaqiah near the restive city of Mosul, which is 360 kilometers (225 miles) northwest of Baghdad. They say the bombing also wounded 52 people.

Shabaks are ethnically Turkomen and Shiite by religion. Most Shabaks were driven out of Mosul by Sunni militants during the sectarian fighting a few years ago.

Hospital officials confirmed the casualties. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to release the information.

Looks like yon regime change worked out pretty well.

Note for Mods/owners. I rarely excerpt yahoo news stories. If they complain, send them to me - the buggers owe me several thousand for work done.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink