Author Topic: 'Sex Slaves' Saved In Birmingham Brothel Raids  (Read 989 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
'Sex Slaves' Saved In Birmingham Brothel Raids
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:55:28 am »
Via Sky News: http://news.sky.com/story/1154647/sex-slaves-saved-in-birmingham-brothel-raids

Five women believed to be sex-trafficking victims have been rescued by police during raids on nine suspected brothels in Birmingham.

Police, who arrested two women and three men on suspicion of managing a brothel, said they were determined to put a stop to "modern day slavery" in the region.

Three of the buildings raided by some of the 40 officers involved in the operation were found to be empty, but evidence at the scene suggested they had also been used as brothels.

Officers from West Midlands Police seized mobile phones, cash, laptops and paraphernalia relating to prostitution.
Police raid a suspected brothel in Birmingham Police break down the door at one of the houses

A video posted on YouTube by the police force shows officers bashing down a front door and storming one of the properties.

Detective Inspector Darren Haynes said in the video: "We've seized laptops, satnavs, mobile phones, there's clear evidence of large amounts of cash, receipts, the whole picture of this premises would lead me to believe that it is being used as an illegal brothel and perhaps the girls inside are being human trafficked.

"The victims are lost, treated really badly and abused on a daily basis."

The raids were part of Operation Sentinel, a crackdown on sex trafficking and exploitation in the region and were launched following intelligence gathered from local residents.

More at link.

Disgusting. No one should be forced to live in Birmingham.
Yeah, it's a weak joke to hide my total revulsion about this happening.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink