Author Topic: Breaking: Rep. Jordan Grills IRS Official on Sharing Confidential Taxpayer Info with White House  (Read 3236 times)

famousdayandyear

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It should, by now, be completely apparent to every American that the IRS is a thoroughly corrupt organization that we can no longer abide and remain a free people!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

famousdayandyear

It should, by now, be completely apparent to every American that the IRS is a thoroughly corrupt organization that we can no longer abide and remain a free people!

And they now enjoy governance over your every health care need!  And/or any related databases with every piece of personal information you could or could never imagine.

Offline Rapunzel

Jordan is another congressman who is really good at grilling the witnesses.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

And they now enjoy governance over your every health care need!  And/or any related databases with every piece of personal information you could or could never imagine.
Throw in all the weapons and a few million rounds of ammunition the IRS possess, and it's no wonder rational people are just a smidge wary.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Relic

We are not a free people. We are losing freedom and the vast majority of Americans don't care. Americans have no idea what freedom is about. The average American thinks freedom is being able to use your smartphone to surf wherever you want on the web.

Online GourmetDan

Next will be a strongly-worded letter!

You just wait...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Relic

Next will be a strongly-worded letter!

You just wait...

Exactly. Just some red meat for the base, but both parties want and need the IRS.

Offline happyg

He was a good state rep., too. One time, I had a problem with the state. I called his office on a Wednesday. On Sunday, he personally called me, and asked if my problem was solved. I said yes, thanked him, and was amazed the problem was handled so quickly. He has helped others in similar ways.

Offline happyg

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We are not a free people. We are losing freedom and the vast majority of Americans don't care. Americans have no idea what freedom is about. The average American thinks freedom is being able to use your smartphone to surf wherever you want on the web.

Can't argue with that but I was ruined by my grandfather long ago when he repeatedly told me " Son you may get whipped a thousand times  in this life but you are not beat until you quit!!"

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Exactly. Just some red meat for the base, but both parties want and need the IRS.

Which is EXACTLY why they shouldn't have it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

Can't argue with that but I was ruined by my grandfather long ago when he repeatedly told me " Son you may get whipped a thousand times  in this life but you are not beat until you quit!!"

In our current system the majority wins. The majority is stupid, and willing to trade liberty for freebies. It's a celebrity driven culture that has taken that celebrity worship to the political arena. Competence is a non factor.

We are beaten. There are options of course.

1 - Try to find another country to live. Good luck.
2 - Revolution. Without widespread support that's dangerous, and unlikely to have a positive result.
3 - Accept what's coming and try to live as best you can.

Offline Relic

Which is EXACTLY why they shouldn't have it!

I agree, but the politicians don't. I don't know about you, but I don't get to make the rules. Both D's and R's want and need the IRS to keep people in line. Just like they need 8000 new laws each year with none repealed. No one can ever be 100% sure they aren't breaking some law. And that's just how the political class likes it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I agree, but the politicians don't. I don't know about you, but I don't get to make the rules. Both D's and R's want and need the IRS to keep people in line. Just like they need 8000 new laws each year with none repealed. No one can ever be 100% sure they aren't breaking some law. And that's just how the political class likes it.

I've heard that before!

"... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any
government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one MAKES them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
......just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

- p.411,
Ayn Rand, ATLAS SHRUGGED, Signet Books, NY, 1957

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

He was a good state rep., too. One time, I had a problem with the state. I called his office on a Wednesday. On Sunday, he personally called me, and asked if my problem was solved. I said yes, thanked him, and was amazed the problem was handled so quickly. He has helped others in similar ways.

That is how Jon Kyl was his first term in the senate... his second term he was different, but still good - just not as good. I think he became turned off by the games.  We need more like these men.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

That is how Jon Kyl was his first term in the senate... his second term he was different, but still good - just not as good. I think he became turned off by the games.  We need more like these men.

My interactions with Jordan were when he was a State Representative. I think he will stay mostly the same. He has always been a good guy. I've been disappointed before, though. 8888crybaby

Offline Slide Rule

I am quite happy with Rep Jim Jordan.  He is quite a step up from
M Kaptur.  Mr Jordan is my Representative replacing Kaptur.

A point of interest.
Jim Jordan was a 4 time Ohio Wrestling Champion.

He is now wrestling with pansies.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

famousdayandyear

I am quite happy with Rep Jim Jordan.  He is quite a step up from
M Kaptur.  Mr Jordan is my Representative replacing Kaptur.

A point of interest.
Jim Jordan was a 4 time Ohio Wrestling Champion.

He is now wrestling with pansies.

New information for me.  Currently, he seems pretty fearless.  Imagine that--a Congressman with a spine.

Offline Rapunzel

They are definitely in short supply these days, Famous.

famousdayandyear

They are definitely in short supply these days, Famous.

Not just Congress--  short supply anywhere.