Author Topic: NBC New's Andrea Mitchell & Washington's ObamaCare Exemptions  (Read 794 times)

Offline Rapunzel

NBC New's Andrea Mitchell & Washington's ObamaCare Exemptions
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:12:28 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/09/NBC-New-s-Andrea-Mitchell-Washington-s-ObamaCare-Exemptions

NBC New's Andrea Mitchell & Washington's ObamaCare Exemptions

by Brian Cates 10 Oct 2013, 2:04 AM PDT

In a recent interview on MSNBC with Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wisc), NBC News reporter Andrea Mitchell made a startling statement. 

When directly asked by Duffy why members of the mainstream media won't challenge top Democrats for insisting that Washington's political class be exempt from the ObamaCare law they passed for the rest of us, look carefully how Mitchell responded to the question:

[Video of the exchange at this link.]

REP. DUFFY: Andrea, that's ridiculous. I think he said you've been through 18 shutdowns. I don't know if you've seen a President that has come and said I'm not going to negotiate. This is historic, a President says I'm not going to sit at the table. As a guy that's the 10th of 11 kids, families work through problems by talking and communicating, so does the government. You're aware all we've asked for is the President and administration join us in Obamacare, American people in Congress and that individuals and families be treated just like big business. That's what they are holding out for.

MITCHELL:  Congressman, you're asking him -- that's a nonnegotiable demand. Why not sit down and negotiate over entitlement reform, which is something you all have been demanding and he has offered in his initial budget. You're putting on the table a nonnegotiable demand.

REP DUFFY: Listen, is it nonnegotiable that he's not going to enter Obamacare? I get my gold plated health care plan but I want members of Congress and rest of America to be in Obamacare, that's nonnegotiable? Come on. That's not reasonable. One issue we have, the media won't ask the question about why are you treating families different than big business. You need Jon Stewart on Comedy Central to ask Secretary Sebelius, hey, why won't you treat these two equally and she won't answer it. That's how pathetic news reporting has come when they won't ask tough questions to the administration.

MITCHELL:  We've asked questions of both sides. That's not fair.

DUFFY:  Do you ask that question, Andrea. 

MITCHELL:  We have asked the question. The basic point is that --

DUFFY:  Why do you want your own ... and won't join us in Obama care. That question I haven't seen anybody ask on MSNBC. They don't have a good answer for it. With regard to actually --

MITCHELL: The response Kathleen Sebelius gave to Jon Stewart, if we got what we wanted, a single payer plan, this wouldn't be the problem.

DUFFY: You say I think this is what they would say but you don't know because you haven't asked. That's one of the problems we have here.

How illuminating.  Mitchell's take on this is that if Democrats in Washington had 'got what we wanted', which was a 'single payer plan', 'this wouldn't be a problem.'

What wouldn't be a problem? Evidently, Democrats 'having' to exempt themselves from ObamaCare and the mainstream media refusing to ask them about it or make an issue of it. 

Who kept Democrats in Washington from getting the single payer plan they wanted? Republicans did.  Which means you end up concluding Democrats being 'forced' to exempt the political class in D.C. from the law they passed is the Republican's fault.

Mitchell is claiming the media's bias in not pressing Democrats on this incredibly hypocritical ObamaCare exemption for themselves is *justified* because Republicans kept Democrats from having the wonderful single payer plan they originally had their hearts set upon.  So instead we ended up with an incredibly bad law that they exempted themselves from when they figured they could do it with the help of a compliant media.

It is hard to see how we could get a more blatant admission from a supposedly 'neutral' and 'objective' news reporter that many in the mainstream media are biased mouthpieces for the DNC. 

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776