Author Topic: OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER  (Read 22155 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2013, 03:09:50 pm »
A couple of personal photos from two massive DC Tea Party rallies which my husband and I attended.

This one is from 9.12 - hundreds of thousands of law-abiding citizens who left a spotless mall and Capitol grounds....

The Kill the Bill rally (to save the stupid kids from this government "RAPE" by Obama)........

Spur of the moment.  Thousands of participants from around the country.  ALL peaceful.  ALL clean.

NO large gatherings of Tea Party people??

A LIE!

(Edited to downsize a bit!)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:34:05 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2013, 03:10:32 pm »
That sounds a lot like:

** I can't produce anything about the Tea Party that is nearly as damning as what has been documented about OWS, so I'm shutting down now. **

If you were honest, you'd admit the real differences between OWS and Tea Party. Much of it has to do with the basic composition. The Tea Party tends to be older citizens who adhere to what was once considered traditional American values. OWS, by the nature of their demonstration method, (camping for weeks), tended to be younger citizens, who were the modern equivalent of anti establishment types. With younger people, you tend to get people there for the event as much as for the purpose. That is, people looking for a party.

I've cut a lot of conversations short and have neglected to take them to their conclusions because I recognize where I am and the belief set of the posters here. I'm not really interested in being chased out with pitch forks. The OWS is absolutely different than the Tea Party, but we fundamentally disagree on what makes them different.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2013, 03:12:42 pm »
Ummm............can someone shrink my lower photo here?

It's kinda big! 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2013, 03:14:59 pm »
Thank you music lady! I honestly couldn't remember who had the good personal photos, but I knew someone had them here!

Sorry?  :seeya:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2013, 03:16:52 pm »
That sounds a lot like:

** I can't produce anything about the Tea Party that is nearly as damning as what has been documented about OWS, so I'm shutting down now. **

If you were honest, you'd admit the real differences between OWS and Tea Party. Much of it has to do with the basic composition. The Tea Party tends to be older citizens who adhere to what was once considered traditional American values. OWS, by the nature of their demonstration method, (camping for weeks), tended to be younger citizens, who were the modern equivalent of anti establishment types. With younger people, you tend to get people there for the event as much as for the purpose. That is, people looking for a party.

Excellent point, Relic.

That's why there was so much filth, drug-use, violence and vandalism at the OWS rallies.  Kids at a long party.

The Tea Party was and is a serious movement of serious people to get government under control and save the country from this disastrous administration (and out of control Congressional spending).

There is NO comparison.

The same anarchists that burned down college buildings in the 1960's "Peace" demonstrations were involved in OWS.

The people in the Tea Party movement are loyal citizens and patriots.

NO comparison.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2013, 03:18:39 pm »
Thank you music lady! I honestly couldn't remember who had the good personal photos, but I knew someone had them here!

Sorry?  :seeya:

I have lots more too.

I wish I had one of the grounds when we left.

They were spotless.  I was there.  Not a scrap of paper on the ground, but the trash containers sure were full!

If someone can post the post-Inaugural garbage dump the leftists left in DC, the contrast will be obvious.

(I don't have that one, but I'm sure someone does).

famousdayandyear

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2013, 03:23:09 pm »
I've cut a lot of conversations short and have neglected to take them to their conclusions because I recognize where I am and the belief set of the posters here. I'm not really interested in being chased out with pitch forks. The OWS is absolutely different than the Tea Party, but we fundamentally disagree on what makes them different.

May I recommend taking the time to read a very short treatise entitled:
"The Road to Serfdom" by Friedrich A. Hayek.  (Easily available)

In your search for truth, this little book can be of immense value and highly
recommended as a great introduction to the subject you are so passionately pursuing.

It would be very helpful in your quest. 

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2013, 03:23:45 pm »

Tea Party on the Mall - Before and After

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:48:48 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2013, 03:25:14 pm »
I have lots more too.

I wish I had one of the grounds when we left.

They were spotless.  I was there.  Not a scrap of paper on the ground, but the trash containers sure were full!

If someone can post the post-Inaugural garbage dump the leftists left in DC, the contrast will be obvious.

(I don't have that one, but I'm sure someone does).

Last I saw that one was on TOS - a place I try avoid now. Sadly, can't remember who posted it, but the contrast was amazing.

Fake edit: Lando - Thank you! That is the exact one I were thinking on.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:26:49 pm by EC »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2013, 03:26:42 pm »
THANK YOU, LANDOLINCOLN!!     :patriot:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2013, 03:31:53 pm »
As you can see from Lando's photos, the Tea Party rally was much, much larger than I could photograph.

We were fairly close to the Capitol with thousands of people in front of us, and hundreds of thousands behind us.

I cannot emphasize enough how PEACEFUL and PLEASANT an experience it was to be there.

It was like a FOURTH of JULY celebration in 1965 - filled with patriots, wonderful people, great conversations, and UNITED PURPOSE.

There were a handful of leftists trying to rile things up, but they FAILED.

To compare this honorable group of citizens with the motley, disheveled OWS is an absurdity beyond description.

This is not the "RIGHT WING" perspective...................it is the TRUTH!

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2013, 03:34:30 pm »
http://www.npr.org/2011/10/22/141619672/finding-common-ground-between-two-movements

We should be focusing on the common ground, in my opinion.

Offline Relic

« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2013, 03:36:21 pm »

Tea Party on the Mall - Before and After

If LS was what he says he is, (an open minded liberal trying to understand the other side's point of view), he would acknowledge the documentation. If the roles were reversed, and there was documentation of a large contingent of ne'er do wells in a movement I supported, I would acknowledge it, and rather than grasp for some kind of moral equivalence, I'd examine who and what I support.

Or, if LS is a true liberal, he will simply shut down in the face of facts that contradict his views.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2013, 03:38:45 pm »
If LS was what he says he is, (an open minded liberal trying to understand the other side's point of view), he would acknowledge the documentation. If the roles were reversed, and there was documentation of a large contingent of ne'er do wells in a movement I supported, I would acknowledge it, and rather than grasp for some kind of moral equivalence, I'd examine who and what I support.

Or, if LS is a true liberal, he will simply shut down in the face of facts that contradict his views.

I recognize that your rhetoric makes OWS look as bad as you say it is, but at the same time I could link you to more left wing sites/articles that paint the picture in a different way, but you'd just shoot that down as left wing BS, which is why I choose to not even go there.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2013, 03:41:20 pm »
It was like a FOURTH of JULY celebration in 1965 - filled with patriots, wonderful people, great conversations, and UNITED PURPOSE.

Going to risk the threadjack for a minute.

1965. July 1st. We were camping in one of the most beautiful parks in Ontario. (Bon Echo - look it up) and in the campsite next to us was a charming couple from South Carolina. It's Canada Day, so we kids had some sparklers to run around with. They offloaded a mass of fireworks and we had a party that went on all night. Don't know their names. But they made that one heck of a night for us kids and not a scrap of rubbish in the meadow in the morning.

Never forgot that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2013, 03:44:04 pm »

That's exactly what he's doing.  Shutting down in the face of facts.  Visible, clear proof of his error.

And you're right.  If you or I saw actual proof of another perspective, we'd examine it.  If there was documentation, we would accept it.

But a leftist does not.  He cannot, because he cannot accept the reality that he has been fed lies, and is now regurgitating them.

Whether a stupid kid or a nasty troll, a leftist cannot ever admit the truth.

He will not admit that he is wrong.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2013, 03:50:44 pm »
That's exactly what he's doing.  Shutting down in the face of facts.  Visible, clear proof of his error.

And you're right.  If you or I saw actual proof of another perspective, we'd examine it.  If there was documentation, we would accept it.

But a leftist does not.  He cannot, because he cannot accept the reality that he has been fed lies, and is now regurgitating them.

Whether a stupid kid or a nasty troll, a leftist cannot ever admit the truth.

He will not admit that he is wrong.

Just out of curiosity, do you support the message of these protesters?

http://imgur.com/dc4E4PK

http://imgur.com/SGm4a87

http://imgur.com/FvcGQ5f

http://imgur.com/uEJqru0

http://imgur.com/mJ9GCRo
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:00:21 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2013, 03:53:57 pm »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2013, 04:14:44 pm »
They knew exactly what they wanted. Their message was that the banks and corporations are corrupting our politicians and ruining our lives. The local, smaller occupy movements I can't really speak for. They were definitely very disorganized and severely lacked the numbers the main movement had. The movement also started to look bad towards the very end, because most of the sane people had gone home after cops had started beating the crap out of peaceful protesters.

It's easy to be against something. OWS was certainly famous for that; against corporations, banks, oil companies, biotech foods, McDonalds. Anything "big." The tea party on the other hand is for something—specifically, for the return to constitutional government. "Big" difference.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2013, 04:19:18 pm »
It's easy to be against something. OWS was certainly famous for that; against corporations, banks, oil companies, biotech foods, McDonalds. Anything "big." The tea party on the other hand is for something—specifically, for the return to constitutional government. "Big" difference.

My question a couple of posts up is really for everybody. Care to chime in?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2013, 04:23:38 pm »
There is a vote going on right now in the general discussion forum deciding on whether or not I should be banned from this website. If you disapprove of my presence here, I encourage you to go vote to have me banned. I'm sorry that you feel like I'm trolling. I came here to exchange ideas with a crowd of people that disagrees with a lot of what I have to say. It was both a personal challenge and an attempt to become more well rounded by better understanding the conservative perspective. Nothing I've said has been insulting or rude towards anybody on this forum.

For the record, I'm for free speech. As far as I'm concerned your presence here is perfectly welcome. If one is confident in their own position simply having another disagree should be no problem.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2013, 04:40:07 pm »
THANK YOU, LANDOLINCOLN!!     :patriot:

I second that! That was an excellent and most illustrative post, Lando. A picture is worth a thousand propaganda spews.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2013, 04:44:22 pm »
http://www.npr.org/2011/10/22/141619672/finding-common-ground-between-two-movements

We should be focusing on the common ground, in my opinion.

Thanks for the informative link. I agree common ground may be the only place from which victory can be gained over entrenched and corrupt federal power.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2013, 04:45:23 pm »
I agree common ground may be the only place from which victory can be gained over entrenched and corrupt federal power.

That's part of the reason I'm here.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2013, 04:47:27 pm »
For the record, I'm for free speech. As far as I'm concerned your presence here is perfectly welcome. If one is confident in their own position simply having another disagree should be no problem.

Are you saying that you will accommodate and tolerate any type of speech as long as the speaker is confident in their position?   Would that include jihadi speech such as Nidal Hasan propagated?  Or speech advocating abortion rights? Or speech condemning the Copts in Egypt?  Or speech advocating positions without supporting facts or basic God-given principles?

If that is the position advocated (additionally) for this forum, count me out.