Author Topic: OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER  (Read 22065 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2013, 02:01:22 pm »
You know the way you view OWS is almost exactly how the left wing views the Tea Party, right? Do you think it might be possible that MSM paints a bad image of ANY movement that takes a negative tone towards our government?

The MSM is left wing, and no thinking person relies on them for ANY accurate information.

You are clueless.  (And my guess is, get your "news" from Comedy Central).

So............seeing your support of OWS here, I've join the ranks of people here who aren't going to waste any more time on a conservative website debating someone who is deliberately ignorant and supporting the insupportable.

You've seen more truth here in a day than you'll find wherever you came from in a lifetime.

If you were wise, you'd absorb it and move on.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2013, 02:04:28 pm »

What you said is perfect. It is a perfect example of the cliche' idea people have of what it was all about, spoken by people who were not actually involved. I went to one of their 'town meetings'. Everything from PETA, to Greenpeace, to Homosexual activists, to Environmentalists, to Feminists, to Abortion rights and Planned Parenthood, and on and on and on, were there. It was chaos. It devolved into a disorganized yelling match with each group trying to push their agenda ahead of all the others. It was a mess and most people stormed out disgusted.

I understand this romatic vision you have about what OWS was, but it is a fantasy. The reality of the situation was much different than your idealized view of the 'movement', if you can call it that.

There was no movement.   (As you well know)

It was astroturfing.

Propaganda, not grassroots.

Disparate malcontents, law-breakers, thieves and thugs, with a good number of spoiled rich kids with smartphones that their daddy's bought for them who thought it was cool to sit in a park and do nothing.

The idea that it was in any way as legitimate as the Tea Party is absolute absurdity.  (As you also know)

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Relic

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2013, 02:05:23 pm »
You know the way you view OWS is almost exactly how the left wing views the Tea Party, right? Do you think it might be possible that MSM paints a bad image of ANY movement that takes a negative tone towards our government?

The Tea Party never planned to blow up a bridge.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2013, 02:06:15 pm »
OWS was huge, and involved many, many people. Also, for the record, I was involved. Your personal experience of going to one town meeting at one point in time and having a bad experience does not qualify you to speak for what the entire movement was about, in my opinion.

OK. Whatever you say.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2013, 02:07:18 pm »

I don't know anything about that. Among such a large mass of people there are bound to be extremist lunatics that want to take it too far. If you're honest with yourself you will admit these people exist in the tea party too. Violent resolution was not the goal of the vast majority of OWS.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2013, 02:12:13 pm »

So............seeing your support of OWS here, I've join the ranks of people here who aren't going to waste any more time on a conservative website debating someone who is deliberately ignorant and supporting the insupportable.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I respect your position. Maybe we'll eventually find something we both agree on. :)

famousdayandyear

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2013, 02:14:55 pm »
I don't know anything about that. Among such a large mass of people there are bound to be extremist lunatics that want to take it too far. If you're honest with yourself you will admit these people exist in the tea party too. Violent resolution was not the goal of the vast majority of OWS.

You have published a lie.  Please site specific incident(s) to support your assertions that people in the Tea Party have been arrested for conspiring to perform a terrorist act.  In other words, stick to the facts--not the propaganda taught by biased media or your Alinsky supporting professors.  Thanks so much.  This is a polite request.

Offline Relic

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2013, 02:15:00 pm »

How many Tea Party types were arrested for such plans?
I live near Cleveland, I can tell you how many OWS types were arrested here.

You're projecting, speculating to fit your view rather than dealing with facts. What I WANT to do, and what I actually do are two different things. Self control and personal responsibility come into play. Those are cornerstones of conservative ideals. We may fall short at times, but it is something we seem to value more than the left.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2013, 02:17:46 pm »
How many Tea Party types were arrested for such plans?
I live near Cleveland, I can tell you how many OWS types were arrested here.

You're projecting, speculating to fit your view rather than dealing with facts. What I WANT to do, and what I actually do are two different things. Self control and personal responsibility come into play. Those are cornerstones of conservative ideals. We may fall short at times, but it is something we seem to value more than the left.

The Tea Party has never protested on such a mass scale (they DID protest with and among OWS protesters, though). I understand that some people on the extreme left are nutty anarchists that want to blow things up. The same is true for extreme nuts on the right. These people do not represent the majority. People try to focus on them and ignore the whole picture.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2013, 02:20:15 pm »
Who would you rather have piloting your aircraft, designing the high rise you need to get to the top floor of, performing that bit of surgery you need, or being your anesthesiologist...or your dentist for that matter...a member of the Tea Party or an OWS camper?

Anything for a bong party with anarchists...except maybe your life.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2013, 02:23:49 pm »
Who would you rather have piloting your aircraft, designing the high rise you need to get to the top floor of, performing that bit of surgery you need, or being your anesthesiologist...or your dentist for that matter...a member of the Tea Party or an OWS camper?

Anything for a bong party with anarchists...except maybe your life.

There were a lot of educated professionals in the OWS movement. They made their presence known all over social media and even gave speeches. Professors from Columbia and other prestigious colleges in NYC gave speeches at OWS, praising them for their efforts. It wasn't a bunch of stoned kids and drunk homeless people like the media likes to insinuate.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:24:27 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2013, 02:24:56 pm »

Exactly. Beyond that, the Tea Party movement is non-violent, grass-roots, and self-funded. OWS was radical, artificial, and well-funded by a Progressive infrastructure that has no analogous structure on the Right. The former is thriving; the latter has evaporated.

The single thing they have in common is a professed distrust for the concentration of power and authority. But whereas the Tea Party actually means it, OWS was disingenuous in its aims, specifically by attacking Big Business and free trade, while supporting a massive, authoritarian central government that provides special favors and imposes regulations and tax policies that make truly fair and free trade impossible.

The Tea Party wants freedom. OWS just wanted free stuff.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

famousdayandyear

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2013, 02:28:42 pm »
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I respect your position. Maybe we'll eventually find something we both agree on. :)

I do not wish to find common ground with you and people like you.  You will be defeated regardless of the veneer of politeness you present to this forum.  I asked for facts, and you spew tiresome platitudes.  Total waste of time and bandwidth.

Try Ace of Spades HQ--another site you can attempt to troll.  They'll love you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »

It doesn't matter if what you say you believe is something I agree with.

You have lied here, and you are no longer credible at any level, smiley face notwithstanding, so there will be no further discussion from me.

There is no point in an honest person's (me) discussing something with a person who is either deliberately, or ignorantly saying things that aren't true.

You may be a stupid college kid, or you may be a diabolical troll.

It doesn't matter.

You haven't told the truth.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2013, 02:34:58 pm »
Exactly. Beyond that, the Tea Party movement is non-violent, grass-roots, and self-funded. OWS was radical, artificial, and well-funded by a Progressive infrastructure that has no analogous structure on the Right. The former is thriving; the latter has evaporated.

The single thing they have in common is a professed distrust for the concentration of power and authority. But whereas the Tea Party actually means it, OWS was disingenuous in its aims, specifically by attacking Big Business and free trade, while supporting a massive, authoritarian central government that provides special favors and imposes regulations and tax policies that make truly fair and free trade impossible.

The Tea Party wants freedom. OWS just wanted free stuff.

goopo

No....................GREAT posting.  THANK you!

In a few short words you have captured the essence of the difference between the honorable Tea Party movement, wanting to reign in an out of control government and restore Constitutional government, and the radical, leftist, anarchist OWS astroturf movement.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2013, 02:36:07 pm »
I do not wish to find common ground with you and people like you.  You will be defeated regardless of the veneer of politeness you present to this forum.  I asked for facts, and you spew tiresome platitudes.  Total waste of time and bandwidth.

Try Ace of Spades HQ--another site you can attempt to troll.  They'll love you.

There is a vote going on right now in the general discussion forum deciding on whether or not I should be banned from this website. If you disapprove of my presence here, I encourage you to go vote to have me banned. I'm sorry that you feel like I'm trolling. I came here to exchange ideas with a crowd of people that disagrees with a lot of what I have to say. It was both a personal challenge and an attempt to become more well rounded by better understanding the conservative perspective. Nothing I've said has been insulting or rude towards anybody on this forum.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:37:14 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2013, 02:36:52 pm »
It wasn't a bunch of stoned kids and drunk homeless people like the media likes to insinuate.

Yes. That is exactly what it was.

The media isn't "insinuating"; they are "reporting". I do not believe that you were involved in terms of being with the group. I think that when you say you were 'involved' in OWS, it must be that you are referring to a donation or moral support or something. If you had met some of those guys, you would have a different opinion.

I consider you to be an intelligent person. But your description of OWS is just not what it was. It was anarchy and chaos. Half those kids were rebelling more against their parents than any government or corporation.

I keep trying to get out of this discussion, but this crazy description of something I know about keeps drawing me back in. OK. this is my last post on the subject. Done. Out.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2013, 02:38:20 pm »

The media isn't "insinuating"; they are "reporting". I do not believe that you were involved in terms of being with the group. I think that when you say you were 'involved' in OWS, it must be that you are referring to a donation or moral support or something. If you had met some of those guys, you would have a different opinion.

I consider you to be an intelligent person. But your description of OWS is just not what it was. It was anarchy and chaos. Half those kids were rebelling more against their parents than any government or corporation.

I keep trying to get out of this discussion, but this crazy description of something I know about keeps drawing me back in. OK. this is my last post on the subject. Done. Out.

We will simply have to agree to disagree.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2013, 02:39:13 pm »

Thanks for what you've added to the discussion.

TRUTH matters.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2013, 02:39:37 pm »
LS....take a few minutes and read this thread which was very popular on the web at the time.....one of our own here was the on the scene reporter and did a great job...

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,58768.0.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2013, 02:42:02 pm »
It wasn't a bunch of stoned kids and drunk homeless people like the media likes to insinuate.

And yet you believe the media mis-characterization...no demonization...of the Tea Party.

Your double standard is showing.

OWS found some old, stoned hippie profs to make some speeches?  The fact is that OWS is being judged here by what they DID, not by a media characterization, by what they actually DID in cities around the country...which was for the most part destroy and trash public property and private property with the filth and debris from their glorified pot parties for weeks on end. They served no purpose except to increase public expenditure to clean up the crap and destruction they left behind.  When you actually do something, it's pretty lame to claim media mis characterization.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2013, 02:43:03 pm »
And yet you believe the media mis-characterization...no demonization...of the Tea Party.

I never said that.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2013, 02:51:42 pm »
Please do read the thread Myst linked. You might be surprised.

If anyone has that pic of the aftermath of a tea party demo vs an occupy demo to post, that might also be instructive.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2013, 02:58:45 pm »
Please do read the thread Myst linked. You might be surprised.

If anyone has that pic of the aftermath of a tea party demo vs an occupy demo to post, that might also be instructive.

I've seen OWS from the right wing perspective. I've said my peace about it, and all that is really left is to just disagree. Beyond that point the conversation just devolves into name calling and posturing, which I'm uninterested in.

Offline Relic

« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2013, 03:07:45 pm »
I've seen OWS from the right wing perspective. I've said my peace about it, and all that is really left is to just disagree. Beyond that point the conversation just devolves into name calling and posturing, which I'm uninterested in.

That sounds a lot like:

** I can't produce anything about the Tea Party that is nearly as damning as what has been documented about OWS, so I'm shutting down now. **

If you were honest, you'd admit the real differences between OWS and Tea Party. Much of it has to do with the basic composition. The Tea Party tends to be older citizens who adhere to what was once considered traditional American values. OWS, by the nature of their demonstration method, (camping for weeks), tended to be younger citizens, who were the modern equivalent of anti establishment types. With younger people, you tend to get people there for the event as much as for the purpose. That is, people looking for a party.