Author Topic: OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER  (Read 22070 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2013, 08:01:04 pm »
Very true. Without his presence I don't think I would have know what brilliant posts you were capable of. Honest. Excellent prose verging on poetry. You da WOman!

Yeah, but some of my best stuff has been buried upstream!!!  LOL!

I gotta have a beer with musiclady, tho!!  (My beer obligations are growing!)
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2013, 08:07:00 pm »
Yeah, but some of my best stuff has been buried upstream!!!  LOL!

I gotta have a beer with musiclady, tho!!  (My beer obligations are growing!)

Am I permitted to request white wine instead?

(I can be in Illinois in a matter of hours, if that's where you live.  ^-^ ).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2013, 08:10:06 pm »
THIS post!  Worth the price of admission!

And to think the poor young schleps whose future has been raped participated in the OWS filthy rallies while the adults who want to correct the rotten path America is on rallied as Tea Partiers.

I'd feel sorry for them if they hadn't put their own future in jeopardy by voting for a punk.

And these posts, and this thread, the longest I've seen in some time, were inspired by a little opposition.
Something to consider.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2013, 08:11:24 pm »
Of course.  I always respectfully defer to a lady.  But Mrs. Lando will need to join us...  LOL!

John Steinbeck

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2013, 08:16:53 pm »
This is the guy who has been cleaning the National Mall for "free" and was harassed by the NPS (which has become increasingly liberal of late)

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/10/10/meet-the-patriot-who-is-caring-for-the-national-mall-during-the-govt-shutdown/

Meet the patriot who is caring for the National Mall during the gov’t shutdown

Thursday, Oct 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM -0700

Meet Chris Cox, a man who has become known as the “Memorial Militia” because he has taken it upon himself to care for and maintain the memorials and monuments on the National Mall during the shutdown. Glenn introduced Chris on Thursday’s Glenn Beck Program as someone who internalized President John F. Kennedy’s famous words, “Ask not what you country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”

Chris initially went to D.C. from his home in South Carolina to patrol the memorials, and after two days on the Mall, he decided to undertake a custodial role because of the accumulating trash, leaves, and overgrowth. He bought a blower and began clearing paths and tidying the area. His mission: Make the Mall look “more like a golf course than a ghetto.”

Throughout the week he found enjoyed a primarily warm welcome from Park Services and his fellow citizens. Yesterday, he noticed a large log blocking a path, so he brought his chainsaw and began clearing it so joggers wouldn’t have to jump over it and wheelchairs could get by. Chris explained he spent a couple hours clearing the lofand was given a vote of confidence by most of the officers he came in contact with. One, however, was quite heavy handed.

Chris explained that he will continue his efforts – completely out of pocket – until he is told not to. He views his small actions as a way to serve his country, and he is most honored when veterans approach him and thank him for the work he’s doing. In reality, Chris believes he is the one who should be thanking them. Various people have handed him small donations over the last few days to help cover his expenses.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2013, 08:20:04 pm »
BTW Beck pointed out on his program this morning how dirty the mall was when everyone arrived for 8/28 and how they took HUGE trash bags and everyone proceeded to clean up the mess and after the 8/28 rally when everyone left the place spotless. He said this weekend there is a "permitted" event he is attending where they are also - once again - cleaning the mall. He pointed out what a disgrace that the people we pay to actually clean these national parks - do not, rather it is us private citizens who do the heavy lifting for free because we love our country.  Reminded me of the trash tracker program at Lake Powell - which is a volunteer program and much needed as with this me. me. me generation there is more and more vandalism and trashing going on.  People should be ashamed.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2013, 08:22:16 pm »
Fascinating.

I dunno - the misspelling lead to something instructive. http://tbogg.firedoglake.com/2009/03/09/a-canticle-for-godlstein/

I do believe whoever wrote that should enter The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest ( http://bulwer-lytton.com/ ). He would be a shoe-in. 

It was a dark and stormy night...
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2013, 08:25:37 pm »
Of course.  I always respectfully defer to a lady.  But Mrs. Lando will need to join us...  LOL!

And Mr. ML will be happy to make it a foursome.

But he's so conservative, he'll probably want to abstain and have an iced tea instead.   :laugh:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2013, 08:33:01 pm »
Fascinating.

I dunno - the misspelling lead to something instructive. http://tbogg.firedoglake.com/2009/03/09/a-canticle-for-godlstein/

I do believe whoever wrote that should enter The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest ( http://bulwer-lytton.com/ ). He would be a shoe-in. 

It was a dark and stormy night...

Come on - it is brilliant. Outside a Carney speech, where else would you find so much pretension in such a small package?  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2013, 09:32:57 pm »
That was indeed a rare piece; it combines the yolk of a poorly-written (but well-meaning) apologia within a paper-thin science fiction shell, and then proceeds to scaramble the whole in a manner reminiscent (at least to me) of a night spent swallowing one too many peyote buttons, chased down with tequila. 

As such, and in today's artistic environment, it might well win a host of literary awards.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2013, 09:48:55 pm »
Just out of curiosity, do you support the message of these protesters?

http://imgur.com/dc4E4PK

http://imgur.com/SGm4a87

http://imgur.com/FvcGQ5f

http://imgur.com/uEJqru0

http://imgur.com/mJ9GCRo

I find those rather childish actually, especially at a public rally (versus the Internet where the meme/parody concept in free speech is given much more leeway). Even more so from our side who has historically taken the higher ground.

However, that is the level of discourse that politics has come to (albeit, it has always been this way- just look at the media fights between Andrew Jackson and James Buchanan).  The left really did set the tone for this in the past decade. Don't believe me, Google "Bush + Chimp". 

My promise to liberal friends, and I'm sure you would think this is completely fair, is to give President Obama 10% more respect than the left gave President Bush.

You do think that is fair, right?

rangerrebew

« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2013, 09:58:57 pm »
Obamacare is nothing but a high tech  Nazi concentration camp.  Instead of ID numbers tattooed on the arm, we have SSNs on file.  Instead of being greeted by someone as you get off the train and being directed to the death camp or the work camp, we now have a committee to decide if you live or die.  Instead of doctors deciding if they will save you or not, we now have a committee.  Instead of a log book with all the victims information, we now have computer files.  Instead of armed guards we have the NSA, IRA, and FBI working together to punish anyone who says anything negative about Herr Obama.  I could go on at some length but you get the idea. 8888crybaby

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2013, 10:01:25 pm »
Obamacare is nothing but a high tech  Nazi concentration camp.  Instead of ID numbers tattooed on the arm, we have SSNs on file.  Instead of being greeted by someone as you get off the train and being directed to the death camp or the work camp, we now have a committee to decide if you live or die.  Instead of doctors deciding if they will save you or not, we now have a committee.  Instead of a log book with all the victims information, we now have computer files.  Instead of armed guards we have the NSA, IRA, and FBI working together to punish anyone who says anything negative about Herr Obama.  I could go on at some length but you get the idea. 8888crybaby

Spot on! ABSOLUTELY true! No doubt about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »

In many ways your analogy is very apt. Tyrants, even the proverbial 'moral busybody' who feels he is just looking out for everyone, no longer need to control the masses through threats of violence. In the past, they retained power through force. Now, they retain power through pacification and dependency. It is almost like a drug dealer. Give them a little taste of the drug and they become hooked, they then need you forever unless they go through a difficult detoxing. Look at how many attacks on liberty we now accept as normal simply because we are used to them.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2013, 10:11:02 pm »
He's been leading you people around by the nose since he got here.

Wake up...

Ain't that the truth.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2013, 10:16:15 pm »
I find those rather childish actually, especially at a public rally (versus the Internet where the meme/parody concept in free speech is given much more leeway). Even more so from our side who has historically taken the higher ground.

Who's to say those are really conservative people anyway?

Don't swallow everything hook, line and sinker...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2013, 10:21:54 pm »
Who's to say those are really conservative people anyway?

I spent six years as a Democrat operative for Willie Brown out in California from 1976-1983.  We used to do this kind of thing to discredit conservatives regularly.  Get some union guys, put Reagan bumper stickers on their trucks, and send them somewhere to do something racist or outlandish so it will get reported in the press.

There is no limit to what Dems will do or say to hold power.  I know from personal experience.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #192 on: October 11, 2013, 10:22:39 pm »
In many ways your analogy is very apt. Tyrants, even the proverbial 'moral busybody' who feels he is just looking out for everyone, no longer need to control the masses through threats of violence. In the past, they retained power through force. Now, they retain power through pacification and dependency. It is almost like a drug dealer. Give them a little taste of the drug and they become hooked, they then need you forever unless they go through a difficult detoxing. Look at how many attacks on liberty we now accept as normal simply because we are used to them.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:23:20 pm by musiclady »

Offline happyg

« Reply #193 on: October 11, 2013, 10:32:15 pm »
Mostly what I was getting at is everybody has idiots in their party that get focused on too much. How many liberals have told you that the Tea Party is just a bunch of racists? Isn't that stupid? These people don't represent all of you, but they are out there, and they make you look bad. We have those too, but they don't represent all of us. Some of the people in those giant protests were undoubtedly complete idiots, and did stupid shit that made everybody else look bad, but that doesn't mean they are all like that.

If Conservatives did that, then to hell with them. However, over and over, liberals have infiltrated rallies and posed as one of them, only to be exposed later. Who knows, since that is generally a liberal thing.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #194 on: October 11, 2013, 10:51:22 pm »

^-^

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2013, 10:59:29 pm »
If Conservatives did that, then to hell with them. However, over and over, liberals have infiltrated rallies and posed as one of them, only to be exposed later. Who knows, since that is generally a liberal thing.

Yep, just last week - remember the kid who swore he had signed up for Obamacare - no problemo and got a GREAT price - then it turned out that a) he never completed the application but was thinking about it and b)worked for Organizing for America the Obama group.

People like Liberal Spy thinks we all just fell off a turnip truck.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2013, 11:06:31 pm »
People like Liberal Spy thinks we all just fell off a turnip truck.

In my case, it was a milk truck (being from Wisconsin and all).
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2013, 11:07:22 pm »
I'm not gonna play with the youngster anymore.  His football is too new.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2013, 11:40:34 pm »
I'm not gonna play with the youngster anymore.  His football is too new.

It made for an amusing day, but the lad is not to be taken seriously.

Too bad for him that his new football got shredded by the truth today.

It's rough for a liberal to come face to face with the reality that everything he thinks he knows is wrong.

But it's time to move on to serious discussions with serious people.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2013, 01:58:41 am »
Exactly.  At its core, OWS are anarchists.  They are radical, angry and violent.  And it is so easy for the core to light a fuse with their useful idiot followers.  Opposition, destruction, defamation, ridicule - tools of the trade - become wielded by "peace lovers" all at the tacit and sublime bidding of their core.  They are a mob made up of group thinkers comprised heavily and largely of people who want sustenance from the Government teat.  They will maim and even kill the person peacefully holding a sign that says, "Abortion Kills, or "God is the Answer", or "Marriage: One Man, One Woman".  They are the quintessential "The ends justify the means" movement.  I would dare L_S to hold such signs at an OWS rally but I don't want that on my conscience.  And, post facto event, these people leave it to revisionist history and lies to sort it out.  Truth is a relative concept and among the first casualties of the movement. 

Examine the obverse - the Tea Party rally.  The contrast is starkly different and immediately apparent to any casual observer.  They are made up largely of societal contributors who understand that this "Grand Experiment" created something wonderful. They accept there are flaws but believe that within a magnificent, even Divine, document there are answers.  And, they understand that it is all in grave peril.  So, they step forward as individuals, not as group thinkers, but individually - with a collective voice pleading for respect and the return to those Divine principles that have guided us for so long.  To them, that is the Truth.

I was going to come back to this and add some thoughts but I will leave it alone.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:35:49 am by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck