Author Topic: OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER  (Read 22146 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2013, 04:55:10 pm »
It's easy to be against something. OWS was certainly famous for that; against corporations, banks, oil companies, biotech foods, McDonalds. Anything "big." The tea party on the other hand is for something—specifically, for the return to constitutional government. "Big" difference.

Exactly.  At its core, OWS are anarchists.  They are radical, angry and violent.  And it is so easy for the core to light a fuse with their useful idiot followers.  Opposition, destruction, defamation, ridicule - tools of the trade - become wielded by "peace lovers" all at the tacit and sublime bidding of their core.  They are a mob made up of group thinkers comprised heavily and largely of people who want sustenance from the Government teat.  They will maim and even kill the person peacefully holding a sign that says, "Abortion Kills, or "God is the Answer", or "Marriage: One Man, One Woman".  They are the quintessential "The ends justify the means" movement.  I would dare L_S to hold such signs at an OWS rally but I don't want that on my conscience.  And, post facto event, these people leave it to revisionist history and lies to sort it out.  Truth is a relative concept and among the first casualties of the movement. 

Examine the obverse - the Tea Party rally.  The contrast is starkly different and immediately apparent to any casual observer.  They are made up largely of societal contributors who understand that this "Grand Experiment" created something wonderful. They accept there are flaws but believe that within a magnificent, even Divine, document there are answers.  And, they understand that it is all in grave peril.  So, they step forward as individuals, not as group thinkers, but individually - with a collective voice pleading for respect and the return to those Divine principles that have guided us for so long.  To them, that is the Truth.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:58:14 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2013, 04:58:24 pm »
I would dare L_S to hold such signs at an OWS rally but I don't want that on my conscience. 

I dare you to hold a hammer and sickle sign at a Tea Party rally. :P

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2013, 05:02:27 pm »
Want to take that bet?
John Steinbeck

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2013, 05:04:40 pm »
Want to take that bet?

I would love to see the reaction. Would you care to answer the question I asked earlier that was not responded to by anybody?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2013, 05:11:28 pm »
You ask a lot of questions and much has been written in response.  But what about you?  What are your guiding principles?  What age group are you in?  I saw a military background comment so kudos for that.  Why are you here on this site?  Are your questions genuine or is it sporting fun?  Are you creating something from all of this?

Answer.  Or don't.  Fine either way.
John Steinbeck

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2013, 05:18:46 pm »
You ask a lot of questions and much has been written in response.  But what about you?  What are your guiding principles?  What age group are you in?  I saw a military background comment so kudos for that.  Why are you here on this site?  Are your questions genuine or is it sporting fun?  Are you creating something from all of this?

Answer.  Or don't.  Fine either way.

I think human beings, creatures capable of empathy, compassion, love, and many other emotions have a moral obligation to help those in need, those less fortunate than they are. I feel that no human life is inherently better or more important than another, and that all most people really want is to live a nice, happy life where they can raise their children in peace. I support anything that makes it easier for every day people to live comfortably and in peace. I'm on this site to study and better understand the mindset of a conglomerate of people that have a lot of opinions that are drastically different than my own. It is interesting to be inside of and see the conservative perspective. My questions are genuine; I'm interested in seeing the logic that pulls together the thought process that creates your ideology.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:19:20 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2013, 05:26:05 pm »
OWS is practically silent now that Romney has been defeated.  It was a manufactured "astroturf" movement funded by George Soros and other globalists who wanted to accomplish two things: (1) make use of the young, useful idiots who might otherwise question why they got screwed by Obama and his Wall Street buddies; and (2) make Romney unpalatable to the young.

Both objectives having been accomplished, the "movement" has all but disappeared.  One thing about millennials: having been raised on the Internet, they have become used to trusting their short attention spans to achieve instant gratification.  They are incapable of understanding anything, including politics, in depth.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2013, 05:27:52 pm »
useful idiots who might otherwise question why they got screwed by Obama and his Wall Street buddies

You believe that Wall Street is also responsible?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:28:15 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2013, 05:29:55 pm »
Want to take that bet?

He's never been to a Tea Party rally.  In DC, there were leftists with ridiculous propaganda on their signs right in front of us and they were asked to leave.

I repeat..........there has NEVER been violence at a Tea Party gathering, other than the violence perpetrated by leftist thugs against Tea Party people.

If this young man held a pro-life sign at an OWS rally, he would SEE the venom against conservatives by his cohorts.  He would EXPERIENCE the violence of his peers.

He could come to a Tea Party rally and be treated as he is here.  Politely, with corrections to his gross errors and propaganda.

Your synopsis of the difference between the two groups above is excellent, Lando.

If the young man were teachable, he would be paying attention..................but he's not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2013, 05:36:29 pm »
You believe that Wall Street is partly responsible?

Wall Street is not monolithic.  It has many factions.  Obama has his factions (Soros, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, General Electric, Blue Cross, etc), and there are quite a few other factions that either would like to be independent of government, or would like the government to be friendlier to them (big oil falls into this latter category).

OWS was funded in large part by Soros.

In order to be anti-Wall Street, you'd have to be anti-Obama.  OPapaDoc has more friends on Wall Street than any president in my lifetime, and I'm 60 years old.  But OWS?  Not a peep against Obama.  What does that say?

The only truly anti-Wall Street movement in this country has been the Tea Party.  It understands that the thing big business fears most today is a free market, unprotected by big government.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2013, 05:37:04 pm »
I think human beings, creatures capable of empathy, compassion, love, and many other emotions have a moral obligation to help those in need, those less fortunate than they are. I feel that no human life is inherently better or more important than another, and that all most people really want is to live a nice, happy life where they can raise their children in peace. I support anything that makes it easier for every day people to live comfortably and in peace. I'm on this site to study and better understand the mindset of a conglomerate of people that have a lot of opinions that are drastically different than my own. It is interesting to be inside of and see the conservative perspective. My questions are genuine; I'm interested in seeing the logic that pulls together the thought process that creates your ideology.

Blathering. 
John Steinbeck

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2013, 05:39:42 pm »
Liberal_Spy  if you really want to get into our heads to see what makes us conservatives tick, then may I suggest you spend a week or so "spying" on the Democraticunderground forum so you can get an honest comparison of free thought & discussion  from the Left and from the Right.   I think you will find we conservatives are a lot more refined, polite, thoughtful, intelligent, and hopeful for the preservation of this Nation’s ideals than you give us credit for.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2013, 05:43:03 pm »
Liberal_Spy  if you really want to get into our heads to see what makes us conservatives tick, then may I suggest you spend a week or so "spying" on the Democraticunderground forum so you can get an honest comparison of free thought & discussion  from the Left and from the Right.   I think you will find we conservatives are a lot more refined, polite, thoughtful, intelligent, and hopeful for the preservation of this Nation’s ideals than you give us credit for.

Also, go trying espousing a conservative viewpoint at DU and see how far that gets  you.  No one is threatened by free speech more than liberals.  They live in constant fear of the truth.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:43:58 pm by massadvj »

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2013, 05:43:44 pm »

I've spent a lot of time studying both, actually. This isn't the first conservative forum I have posted on. The thing that has been a shock to me is how much the left and right would actually agree on if they could put aside their differences and talk about the big problems.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2013, 05:48:31 pm »
OWS was huge, and involved many, many people. Also, for the record, I was involved. Your personal experience of going to one town meeting at one point in time and having a bad experience does not qualify you to speak for what the entire movement was about, in my opinion.

If you were involved then shame on you.  They delighted in destruction of personal property just about every single place they showed up.  You may be able to blow smoke up your brain dead friends skirts, but we followed it closely here across the nation, one member even entered the belly of the beast in NYC... and we had live real time video from Portland, OR... to Oakland to Atlanta, GA.  You're not talking to a bunch of ignorant hicks on this site.

For the record. There was a LOT of women raped and a lot if drugs involved, and a lot of violence.  You NEVER saw any if that at any Tea Party gathering.... you need to peddle that crapola among your OWS friends, not here.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:49:10 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2013, 05:50:48 pm »

If you were involved then shame on you.  They delighted in destruction of personal property just about every single place they showed up.  You may be able to blow smoke up your brain dead friends skirts, but we followed it closely here across the nation, one member even entered the belly of the beast in NYC... and we had live real time video from Portland, OR... to Oakland to Atlanta, GA.  You're not talking to a bunch of ignorant hicks on this site.

For the record. There was a LOT of women raped and a lot if drugs involved, and a lot of violence.  You NEVER saw any if that at any Tea Party gathering.... you need to peddle that crapola among your OWS friends, not here.

I quickly realized how touchy this topic was and dropped it because of where I am. I'm not here to piss anybody off or cause trouble. I think we can disagree with each other and still be civil.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2013, 05:51:11 pm »

OK...........I changed my mind.  I'm going to addres this.

If you truly believed and understood the first part of this, you'd be a conservative.

Liberal policies hurt people.  They hurt the poor most of all.  They create a dependency that is akin to slavery (this has been said before on this thread).  Since the Great Society began, poor families have been destroyed, the black family has been virtually eliminated, people have been harmed, cities have fallen into ruin, while people on your side of the debate keep arguing that it is the conservatives who don't care about the poor.

Conservatism helps people achieve.  It rewards achievement.  It provides tools for achievement.

We are not content to feed the poor.  We want to help the poor feed themselves.

As for me, as an individual, and a Christian, I take very seriously the Biblical command to take care of the poor, the widow and orphans.

But I also note that there is nothing in that about governments doing it.  Only individuals, and churches.  (I suppose that's because of how corrupt governments tend to become......especially dictatorial ones like Obama's).

What happens when the pie in the sky liberal says, "Let Government do everything," is that the government gets rich and the poor stay poor.  (btw, liberals do very little individually to help people in need, while conservatives do a great deal.  If you think government is going to take care of everyone and everything, you see no need to help others personally.  WE do).

There are generations of welfare families who are condemned to stay there because of (possibly) well intentioned people, and greedy, corrupt politicians.

Conservatives want the safety net for those who really can't help themselves.  But there are people who could work, who are healthy and able, who are sitting at home watching TV (or like the guy in CA, surfing).    The Welfare Reform that took place in the 90's (thanks to a Republican House), has been removed by Obama, and the poor are getting poorer, while his Wall Street and union buddies are getting richer.

If that's what you really want, stay liberal.

If you really want people to rise out of poverty, support conservatism.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2013, 05:52:45 pm »
There are only contrasts between the two movements and I have only disdain for OWS.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2013, 05:53:14 pm »
I quickly realized how touchy this topic was and dropped it because of where I am. I'm not here to piss anybody off or cause trouble. I think we can disagree with each other and still be civil.

It's 'touchy' because you weren't telling the truth.

Don't blame our reaction to your false accusations, and your support of something you clearly know little about (OWS) on us.

I understand that liberals don't tend to take any personal responsibility for their actions, but if you're on the fence, maybe that's a good place to start.

You didn't tell the truth about either the Tea Party, or OWS.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2013, 05:55:17 pm »
OK...........I changed my mind.  I'm going to addres this.

If you truly believed and understood the first part of this, you'd be a conservative.

Liberal policies hurt people.  They hurt the poor most of all.  They create a dependency that is akin to slavery (this has been said before on this thread).  Since the Great Society began, poor families have been destroyed, the black family has been virtually eliminated, people have been harmed, cities have fallen into ruin, while people on your side of the debate keep arguing that it is the conservatives who don't care about the poor.

Conservatism helps people achieve.  It rewards achievement.  It provides tools for achievement.

We are not content to feed the poor.  We want to help the poor feed themselves.

As for me, as an individual, and a Christian, I take very seriously the Biblical command to take care of the poor, the widow and orphans.

But I also note that there is nothing in that about governments doing it.  Only individuals, and churches.  (I suppose that's because of how corrupt governments tend to become......especially dictatorial ones like Obama's).

What happens when the pie in the sky liberal says, "Let Government do everything," is that the government gets rich and the poor stay poor.  (btw, liberals do very little individually to help people in need, while conservatives do a great deal.  If you think government is going to take care of everyone and everything, you see no need to help others personally.  WE do).

There are generations of welfare families who are condemned to stay there because of (possibly) well intentioned people, and greedy, corrupt politicians.

Conservatives want the safety net for those who really can't help themselves.  But there are people who could work, who are healthy and able, who are sitting at home watching TV (or like the guy in CA, surfing).    The Welfare Reform that took place in the 90's (thanks to a Republican House), has been removed by Obama, and the poor are getting poorer, while his Wall Street and union buddies are getting richer.

If that's what you really want, stay liberal.

If you really want people to rise out of poverty, support conservatism.

I admire and respect your conviction. I understand it must be frustrating for somebody you feel is ignorant and part of the problem to come into your territory and start talking about things you don't want to hear. We simply have a fundamental disagreement on what some of the problems are and how you fix them.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2013, 05:59:28 pm »

Also, ML, I'd like to point out that OPapaDoc's buddies like Blue Cross and Citibank aren't getting richer at the expense of rich people, but mostly at the expense of the poor schmucks who voted for the guy.

Look at black unemployment under OPapaDoc.  Way up.  But 90 percent of blacks voted for him.  Look at Millennials.  Seventy percent vote for him, and they are getting screwed BIG TIME by Obamacare.  Also, labor unions.  And as the cost of living rises, average income keeps going down.

Being a college prof, I work with Millennials on a daily basis.  I think there is a rude awakening occurring among Gen Y.  They are discovering that liberalism is what we said it was, based on an axiom that is as old as civilization: Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2013, 06:00:19 pm »
I admire and respect your conviction. I understand it must be frustrating for somebody you feel is ignorant and part of the problem to come into your territory and start talking about things you don't want to hear. We simply have a fundamental disagreement on what some of the problems are and how you fix them.

We have a fundamental disagreement.  The policies I support help people.  And the policies you support hurt them.

The way to get out of your ignorance is to read the posts of the people here (most much more well informed than I am), and try to learn from them.  You haven't said how old you are, but I'd guess that a large number of people on this forum are 3 times your age.

We've been paying attention to politics for as many as 5 or 6 decades.  We have different opinions from each other because we THINK.  (That, I believe is a fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals.  WE think.  WE evaluate.)  We know history.  We read.  We understand human nature.  And we know the difference between 'opinions' and lies.

Your opinions have been derived from limited sources that all share your left wing bias and are significantly less than honest. 

You are here now, among truth-tellers, and you have the opportunity to learn.

Use it.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2013, 06:01:01 pm »

You are a member who posts at the pleasure of fellow members.  You will not address specific questions.

Earlier, I recommended "The Road to Serfdom":  No response
Earlier, I asked about your specific military branch/outfit:  No response

Asking again, respond please.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2013, 06:01:33 pm »
Liberal versus Conservative charity from none other than the NYT...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21kristof.html?hp&_r=0

The upshot?

Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2013, 06:02:51 pm »
Also, ML, I'd like to point out that OPapaDoc's buddies like Blue Cross and Citibank aren't getting richer at the expense of rich people, but mostly at the expense of the poor schmucks who voted for the guy.

Look at black unemployment under OPapaDoc.  Way up.  But 90 percent of blacks voted for him.  Look at Millennials.  Seventy percent vote for him, and they are getting screwed BIG TIME by Obamacare.  Also, labor unions.  And as the cost of living rises, average income keeps going down.

Being a college prof, I work with Millennials on a daily basis.  I think there is a rude awakening occurring among Gen Y.  They are discovering that liberalism is what we said it was, based on an axiom that is as old as civilization: Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I'm a prof too, mass, and I think I'm seeing the same movement (though I'm in one of the few colleges in the country with a conservative political science dept!).

I think our young 'visitor' may be questioning the propaganda he's been inculcated with as well.

At least he CLAIMS that he doesn't like Obama.

Maybe he'll wake up and realize that it's liberalism that is screwing him.  Not just Obama.