Author Topic: Rand Paul: Obama's Private, Public Words at Odds  (Read 902 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul: Obama's Private, Public Words at Odds
« on: October 09, 2013, 12:37:57 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=530002

Newsmax
Rand Paul: Obama's Private, Public Words at Odds
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 08:53 PM

By: Greg Richter

Republican Sen. Rand Paul says President Barack Obama tells him one thing in private, then slams Republicans in public.

"When I talk to the president one-on-one . . . I've said, why don't we gradually raise the age of eligibility for Social Security and Medicare, and he looks at me and says, that's not an unreasonable proposition — in private," Paul said Tuesday on Fox News Channel's "On the Record."

"But then, in public, we get all of this, oh, I'm not fixing anything if you're holding a gun to my head," he told host Greta Van Susteren. "Well, no, we're just trying to fix things because we want the same thing he does; we want the country to thrive, and we want to fix these entitlement programs."

Paul said Republicans and Democrats should get together and pass things they agree on —  which usually happens only about 20 percent of the time. Instead, he said, both sides always push for a "grand bargain" full of all kinds of issues.

It never works, he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34