Author Topic: Americans Getting Through Obamacare Website Are Howling Over Premiums That Are Double The Private Market  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/10/americans-getting-through-obamacare-website-are-howling-over-premiums-that-are-double-the-private-market/

Americans Getting Through Obamacare Website Are Howling Over Premiums That Are Double The Private Market
Posted by Rachel Pulaski on Friday, October 4, 2013, 9:56 PM

Obamacare

Some Americans who have actually been lucky enough to access the Obamacare website are now seeing the grass is not greener on the Obamacare side. It took one man 36 hours and 21 attempts to access the website and purchase a plan. The Obamacare Facebook page is filled with complaints about the high cost of insurance premiums. Some people shopping for new insurance coverage discovered that the plans Obamacare offers cost almost twice as much and covers less than the plan they currently have.

Breitbart.com reported:

“I am so disappointed,” wrote one woman. “These prices are outrageous and there are huge deductibles. No one can afford this!” The comment received 169 “likes.”

“There is NO WAY I can afford it,” said one commenter after using the Kaiser Subsidy Calculator. “Heck right now I couldn’t afford an extra 10$ [sic] a month…and oh apparently I make to [sic] much at 8.55/hour to get subsidies.”

Another person shared a link found on the federal government’s main Obamacare page listing premium estimates for small business employers:

The information is not very complete as I don’t see anything about deductible or other detailed info, but it does given an actual price as to the “Premium.” It is VERY SCARY!! For example, my insurance plan right now for my spouse and I costs $545 a month with 100% coverage after my $2500 deductible. We are both 32 years old. When I looked at this site for 80% coverage it says it will be $954.78 a month!!!! So compare my old Plan: 100% coverage for $545 a month To New Plan: 80% Coverage for $945 a month. This is only only an estimate but it is VERY Scary for me to see this kind of increase in rates and reduction in benefits!
    A single mother of two said she is in school and working full-time while living “75% below the poverty level.” She said she was shocked to learn she did not qualify for a healthcare subsidy. “Are you F’ing kidding me????” she wrote on the government’s Obamacare Facebook page. “Where the HELL am I supposed to get $3,000 more a year to pay for this ‘bronze’ health insurance plan!?!??? And I DO NOT EVEN WANT INSURANCE to begin with!! This is frightening,” she wrote.

Washington Times has more on the Un-Affordable Care Act

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As I said on another thread " If Obozo and the dimocrats had half a brain between them they would have jumped at the republican offer to fund the government for a years delay in the individual mandate! This roll out is killing them everywhere!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

As I said on another thread " If Obozo and the dimocrats had half a brain between them they would have jumped at the republican offer to fund the government for a years delay in the individual mandate! This roll out is killing them everywhere!"

No one ever accused them of being forward thinking when they are trying to make us like something we hate.. it's like Moosies eating program for kids in school.. no matter how she tries to shove it down their throats they hate it more.

I actually think in some perverse manner this is helping people like Cruz and Lee in their ongoing battle.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

it's like Moosies eating program for kids in school.. no matter how she tries to shove it down their throats they hate it more.

That is typical of all Liberal programs. It's not whether they are any good or not, nor whether they work, but that behind them is Liberal "good intentions."

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline mountaineer

How stupid (or naive) are these folks to have expected anything different?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org