Author Topic: MAJOR HOLLYWOOD ACTOR SALUTES VETERANS WHO STORMED WORLD WAR II MEMORIAL  (Read 1596 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/03/major-hollywood-actor-salutes-veterans-who-stormed-world-war-ii-memorial/

MAJOR HOLLYWOOD ACTOR SALUTES VETERANS WHO STORMED WORLD WAR II MEMORIAL
Oct. 3, 2013 6:13pm Erica Ritz

Hollywood actor, producer, writer, and director Tom Hanks was asked at the premiere of “Captain Phillips” on Wednesday what thinks about the “government shutdown.”

An outspoken supporter of President Obama in the past, the actor responded: “I don’t have any take on it. I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t understand. It seems to me that people are elected to do just the opposite, but here we are…”

At that point, the reporter asked Hanks what he thought about the World War II memorial being shut down.  Hanks — who helped raise the funds needed to complete the memorial — seemed unaware that the veterans had been forbidden to enter.

When he heard they broke through the blockades, Hanks said: “Good for the veterans. Good.  Go see it. They – we should all have access to them all the time…How did they — did they assault it with helicopters? Landing craft? Bust through in a jeep?  How did they do it, exactly?”

The reporter said: “I think they actually had some help from congressmen.”

“Good,” Hanks said.  “…We should all have access to our national monuments and parks. It’s as simple as that.”

Watch the video, below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dceRv2wSI
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: MAJOR HOLLYWOOD ACTOR SALUTES VETERANS WHO STORMED WORLD WAR II MEMORIAL
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:00:36 pm »
Wake up, Hollywood. Obama is just not that into you (except your pocketbooks).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »
I don't particularly believe he is being honest.  He's too liberal to be honest.  The man would have to be on location in the jungles of Borneo not to be aware of the Vets situation so I think all he is doing is distancing himself so people will continue to see his movies. :bs:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:44:23 pm »
I am going to be fair to him. If he is working on a new project - which he is. according to gossip - it is a 20 hour a day job to get a movie off the ground. There is simply no time to follow the news.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:48:20 pm »
Isn't his wife a editor at the Huffington Post?

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:51:00 pm »
He has a new movie coming out.  Personally, I think he's doing it to curry favor with the folks to boost his box office.  Hanks is not exactly someone with integrity.  He's had his nose shoved so far up Obama's backside in recent years, I don't believe anything the man says.

This is from yesterday:
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/326397-tom-hanks-wants-third-term-for-obama
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:52:31 pm by Lipstick on a Hillary »

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:57:09 pm »
He has a new movie coming out.  Personally, I think he's doing it to curry favor with the folks to boost his box office.  Hanks is not exactly someone with integrity.  He's had his nose shoved so far up Obama's backside in recent years, I don't believe anything the man says.

This is from yesterday:
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/326397-tom-hanks-wants-third-term-for-obama
I am sure that is why he is saying this now. New film. It is the only time they go conservative a bit.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 11:02:52 pm »
Hanks may be a uber-lib, but he does have a lot of respect for veterans.  I think Saving Private Ryan gave him a respect for the armed forces he didn't have.

Remember, he was behind Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and the upcoming third installment, "Masters of the Air" (working title) which will be about the strategic bombing campaign against Germany and focus on the 8th Air Force.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 11:29:56 pm »
My guess is that he genuinely doesn't like keeping the vets out of the memorial, but will refuse to blame buddy Obama for the fact that it's happening.

Obamazombies can't think straight, and I'm very afraid Hanks is in that category.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 11:31:24 pm »
My guess is that he genuinely doesn't like keeping the vets out of the memorial, but will refuse to blame buddy Obama for the fact that it's happening.

Obamazombies can't think straight, and I'm very afraid Hanks is in that category.

They cannot criticize him.  They are too invested in Obama to turn on him now.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 12:14:59 am »
They cannot criticize him.  They are too invested in Obama to turn on him now.

That's entirely possible.

Another factor may be Ed Asner's observation that they won't criticize him because they're afraid of being called a racist.

I'm sure Hanks really doesn't want that.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 12:18:13 am »
I don't particularly believe he is being honest.  He's too liberal to be honest.  The man would have to be on location in the jungles of Borneo not to be aware of the Vets situation so I think all he is doing is distancing himself so people will continue to see his movies. :bs:
This is something Tom Hanks has worked on for a long time, long before Obama. I remember him doing the TV commercials pushing for the WWII memorial to be built, so in this case, I am certain that he is being genuine.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

famousdayandyear

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 12:33:09 am »
"Major Obama Donor"  Caught In Embarrassing Dilemma

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 01:33:25 am »
I don’t have any take on it. I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t understand....

The few honest words that have come out of Hollywood.