Author Topic: Houston Teen Opens Fire, Killing Intruder in Apparent Home Invasion  (Read 772 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating a deadly home invasion in Fort Bend County. Officials say two men broke in to find a teenager at home, but he was not defenseless.

This is a case where crime occurred at a law enforcement officer's home. Fort Bend County Sheriff's deputies tell us this is the home of a Houston police officer.

That officer's 18-year-old son was home alone when he heard a noise. There were two men at the front door, but he didn't answer. They then went around to the back of the house. That's when he called his dad.

"He called me and told me about it," said homeowner Ken Patmon. "Not long after that two unknown suspects entered our home without permission. My son, trying to defend his home and himself, he discharged my firearm, striking one of the suspects."

That suspect died inside the home. The second suspect fled the scene. Deputies believe he took off in a dark blue Nissan Sentra. Anyone with information is asked to call Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS.

Patmon has been a Houston police officer for about 12 years. He works in the field training department. When asked if his son has considered going into law enforcement, he told us the teen is actually set to go into the US Air Force.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9274876
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton