Author Topic: CAPITOL UPDATE: Harry Reid Says No Deal To Any Deal – Wants Shutdown (R.I.)  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/09/30/capitol-update-harry-reid-says-no-deal-to-any-deal-wants-shutdown-r-i/

CAPITOL UPDATE: Harry Reid Says No Deal To Any Deal – Wants Shutdown (R.I.)

by Ulsterman on September 30, 2013

After the kind of pestering that borders on outright rudeness, I finally received an update from RI today.  It’s brief, but interesting…

“Harry Reid Says No Deal To Any Deal”

House offered compromise today.  Reid shut it down.  He wants no compromise.  He wants a shut down.  White House has invested so much in the shut down scenario that at this point, I don’t see it being avoided.  This time yesterday I thought there would still be a deal struck between both houses.  Today, Reid’s office is literally saying no deal to any deal.  I’ve asked around and even the long timers haven’t see this kind of refusal to negotiate.  Reid won’t even take out the medical device tax, which a majority of his own party wanted!  He said something like “Nothing in Obamacare will be changed.” That’s pretty funny, considering the president has changed it multiple times already, and Harry Reid changed it so that he could exempt himself and his staff from it.  Won’t be hearing that from the media reports though.

Of course, media will spin this as the “Tea Party Republicans” fault, which has been the motivation all along.  The rumor going around is that the Democrats want a 48 hour shutdown and then some kind of agreement that will come out of Republicans breaking ranks.  Some of those Republicans are already getting nervous and if there is capitulation, it will be their fault.  Speaker Boehner is being challenged already, and if that happens, he will, and should, be gone.  He has been awful on this, and allowed Republicans to be painted into a corner.  Everyone saw it coming, except him apparently.  Or, he truly has no fight to go at Obamacare.  Told he believes Obamacare will fail on its own so there is no need for us to lose political points before that happens.  I don’t agree.  It could be the worst bill in the history of the republic, but once its in, it’s there to stay.

You might think I would be more depressed over the situation, but I’m not.  I’ve never seen conservatives more united up here than they are right now.  Notice I’m not saying Republicans, I’m saying conservatives.  Big difference.  This process is washing out the weak from the party.  That is a good thing, and a necessary thing.  Speaker Boehner, as I warned about months ago, must go, and if Congressman Cantor cannot realize what the country needs at this time, which is a truly conservative Republican Party that has a clear and powerful message to the American people, then Congressman Cantor will not be allowed the speakership either.

The media is out to destroy the Tea Party Republicans, and that is fine by me, because that means we are truly the power of the party right now going into the Midterm Elections.  We have the support of the American conservatives, and that will make us the single most powerful political force in the country very soon.  A whole lot of people will call that wishful thinking, but I know better.  It’s the truth.  We are now really coming into our own up here, and I believe by 2016, the White House will be ordering up lots of tea as well.

R.I.

This isn’t the first time I haven’t shared R.I’s optimism.  I pray he’s right, but am preparing for the worst.

Pray and prepare – not a bad idea these days…   -UM
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Ulstermann.......the turtle on the fence post.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Ulstermann.......the turtle on the fence post.

So very constructive.

Offline Cincinnatus

He [Reid] wants a shut down
And so does Obama and that's the bottom line on it all.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

And so does Obama and that's the bottom line on it all.

Which is why the "expected" attack on Ulsterman is so gratuitous.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776