Author Topic: WashPost: Obamacare Fight Reenergizes Tea Party by KEITH KOFFLER  (Read 1084 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/09/28/washpost-obamacare-fight-reenergizes-tea-party/

WashPost: Obamacare Fight Reenergizes Tea Party
by KEITH KOFFLER on SEPTEMBER 28, 2013, 12:04 PM

See? This is what I’m talking about. The Washington Post is reporting today – aghast, I’m sure – that the battle to link defunding Obamacare to approval of new spending is stirring up the Tea Party.

The clash in Congress over efforts to derail President Obama’s health-care law has lit up tea party groups across the country, reenergizing activists who had drifted away from the movement while intensifying the divisions tearing at the Republican Party.

The standoff, which threatens to plunge the federal government into a financial crisis, has served as a rallying cry for a cadre of conservatives, who are bombarding lawmakers with phone calls, e-mails and social media messages backing a last-ditch effort to hobble the health-care law.

“I’ve not seen this level of intensity since we fought to keep Obama­care from passing,” said JoAnn Fleming, executive director of Grassroots America, a group of conservative activists based in Tyler, Tex. “I’m getting calls from people who are not in our network, saying, ‘Can we do something?’ It’s a full-time job just trying to get rid of all my e-mails.”

It’s amazing. Journalists are now so focused on horse races that everyone in Washington is calling this a “useless” exercise and a flawed strategy that won’t result in the repeal or delay of Obamacare.

But the point is not so much whether conservatives win or lose. As I wrote a couple of days ago, the point is to energize Obamacare opponents, to make sure the public knows Republicans aren’t lying down and playing dead while merely trying to change the law around the margins.

Voters after this is over will know that the GOP stands for ending Obamacare. And as the law makes life a nightmare, the public will understand the GOP is serious about providing some needed hope and change.

All the Washington blowhards want to sit on their asses and talk about elections, and we’ll work to change this, and then they’re off to their kids’ soccer games on the weekend and dinner reservations at 8. Meanwhile, Ted Cruz and his allies in the House are in the trenches stirring a rebellion.

They’re just not going to do business as usual. Because business as usual is an utter disaster.

A quarter of Americans consider themselves to be Tea Party supporters, according to a new New York Times poll. Not a quarter of Republicans. A quarter of Americans. These are the people who are going to being headed door to door in 2014 and 2016.

Republicans have nominated moderates in the last two presidential elections and lost. Jimmy Carter and his aides were gleeful in 1980 when Ronald Reagan was nominated, because everyone knew he was too conservative. How did that work out for them?

Obama ran as a Leftist – something Washington strategists would have told you a couple of years ago is the dumbest thing he could do – and won reelection.

Americans respect ideology and principle. They crave sincerity and ideas from their leaders. And that’s what conservatives are giving them in this fight.

With all due respect, because I like him, Charles Krauthammer isn’t going to bring people to the polls. Neither is John Boehner. But Ted Cruz will.

From the article:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: WashPost: Obamacare Fight Reenergizes Tea Party by KEITH KOFFLER
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 12:05:41 am »
Did Newt Gingrich bring people to the polls in 1996? 

Ronald Reagan unified the Republican Party in 1980.  Ted Cruz is trying to tear it apart, and doing a damned good job of it.

I'm sure his end game is his name as the GOP nominee in 2016.  The vast majority of Republicans, having seen Cruz and Rand Paul in action, will consider Paul the more statesman-like of the two.  And he has been.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 12:22:14 am »
Blah, blah, blah, blah...  broken record.  You are so desperate to see this bill become law it boggles the mind...maybe if the Tea Party was against it you would be for it, but I doubt it.  I think you have reasons you are unwilling to share on why you are desperate to see it go into affect.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 12:30:09 am »
Blah, blah, blah, blah...  broken record.  You are so desperate to see this bill become law it boggles the mind...maybe if the Tea Party was against it you would be for it, but I doubt it.  I think you have reasons you are unwilling to share on why you are desperate to see it go into affect.

The one thing this House bill does is force Cruz away from his idiotic defunding idea.  That was never going to happen.

This could happen, but is still a long shot.

I have no desire to see Obamacare go into effect, Rap.  I've said this over and over but you've got your fingers in your ears.  The best that can be hoped for is to delay it  Of course, that means the GOP can't run on the effects of Obamacare, long lines at doctor's offices or ridiculous premiums, because all of that is delayed until next year at this time.

But delay is better than defund, as it might draw the support Pryor, Landrieu, Manchin, and some other Democrats in the Senate.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.