Author Topic: Cruz: GOP 'scared' over shutdown  (Read 1281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz: GOP 'scared' over shutdown
« on: September 27, 2013, 02:10:43 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=C9F55837-3BCD-47A5-886C-3D23A8969E13

Ted Cruz: GOP ‘scared’ over shutdown
By: Lucy McCalmont
September 27, 2013 06:58 AM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz hit Republican colleagues Thursday that said they will vote for cloture on Friday saying “they’re scared.”

“A lot of Republicans, they have been here a long time, and they are beaten down and they’re scared that if we stand together on this, and if a government shutdown results, that Republicans will be blamed and it is too politically risky. I just think we need to stand for principle and actually stand together,” Cruz (R-Texas) said on Fox New’s “Hannity.”

In his first television interview since his 21-hour long Senate floor speech, Cruz added that some Republicans are “telling their constituents” that a vote for cloture is a vote against Obamacare, but Cruz pushed back saying “it just isn’t.”

“Some of those Republicans are telling their constituents they are going to vote for cloture. They are going to vote for giving Harry Reid the power to fund Obamacare, but they are trying to convince constituents that that’s a vote against Obamacare. And it just isn’t, and if it were, Harry Reid and every Democrat in the Senate wouldn’t be voting the same way,” Cruz said.

Cruz also continued his attack on President Obama and exemptions for congressional staffers and lawmakers, likening it again to putting American people in “baggage compartment,” a line he used during his speech.

“I don’t think this should be about the politically powerful getting exemptions, getting special treatment. Congress having, as Dick Durbin put it, a ‘first class health care’ and the American people in getting stuck back in coach or actually it’s more like the baggage compartment,” Cruz said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Cruz: GOP 'scared' over shutdown
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:21:02 pm »
Scared is a lifestyle for establishment republicans!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien