Author Topic: West: I'd Seek Rubio's Senate Seat If He Runs for President  (Read 1348 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
West: I'd Seek Rubio's Senate Seat If He Runs for President
« on: September 27, 2013, 12:54:10 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=527944

Newsmax
West: I'd Seek Rubio's Senate Seat If He Runs for President
Thursday, September 26, 2013 05:51 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Former Florida Rep. Allen West said "of course" he would run for the U.S. Senate if Sen. Marco Rubio sought the White House in 2016.

"If that became an open seat, of course I would run," West told The Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday. "I have a good statewide appeal and a lot of people would like me to get back on Capitol Hill.

"I’m not looking to create disruption within our party," he said. "I don't think it's a viable option, right now."

Rubio, considered a possible GOP presidential contender, is among the bipartisan Gang of Eight senators who proposed a comprehensive immigration reform bill in April.

The bill was passed 68-32 by the Senate in June, sending it to the House of Representatives for consideration.

West, who served one term in Congress before he was defeated in November by Democrat Patrick Murphy, attacked the reform bill as amnesty in a June radio interview, the Times reports.

He said then that he would consider seeking Rubio's seat if "I see people that are not taking our country down the right path, if I see people that are not standing up for the right type of principles and putting their own party politics before what is best for the United States of America."

However, he reiterated to the Times on Wednesday: “I’m not saying what I will do or what I won’t do. But I’m not looking to be disruptive.

"I’m about the American team. I’m about doing whatever I can to help the Republican Party," West added. "But I’m going to stick to my principles."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34