Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi banned from Catholic communion  (Read 7518 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Nancy Pelosi banned from Catholic communion
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 05:38:33 pm »
If protecting the abortionist's right to murder the unborn and to profit from it isn't serious enough to deny the Eucharist... what is?

That is the very point Sinkspur refuses to address preferring instead to call people "archconservative" and ridiculing how they are dressed in some picture as if that were relevant.

It isn't.

Apparently, all of the concern is for Pelosi's individual conscience and none for the individual conscience of the priest.

I suppose that the concept of "...hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron" isn't considered applicable in Pelosi's case.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

famousdayandyear

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 05:40:29 pm »
The Cardinal's pronouncement is his interpretation of Canon 915.  His interpretation has NO EFFECT on any other bishop or any other person, really. 

You didn't find that picture funny?  I thought it was hilarious.  Ecclesiastics haven't dressed like that in 60 years.

When I was active at FR, I refused to tolerate Catholic bashing of any form.  I will not tolerate your bashing of the Cardinal, especially the traditions of my church.  You are a fraud, a troll, a sock puppet pretending to be something in order to fling your vitriol around at will.

Give Ace of Spades a go with your personal attacks; they'll love your brand of disruption and either ignore you completely, or ban your ass.  Or go back to FR, they love their Catholic bashers over there. 

You are taking a perfectly decent forum and turning it into your personal porta-potty.
Because people here are decent enough to put up with tweener antics--I am not.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 06:08:14 pm »
If protecting the abortionist's right to murder the unborn and to profit from it isn't serious enough to deny the Eucharist... what is?

It is up to the discretion of each bishop how to enforce Canon Law.  As of now, neither Pelosi's Archbishop in San Francisco, nor the Archbishop of Washington, DC, have determined that she is to be denied the Eucharist.

Take it up with them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 06:10:38 pm »
Take it up with them.

Prior to doing so must we check how they are dressed?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2013, 06:12:17 pm »
When I was active at FR, I refused to tolerate Catholic bashing of any form.  I will not tolerate your bashing of the Cardinal, especially the traditions of my church.  You are a fraud, a troll, a sock puppet pretending to be something in order to fling your vitriol around at will.

Give Ace of Spades a go with your personal attacks; they'll love your brand of disruption and either ignore you completely, or ban your ass.  Or go back to FR, they love their Catholic bashers over there. 

You are taking a perfectly decent forum and turning it into your personal porta-potty.
Because people here are decent enough to put up with tweener antics--I am not.

I'm a Catholic.  And I'm not "bashing" anybody. 

Perhaps Cardinal Burke should take his sartorial hints from the new Pope, who dresses down as much as he possibly can.

All I'm doing is correcting the misimpression that one bishop can tell another bishop how to deal with matters of discretion in his diocese.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not leaving.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 06:13:20 pm »
Take it up with them.

Prior to doing so must we check how they are dressed?

You'll never catch either one of them in a galero.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 06:29:42 pm »
I'm a Catholic.  And I'm not "bashing" anybody. 

Perhaps Cardinal Burke should take his sartorial hints from the new Pope, who dresses down as much as he possibly can.

All I'm doing is correcting the misimpression that one bishop can tell another bishop how to deal with matters of discretion in his diocese.

You are Catholic you tell us; try behaving like one.  Your focus on traditional dress which you find "hilarious" is telling.  You are a fraud of the very worse kind.  Yes of course you will stay.  You are safe here, because there's no one on this forum to challenge your lies and distractions from the real evil of Islam.  You can browbeat and denigrate to your heart's content.  Calling another Catholic a drunk in this forum stood unchallenged -- so apparently you have a free run to issue personal attacks at will.  Have at it, troll.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 06:33:24 pm »

Pity.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 06:38:04 pm »
You are Catholic you tell us; try behaving like one.  Your focus on traditional dress which you find "hilarious" is telling.  You are a fraud of the very worse kind.  Yes of course you will stay.  You are safe here, because there's no one on this forum to challenge your lies and distractions from the real evil of Islam.  You can browbeat and denigrate to your heart's content.  Calling another Catholic a drunk in this forum stood unchallenged -- so apparently you have a free run to issue personal attacks at will.  Have at it, troll.

I'm no fan of Islam either.

I apologize if I offended you, but I called no one a "drunk."  It's common knowledge that lots of people drink when posting on the internet.  Sometimes, one can tell.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 06:54:30 pm »
I'm no fan of Islam either.

I apologize if I offended you, but I called no one a "drunk."  It's common knowledge that lots of people drink when posting on the internet.  Sometimes, one can tell.

You know nothing about Islam as well as the Catholic virtues; your apologize is not accepted, because nothing about you is sincere.  You also know nothing about forgiveness, it's not in your working vocabulary.  Stick to running down conservatives; apparently it's what you do "best".  Stay away from my Church.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 07:07:53 pm »
You know nothing about Islam as well as the Catholic virtues; your apologize is not accepted, because nothing about you is sincere.  You also know nothing about forgiveness, it's not in your working vocabulary.  Stick to running down conservatives; apparently it's what you do "best".  Stay away from my Church.

I know plenty about Islam and about Catholicism as well.  I will comment on Catholic issues as they come up.

I will leave it to others to decide who's the Christian on this post and who is not.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 07:10:20 pm »
I will leave it to others to decide who's the Christian on this post and who is not.

Wrong again. The issue is who is anti-Catholic and who is not. The answer to that is obvious.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 07:20:49 pm »
It is up to the discretion of each bishop how to enforce Canon Law.  As of now, neither Pelosi's Archbishop in San Francisco, nor the Archbishop of Washington, DC, have determined that she is to be denied the Eucharist.

Take it up with them.

As a self-proclaimed Catholic, are you saying that if the bishop doesn't deny the Eucharist that it's OK to protect the abortionist's right to murder the unborn and to profit from it?

Is that how you think that Catholicism works?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2013, 07:37:33 pm »

Wrong again. The issue is who is anti-Catholic and who is not. The answer to that is obvious.

So because I think Cardinal Burke dresses like an old lady, I'm anti-Catholic?  What a hoot!!!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2013, 07:42:32 pm »
As a self-proclaimed Catholic, are you saying that if the bishop doesn't deny the Eucharist that it's OK to protect the abortionist's right to murder the unborn and to profit from it?

Is that how you think that Catholicism works?

Nancy Pelosi knows what Catholic teaching is.  She chooses to ignore it; it's on her conscience.

No matter what bishops do or don't do, Catholics must condemn abortion from the moment of conception forward.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2013, 08:02:34 pm »
Nancy Pelosi knows what Catholic teaching is.  She chooses to ignore it; it's on her conscience.

No matter what bishops do or don't do, Catholics must condemn abortion from the moment of conception forward.

So now you know Nancy Pelosi's mind?  Are you saying that a 'believer' can do anything they want and that the only appropriate discipline is whether it impinges on their conscience or not?  What about hypocritical liars whose conscience's have been seared as with a hot iron?  Are they in no danger of church discipline in an anything-goes scenario in your mind?

And apparently, it is still your position that denying the Eucharist is more serious than supporting the abortionist's right to murder the unborn and to profit from it? 

If a 'believer' can support murderers without suffering the consequences of church discipline, how is that distinguishable from just plain-old anything-goes unbelief? 

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2013, 09:07:54 pm »
Corrected: So because I think Cardinal Burke dresses like an old lady, I'm anti-Catholic?  What a !hootred herring!!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2013, 09:22:53 pm »
So now you know Nancy Pelosi's mind?  Are you saying that a 'believer' can do anything they want and that the only appropriate discipline is whether it impinges on their conscience or not?  What about hypocritical liars whose conscience's have been seared as with a hot iron?  Are they in no danger of church discipline in an anything-goes scenario in your mind?

And apparently, it is still your position that denying the Eucharist is more serious than supporting the abortionist's right to murder the unborn and to profit from it? 

If a 'believer' can support murderers without suffering the consequences of church discipline, how is that distinguishable from just plain-old anything-goes unbelief?

The Catholic Church does not impose public discipline except in extraordinary circumstances.  Excommunication and interdict are rarely imposed as a punishment, although anyone who procures or assists in procuring an abortion is excommunicated latae sententiae (by that very act).  Said excommunication can be lifted by any priest in Reconciliation.

I'm in no position to to impose any sort of Church discipline on anybody.

If you want hellfire to rain down on Pelosi, contact her Archbishop, Salvatore Cordileone, in San Francisco.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2013, 01:53:58 am »
The Catholic Church does not impose public discipline except in extraordinary circumstances.  Excommunication and interdict are rarely imposed as a punishment, although anyone who procures or assists in procuring an abortion is excommunicated latae sententiae (by that very act).  Said excommunication can be lifted by any priest in Reconciliation.

Well no wonder Pelosi et all act like they do...

I'm in no position to to impose any sort of Church discipline on anybody.

LOL.  I don't think anyone thought that you did... but thanks for clearing that up.

If you want hellfire to rain down on Pelosi, contact her Archbishop, Salvatore Cordileone, in San Francisco.

Well that's an interesting projection on your part...