Author Topic: Dan Pfeiffer: W.H. not ‘negotiating with people with a bomb strapped to their chest’  (Read 1733 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/politico44/?hp=bh

Dan Pfeiffer: W.H. not ‘negotiating with people with a bomb strapped to their chest’
By JONATHAN ALLEN |
9/26/13 4:31 PM EDT

White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer likened House Republicans to suicide bombers, kidnappers and arsonists in a single interview on Thursday.

"What we're not for is negotiating with people with a bomb strapped to their chest," Pfeiffer told CNN's Jake Tapper in laying out the president's refusal to compromise with the GOP to win an increase in the nation's debt limit. "We're not going to do that."

The White House position, increasingly fortified with high voltage rhetoric, has been that Republicans should agree to a hike without any strings attached. If the cap isn't lifted by Oct. 17, according to the Treasury Department, the nation will default on its debt.

Pfeiffer also offered up analogies comparing Republicans to kidnappers and arsonists.

He referred to a list of Republican add-ons to a debt-limit bill as "ransom demands," and said "it's not a negotiation if I show up at your house and say give me everything inside or I'm going to burn it down."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

Translation: "No Federal spending program will ever be reduced on this President's watch. And if you insist on trying, we''ll accuse you being terrorists, force the government to shut down, and then blame it all on you - a narrative that our captive news media will repeat endlessly while denying you the opportunity to tell your side of the story. We'll destroy you, and your own leaders won't defend you, because they love their jobs and their power. So shut up."

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cincinnatus

This is only a 34 second clip with Pfeiffer alone talking. So I have to ask myself: did the guy doing the interview challenge Pfeiffer on his characterization of Republicans as arsonists and suicide bombers, or did he just sit there like a dutiful, brain dead member of the MSM and pretend this was some sort of serious commentary? Anyone know?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online andy58-in-nh

This is only a 34 second clip with Pfeiffer alone talking. So I have to ask myself: did the guy doing the interview challenge Pfeiffer on his characterization of Republicans as arsonists and suicide bombers, or did he just sit there like a dutiful, brain dead member of the MSM and pretend this was some sort of serious commentary? Anyone know?

It's CNN. The Al-Obama Network.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Hey Dan....you're projecting!

"The election's over.  I won.  You Lost, John."...Barack Hussein Obama January 2009
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald