Author Topic: Tom Coburn to MSNBC: ‘I’m No Longer a Conservative’ According to Ted Cruz  (Read 18628 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't care about the percentage assigned to Coburn to rate his Conservative pedigree.

He's a disgrace.  He chose his own personal welfare over the welfare of his constituency.  PERIOD!

He's a complete failure as an effective leader and/or spokeman of an opposition party.

As Cruz said the other day...if you attended one of the many lunches and meetings of the Republican Party, you come away needing therapy. 

They have no plan....no strategy except to wait until they're fortunate to win the majority so THEY can sign the checks.

As another poster suggested.....get rid of ALL these pantywaists and find somebody who has a set.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:!

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

LOL!! Fox and Friends is in serious trouble now that they hired that airhead Elizabeth Hasselbeck.  The ONLY reason to watch that morning show any longer is Brian Kilmeade, who could be the funniest man on television.

Sheesh, Sink we all know you cannot stand smart conservative women, but sometimes it really pays to let your fingers do the walking so you don't put your foot in your mouth:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/23/cnns-new-day-hits-low-on-friday-fox-and-friends-up-during-elisabeth-hasselbecks-first-full-week/204377/

On Friday September 20, CNN’s New Day hit a new low in adults 25-54 during the 6-7AM hour, delivering just 50,000 viewers in the demographic.

Meanwhile, during Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s first full week on FOX & Friends, viewership was up across the board.  Compared to 3Q, the show posted a 20% increase in total viewers and an 18% increase in adults 25-54.

Wednesday September 25, 2013 Ratings

Net    Morning programs (6-9 AM)    P2+ (000s)    25-54 (000s)    35-64 (000s)
FOXN    FOX AND FRIENDS    1170    254    563

MSNBC    Morning Joe    456    162    278

Tuesday September 24, 2013 Ratings

he weekend's cable news ratings.
[Read-More]
new day cnn

September 23rd, 2013 at 3:46 pm
CNN's 'New Day' Hits Low on Friday + 'FOX and Friends' Up During Elisabeth Hasselbeck's First Full WeekMorning programs (6-9 AM)    P2+ (000s)    25-54 (000s)    35-64 (000s)
FOXN    FOX AND FRIENDS     1,213     287     565

MSNBC    Morning Joe     485     150     28

Monday September 23, 2013 Ratings

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

She's new. Everybody likes eye candy.

I prefer Gretchen Carlson. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

Figures, she is a liberal.

Fact remains you said the ratings were tanking because of Hasselbeck and in fact they are up 20%.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Agreed.

And when is the 'Period of Mourning' going to be finished so that she can start showing some cleavage?    :smokin:

and you're right.  Hasselbeck can't carry Carlson's jock.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:13:29 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Figures, she is a liberal.

Fact remains you said the ratings were tanking because of Hasselbeck and in fact they are up 20%.

Gretchen Carlson's a liberal?  ROFLMAO!!

Do you even think before you post nonsense like that?

People are tuning in to see the new girl.  She's not distinguished herself, especially her inane grovelling over the Duck Dynasty riff raff. 

I watch it for Brian Kilmeade and Steve Doocy.  Neither Carlson nor Hasselbeck add much to the discussions.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
“I’m getting all sorts of e-mails from people that supported me, because they have been misled about what’s possible.” Coburn said. “Do people not think if I could change ObamaCare, I’d do it in a minute? It’s a disappointment that we have put a short term goal with lousy tactics ahead of being honest with the American people.”

Isn't this really the crux of the problem in DC. Just accepting the way things are because they are that way. The liberals don't do this. They fight for their values and positions even if it seems impossible. Our side just lets them do it and accepts it being 'the way things are'. This is why Cruz is such a threat to them. He isn't accepting things being given. He is attacking the problem and calling out those who don't .

Maybe if more people like Coburn join Cruz instead of fighting him, more things would be possible.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Have we become so jaded that a Republican who breaks bread with a Democrat is now the equivalent of the Taliban?
Or goes on the wrong cable network.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Isn't this really the crux of the problem in DC. Just accepting the way things are because they are that way. The liberals don't do this. They fight for their values and positions even if it seems impossible. Our side just lets them do it and accepts it being 'the way things are'. This is why Cruz is such a threat to them. He isn't accepting things being given. He is attacking the problem and calling out those who don't .

Maybe if more people like Coburn join Cruz instead of fighting him, more things would be possible.

Ya think???

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

Ya think???

I know, one of those GFO (Genus for the Obvious) statements for us.... but I don't even think Coburn thought for a second what he just admitted to.  I remember when Coburn was new in the mid 90s and had the fire in his belly like Cruz has. He has become like most others there, just accepting the status quo with a defeatist attitude.

Offline sinkspur

It never enters your mind that maybe, just maybe, Cruz is tilting at windmills and may be doing great harm to the overall cause of conservatism. 

Ted Cruz is right.  To hell with the majority of other GOP Senators who've been in the trenches YEARS compared to his nine months.

This is about tactics, not principle.  Every Republican wants to repeal Obamacare.  They just disagree about how to go about it.

For the unappeaseables, however, those who know what Cruz knows--that he's going to fail--are anathema.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Have we become so jaded that a Republican who breaks bread with a Democrat is now the equivalent of the Taliban?

Tsk.  Such hyperbole.  Since you're demanding links, maybe you could find a statement on here remotely saying such a thing? 

If you're too busy, maybe your Mini Me--truth_seeker--can handle that grunt work for you.

I can't believe this place.  Now, Tom Coburn is persona non grata, all because of the antics of Ted Cruz, who's been in the Senate all of 15 minutes.

Ted Cruz's antics didn't force Tom Coburn to go whine on MSNBC.  You're still a modicum of a conservative, aren't you?  Or did you learn the blame game on Morning Joe?

Offline sinkspur

Tsk.  Such hyperbole.  Since you're demanding links, maybe you could find a statement on here remotely saying such a thing? 

If you're too busy, maybe your Mini Me--truth_seeker--can handle that grunt work for you.

Tom Coburn's a RINO.  That's the equivalent of the Taliban to the unappeaseables. 

Hell, everybody's a RINO but Ted Cruz and Mike Lee.  I read yesterday where Rand Paul is suddenly suspect because he questions Cruz's strategy.

This mindless enthusiasm for Ted Cruz reminds me of the mania surrounding Obama, another boy wonder with a thin resume who doesn't work well with others.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It never enters your mind that maybe, just maybe, Cruz is tilting at windmills and may be doing great harm to the overall cause of conservatism.

Has it ever occurred to you that he's not tilting at windmills but supplying the LEADERSHIP most of us have been begging for for many years now!

I will never understand your dislike of a politician who is actually doing what he promised to do while campaigning for the job. It totally befuddles me unless, of course, you work for David Dewhurst!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:37:00 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

This is about tactics, not principle.

There you go really. That is it. It is all about the game, not the principle. Playing and using the same tactics over and over and over, expecting different results.

Our tactics haven't been working for decades. The last time we had winning tactics where we made a major advancement was 95-96 when we forced Clinton into the balanced budget though...shock.... a government shutdown.

Since then we changed and have been playing the compromise tactic over and over, expecting different results.

When we (and I mean we in the citizens position too) stand on principle and don't compromise on key issues, we win. When we don't, we cede ground. A good example, which is one of those few shining moments in the past couple of decades was the defeat of the McCain/Kennedy Amnesty bill.

McCain and the RINOs were playing the game, saying Amnesty was a given. We stood on principle and made our voice heard and the bill was killed. We were fighting both sides on this and the people won.

Then we lost our voice for a while. 

The thing about Cruz's battle is it isn't about Cruz really, it is about the people standing up with him. He isn't tilting at windmills, he is sounding a horn and the people are rising up. Don't believe me, check out the thousands upon thousands of comments on various Senator's facebook pages. My Senator, Cornyn, received several thousand in a few minutes this afternoon when I was watching him comment about the issue. I haven't seen this much action in a long, long time- by the people.

Offline sinkspur

Has it ever occurred to you that he's not tilting at windmills but supplying the LEADERSHIP most of us have been begging for for many years now!

I will never understand your dislike of a politician who is actually doing what he promised to do while campaigning for the job. It totally befuddles me unless, of course, you work for David Dewhurst!

Maybe he is.  But he's going to lose.  And he KNOWS he's going to lose; he said as much last week. 

So why is he doing this?   Pissing off most of the House and  half of his fellow Senators? 

Next time he asks for help from one of those Senators whom he called the equivalent of a Nazi enabler, he'll be lucky if he's not wiping spit off his face.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There you go really. That is it. It is all about the game, not the principle. Playing and using the same tactics over and over and over, expecting different results.

Our tactics haven't been working for decades. The last time we had winning tactics where we made a major advancement was 95-96 when we forced Clinton into the balanced budget though...shock.... a government shutdown.

Since then we changed and have been playing the compromise tactic over and over, expecting different results.

When we (and I mean we in the citizens position too) stand on principle and don't compromise on key issues, we win. When we don't, we cede ground. A good example, which is one of those few shining moments in the past couple of decades was the defeat of the McCain/Kennedy Amnesty bill.

McCain and the RINOs were playing the game, saying Amnesty was a given. We stood on principle and made our voice heard and the bill was killed. We were fighting both sides on this and the people won.

Then we lost our voice for a while. 

The thing about Cruz's battle is it isn't about Cruz really, it is about the people standing up with him. He isn't tilting at windmills, he is sounding a horn and the people are rising up. Don't believe me, check out the thousands upon thousands of comments on various Senator's facebook pages. My Senator, Cornyn, received several thousand in a few minutes this afternoon when I was watching him comment about the issue. I haven't seen this much action in a long, long time- by the people.

BRAVO!  Spot on!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Maybe he is.  But he's going to lose.  And he KNOWS he's going to lose; he said as much last week. 

So why is he doing this?   Pissing off most of the House and  half of his fellow Senators? 

Next time he asks for help from one of those Senators whom he called the equivalent of a Nazi enabler, he'll be lucky if he's not wiping spit off his face.

You seem to forget one very salient fact! The sleeping giant is now awake and will not allow that to happen!

And when are you going to stop LYING about what Cruz said???

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:48:11 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Cruz is aiming for something much bigger than next week.  There are a LOT of folks rising up in support of him, and that bugs the hell out of you and those old fossilized cadavers you love so much.  You wouldn't be running all over this forum playing smash mouth, otherwise. 

Offline ABX

Following my previous comment, my email I just shot to Senator Coburn.

Senator Coburn, you made a very sad comment earlier today. You said: "“I’m getting all sorts of e-mails from people that supported me, because they have been misled about what’s possible.” ...“Do people not think if I could change ObamaCare, I’d do it in a minute? It’s a disappointment that we have put a short term goal with lousy tactics ahead of being honest with the American people.” Senator, I remember many like you back in 95 when I was just a volunteer intern in college and you all came in off the 94 election with fire in your belly to make a change. You didn't worry about what you were told was possible, you stood on principle. You took the gamble and forced President Clinton's hand to get a balanced budget. You shut down the government (and the earth did not end... shock). What did that result in? You did what was impossible, 'tactics be dammed' and you won. We see that in Senator Cruz right now, and in case you missed it, the people are screaming behind him. We are no longer the silent majority. The question is, where is the Tom Coburn from 1995 who didn't accept what he was told was possible and stood on principle. We ask you to vote NO on cloture and stand with Cruz. We are the ones who have to bear the brunt of the outcome, not you, and this is the risk we are willing to take.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Cruz is aiming for something much bigger than next week.  There are a LOT of folks rising up in support of him, and that bugs the hell out of you and those old fossilized cadavers you love so much.  You wouldn't be running all over this forum playing smash mouth, otherwise.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

Excellent, AB. Wish I could write as eloquently as some of the other posters on this forum.

Offline ABX

I remember when Coburn (and the class of 94) were new in 95 and were 'pissing off most of the house and senate'.  The old Bob Doyles & Trent Lotts said the same thing Coburn and others are saying now.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Following my previous comment, my email I just shot to Senator Coburn.

BRAVO!!! Again!

- J. R. R. Tolkien