Author Topic: Rove Disagrees With Cruz Talkathon, but Admires Effort  (Read 1559 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rove Disagrees With Cruz Talkathon, but Admires Effort
« on: September 26, 2013, 12:36:52 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=527755

Newsmax
Rove Disagrees With Cruz Talkathon, but Admires Effort
Thursday, September 26, 2013 05:17 AM

By: Greg Richter

Political operative Karl Rove disagreed with Sen. Ted Cruz's decision to engage in a 21-hour talkathon from the Senate floor overnight Tuesday, but he had praise for the Texas Republican's efforts.

"If you're focused on 2016, as he is, he has given himself a big head start," Rove said Wednesday on Fox News Channel's "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren."

Cruz stood the entire time in support of a House-passed bill that would defund Obamacare while funding the rest of the government.

Republicans agree with Cruz's message, but many didn't like his method. They say the GOP doesn't have the votes in the Senate to pass the bill, and tying it to government funding threatens a shutdown for which they would be blamed.

But Rove said Cruz did "an extraordinary job."

"Can you imagine at the end of nearly 24 hours on your feet being as cogent and as focused and as effective as he was in laying out the case?" Rove said. "My only criticism is, I wish he'd read a little bit less Ayn Rand and more of the Republican proposals about fixing healthcare."

Still, Rove said, Cruz's speech was a teaching moment. "He had the interest of the American people."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rove Disagrees With Cruz Talkathon, but Admires Effort
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 12:47:51 pm »
Even Rove recognizes the power of what Ted Cruz did and, although he won't say it publicly, HATES him for it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Rove Disagrees With Cruz Talkathon, but Admires Effort
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 07:02:27 pm »
Even Rove recognizes the power of what Ted Cruz did and, although he won't say it publicly, HATES him for it!

yep... because it take the shine off his guy's Jeb and Christie.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776