Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Anti-Obamacare Plan Just Picked up a Big Endorsement  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/24/marco-rubio-i-stand-with-ted-cruz/

Ted Cruz’s Anti-Obamacare Plan Just Picked up a Big Endorsement
Sep. 24, 2013 1:22pm Oliver Darcy

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) told TheBlaze Tuesday that he stands with fellow Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) in his bid to ensure funding for President Barack Obama’s landmark health care bill is not reinserted into a continuing resolution bill aimed at funding the federal government.

“Obamacare is making it harder for hard working Americans to achieve the American Dream,” Rubio said in a statement to TheBlaze. “That is why when I ran for the Senate I pledged to do everything I could to stop Obamacare.”

“A vote for cloture will make it easier for Senate Democrats to preserve this job killing law,” he said. “That is why I will vote no on the motion to cut off debate.”
Ted Cruzs Anti Obamacare Plan Just Picked up a Big Endorsement

The federal government is set to run out of money, unless Congress acts quickly to pass a continuing resolution bill. House Republicans on Friday passed legislation that keeps the government running, but defunds the Affordable Care Act.

If Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) reinserts the funding now that the bill has reached the Senate, which he says he will, some Republicans, most notably Cruz, have threatened filibuster it.

“The simple fact remains — Obamacare is the law of the land and will remain the law of the land as long as Barack Obama is president of the United States and as long as I’m Senate majority leader,” Reid said Monday.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776