Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>>>Ted Cruz Talking Filibuster in progress  (Read 26881 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Ted Cruz Talking Filibuster in progress
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 09:02:08 pm »
Hey, Donald.  It's a shame Ted Cruz spent the last two weeks trashing Republicans instead of working with them to do something that might actually succeed.

hmmm he has not been doing the trashing, in fact he has been a gentleman while he is being pounded by people who SHOULD be supporting him... just to be sure I googled it... "cruz trashing Republicans" and this is what came up:

About 288,000 results (0.29 seconds)
Search Results

News for cruz trashing Republicans

Hugh Hewitt Goes Off on 'Whiny' Republicans Trashing Ted Cruz: 'Get In The Game!'
        Mediaite ‎- 3 days ago
        Radio host Hugh Hewitt went on a powerful tirade against Bob Corker and other Republicans undermining any GOP attempt to defund ...
    Sep 16, 2013 - Ted Cruz and similar legislators" are obstructionists who care more about undermining the Republican establishment than advancing ...

David Brooks' lame trashing of Ted Cruz - WorldNetDaily
        4 days ago - David Brooks' lame trashing of Ted Cruz. David Limbaugh ... And a lot of the House Republicans are in the same mode. They're not normal ...

21 hours ago - Cruz vows to use all 'means available' to block ObamaCare, Reid tees up budget vote | Fox News. The Texas senator's battle, though, got off to ...
    Sen. Cruz's Fight Against Funding Disastrous ObamaCare, GOP ...
       2 days ago - It's now to the point that most of our elected DC officials in the Republican party are “Democrat Lite.” Sarah Palin, liberals' favorite punching bag ...

NY Times Expresses “Concern” for GOP by Trashing Ted Cruz ...
        Jan 23, 2013 - I realize it is the contention of the Times editors that gun control is constitutional, but the simple fact of the matter is that the Second Amendment ...

WHY ARE REPUBLICANS TRASHING THEIR OWN?... - Facebook
       TED CRUZ IN PARTICULAR... "LIKE" if you AGREE with Rush. Rush Limbaugh said: “... Why do you call yourself a Republican if you all you want to do is lay ...

Republicans Should Really Stop Bashing Ted Cruz | The Lonely ...
2 days ago - GOP Congressman Michael Grimm –an apparently good guy and Marine I'd never ever heard of until today– is out and about trashing Cruz ...

'Top' DC Republicans Sent Oppo Research to 'Hammer' Cruz ...
2 days ago - 'Top' DC Republicans Sent Oppo Research to 'Hammer' Cruz. ... in the senate while Rove was trashing republican candidates he did not like.

Why Republicans Are Sniping at Cruz « Commentary Magazine
by Jonathan Tobin
6 hours ago - If Cruz were proposing to his fellow Republicans a strategy that had a prayer of .... Responses to Joshua Muravchik's "Trashing Israel Daily" ...

Ted Cruz's Two Front War: Cowardly GOPers and a Dumbed-Down ...
4 days ago - GOP Congressman Michael Grimm –an apparently good guy and Marine I'd never ever heard of until today– is out and about trashing Cruz ...

Page 3 of about 288,000 results (0.25 seconds)
Search Results

BOR: Ted Cruz and Tea Party Wag Republican Dog
       Apr 29, 2013 - Ted Cruz and Tea Party Wag Republican Dog ... the Senate Republican Conference [a big taboo]," and "trashed his colleagues in the process.

and much, much more.. I see no article saying the barbs have been sent the other way against the GOP
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 09:07:02 pm »
Since when shouldn't Americans fight for what they believe in? It is the conservatives who are standing by their principles. The rest of them are politics firsters, mostly for personal profit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 09:07:17 pm »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/harry-reid-says-ted-cruz-isnt-doing-a-real-filibuster/article/2536321

Harry Reid says Ted Cruz isn't doing a real filibuster
By JOEL GEHRKE | SEPTEMBER 24, 2013 AT 3:13 PM

Senate Majority Harry Reid, D-Nev., told reporters that Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who began speaking without interruption on the Senate floor Tuesday in opposition to funding Obamacare, isn't engaged in a real filibuster.

"There's no filibuster going on now," Reid said Tuesday. "People can come and talk, but they can't do anything to change when we vote." The vote is scheduled for Wednesday.

Cruz took the floor today, explaining that he "intended to speak out in defense of defunding Obamacare until I can no longer stand."

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told reporters he would not object to having the cloture vote before tomorrow -- Reid would like to have it as soon as possible, to leave more time before the budget deadline to respond to any legislation the House passes -- but that can't happen if Cruz holds the floor today.

"If Obamacare is so wonderful, why is it that its loudest advocates don't want to be subject to it," Cruz said, in reference to legislators who want congressional staff exempted from Obamacare.

He also faulted his Republican colleagues who opposed the push to defund the health care law through the continuing resolution by alluding to "The Little Engine That Could." "The message would be simple — that little engine can't," Cruz said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 09:24:25 pm »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/harry-reid-says-ted-cruz-isnt-doing-a-real-filibuster/article/2536321

Harry Reid says Ted Cruz isn't doing a real filibuster
By JOEL GEHRKE | SEPTEMBER 24, 2013 AT 3:13 PM

Senate Majority Harry Reid, D-Nev., told reporters that Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who began speaking without interruption on the Senate floor Tuesday in opposition to funding Obamacare, isn't engaged in a real filibuster.

"There's no filibuster going on now," Reid said Tuesday. "People can come and talk, but they can't do anything to change when we vote." The vote is scheduled for Wednesday.

Cruz took the floor today, explaining that he "intended to speak out in defense of defunding Obamacare until I can no longer stand."

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told reporters he would not object to having the cloture vote before tomorrow -- Reid would like to have it as soon as possible, to leave more time before the budget deadline to respond to any legislation the House passes -- but that can't happen if Cruz holds the floor today.

"If Obamacare is so wonderful, why is it that its loudest advocates don't want to be subject to it," Cruz said, in reference to legislators who want congressional staff exempted from Obamacare.

He also faulted his Republican colleagues who opposed the push to defund the health care law through the continuing resolution by alluding to "The Little Engine That Could." "The message would be simple — that little engine can't," Cruz said.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:25:13 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 09:26:44 pm »

Rand Paul to join Cruz in Senate floor protest against ObamaCare
By Alexandra Jaffe - 09/24/13 04:03 PM ET

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is planning to head to the Senate floor to support Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-Texas) attempt to delay a Senate vote on the House-passed government funding measure that defunds ObamaCare.

Cruz is speaking on the Senate floor "until I am no longer able to stand," he said, as a protest intended to prevent Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) from stripping the bill of the provision that defunds ObamaCare.

A Paul aide said that the senator, who famously launched a talking filibuster of John Brennan's nomination as CIA director to focus attention on President Obama's policy on drones earlier this year, will join Cruz on the floor to offer "reinforcements" sometime later today. It's unclear how long Paul will talk, or what he's expected to say.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is opposed to Cruz's gambit.

"Senator McConnell supports the House Republicans' bill and will not vote to block it, since it defunds ObamaCare and funds the government without increasing spending by a penny," McConnell spokesman Don Stewart said Monday in a statement. "He will also vote against any amendment that attempts to add Obamacare funding back into the House Republicans' bill."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is expected to advance H.J.Res. 59 with an amendment to remove the House language that defunds ObamaCare.

A vote to end debate on the motion to proceed is expected Wednesday, and Cruz's actions cannot stop that from happening.

— Ramsey Cox contributed reporting.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/324285-rand-paul-to-join-cruz-in-senate-floor-protest-against-obamacare#ixzz2fqcnZ9TV
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 09:31:31 pm »
Who is upholding Republican principles? Do they even matter to some on here?

2012 Republican Party Platform

Repealing Obamacare...The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act – Obamacare – was never really about healthcare, though its impact upon the nation’s health is disastrous...Congressional Republicans are committed to its repeal

http://whitehouse16.com/republican-party-platform/#Item6
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »

Ted Cruz is doing two things in this effort! He is following through on his pledge to oppose Obamacare in every way open to him and, more importantly in my view, he is exposing the RINO Ba$#%@#$# who need to GO!

Good on him for both!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »

I have been waiting for most of my adult life to see elected republican stand up en mass for the principles laid out by the grass roots of the party in the platform but I've lived a long time and not seen it yet. Still hoping to see it before I die!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 09:48:21 pm »

Bigun....I hope this is a recent photo!!     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 09:49:06 pm »
Ted Cruz is doing two things in this effort! He is following through on his pledge to oppose Obamacare in every way open to him and, more importantly in my view, he is exposing the RINO Ba$#%@#$# who need to GO!

Good on him for both!

Hell, he is exposing all of the government. Did you catch earlier when he described illegal extortion and how, when the Senate does it (and he was specific) they can get away with it?  He is calling them out. I hope a lot of people are watching this.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2013, 09:52:47 pm »
Hell, he is exposing all of the government. Did you catch earlier when he described illegal extortion and how, when the Senate does it (and he was specific) they can get away with it?  He is calling them out. I hope a lot of people are watching this.

I should be working, but I'm glued to cSpan.. and I just popped some popcorn (seriously)

famousdayandyear

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 09:57:14 pm »
Hoot!  Sen Sessions and a tutorial on single payer==excellent.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 10:01:17 pm »

:flag:
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 10:07:55 pm »

:flag:

When cowardice and corruption become the accepted norm in a society, expressions of courage invite ridicule born not of disbelief, but of fear. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 10:07:59 pm »

Bigun....I hope this is a recent photo!!     :beer:

About a year old now. The photo that is!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 10:11:22 pm »
I heart Jeff Sessions, too!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2013, 10:19:03 pm »
Mr. Cruz goes to Washington.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »
UPDATE: Sen. Jeff Sessions Says Obamacare Will Make DC More of a Boomtown

Sessions said Obamacare would create more jobs for bureaucrats and lobbyists in DC at a time when the rest of the nation is struggling economically. Cruz said the "boom business in our economy is government" and that was unfortunate because smart people see gaming the government as a way to enrich themselves. Cruz said the divide between the bipartisan ruling class and the rest of America was the greatest source of the country's problems and disillusionment.

UPDATE: Sen. Jeff Sessions Joins Cruz on the Senate Floor

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), a staunch opponent of the Senate's amnesty bill, earned the respect of many conservatives with his war-horse like work in opposing comprehensive immigration reform.

He asked Cruz if Obamacare leads to a single-payer system, who would be the payer?

Cruz said that government would be the payer, which means the taxpayers. Cruz noted that once government pays for healthcare it can control it. He had said that the vote for cloture on the bill before the Senate will be the most important vote he will have taken in his nine months in the Senate because it is a question of whether senators will be responding to the "suffering" that Obamacare has wrought across America. Cruz said senators have the "for me but not for thee" mentality on Obamacare, and Cruz said senators would oppose Obamacare more fiercely if their healthcare or that of their children were on the line like it is for many of America's most vulnerable.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:20:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2013, 10:20:36 pm »
I should be working, but I'm glued to cSpan.. and I just popped some popcorn (seriously)

That's how I've been today. Luckily I am working at home today so I'm a bit more flexible.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline happyg

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2013, 10:24:33 pm »
I watching it, too, and eating junk that I don't care for, but don't want to go to the grocery store while this is going on. I guess I will order delivery, but you have to order at least $25 and then, pay $2 for service, and the tip. I think I better go to the grocery. It's only 1/2 a mile from here.  LOL!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2013, 10:28:21 pm »
 MATT DRUDGE        ✔ @DRUDGE

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul have taken over the heart of the party. Christie going to have uphill battle against emotion...
4:35 PM - 24 Sep 2013
Support the USO

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »
I respect everyone here on the forum.  Let me say that I hope Senator Cruz accomplishes something with this effort.  I would love to say all of you were right.  I certainly can't dispute the principles being defended!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline happyg

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:11 pm »
I respect everyone here on the forum.  Let me say that I hope Senator Cruz accomplishes something with this effort.  I would love to say all of you were right.  I certainly can't dispute the principles being defended!

You're a good person, 240.

Offline ABX

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:54 pm »
MATT DRUDGE        ✔ @DRUDGE

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul have taken over the heart of the party. Christie going to have uphill battle against emotion...
4:35 PM - 24 Sep 2013

If Christie is going up hill, it is best not to follow him. If he falls he is likely to crush anyone following him. (literal and metaphorical interpretations both apply).