Author Topic: Obama’s biggest fear? Michelle’s wrath for sneaking a smoke  (Read 2280 times)

Offline mountaineer

Obama’s biggest fear? Michelle’s wrath for sneaking a smoke
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:17:55 pm »
NY Post (video at link)

President Obama leads the war on terror, but he’s really terrified of his wife.

The leader of the free world was caught on a hot mic Monday explaining that he quit smoking cigarettes after 30 years mostly because he was “scared” of First Lady Michelle Obama.

Obama was speaking with human-rights activist Maina Kiai during the UN General Assembly in New York when he was caught on a CNN microphone making the remarks about his partner in the White House.

“I hope you quit smoking,” Obama told Kiai with a laugh. “I haven’t had a cigarette in probably six years. That’s because I’m scared of my wife.”

When Obama entered the White House in 2008, he admitted that he still sneaks a cigarette from time to time. He had reportedly been smoking since his teenage years, but the president finally kicked the habit in 2010.

He claimed at the time that he wanted to make a good example for his daughters. But the president may have been influenced by the fearsome first lady, who is famous for championing vegetables and exercising.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama’s biggest fear? Michelle’s wrath for sneaking a smoke
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 12:27:39 pm »
...  Politico had some fun with the president’s remark, saying: “No one is exempt from first lady Michelle Obama’s health initiatives – especially not her husband.”

Others took issue with the president’s timing, saying he may have exaggerated by a few years. (Via Buzzfeed)

A 2011 Washington Post interview with Michelle Obama revealed the president smoked until at least 2010.

Michelle was careful in that interview to say she doesn’t nag her husband about his smoking problem, but this now marks the second time she’s been publicly blamed for keeping the president smoke-free. ...
More at Atlanta Journal Constitution
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 04:47:40 pm »
He is lying about the 6 years...so is he lying now or was he only lying then! 

:peeonobama:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:49:33 pm by flowers »

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 04:50:19 pm »
He is lying about the 6 years...so is he lying now or was he only lying then! 

:peeonobama:

Michelle probably smokes, too!