Author Topic: Common Core Part Of Mao and Lenin Handbooks  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Common Core Part Of Mao and Lenin Handbooks
« on: September 24, 2013, 03:40:47 am »
http://mychal-massie.com/premium/common-core-part-of-mao-and-lenin-handbooks/

Common Core Part Of Mao and Lenin Handbooks
By Mychal Massie on September 19, 2013 in Daily Rant

It’s a well-known observation that whenever businessmen come together sooner or later their conversation turns to how to best separate consumers from their money (which is why businesses in reality exist). And in a froward way, similar can be said about what happens when Marxist ideologues gather in the shadows. They discuss how to strip We the People of Constitutional rights based on their Marxist theorems. And that is exactly what has happened with the advent of the Common Core education curriculum.

The argument for the “absolute need” of Common Core standards is they are the only way to prepare students for careers and college. Supposedly without Common Core standards our children will neither be college-ready nor career-ready. And while the battle to resist Common Core was being fought by those of us who understood the sinister evil of what will be a forced program of education, “. . .the Obama administration had $4.35 billion of Race to the Top federal funds, and [said] states had to adopt ‘college-and-career ready standards’ if they wanted to be eligible to compete for those funds.” (The Biggest Fallacy of the Common Core Standards; Diane Ravitch; 8/24/13)

As Ravitch pointed out, major corporations published full-page advertisements in the New York Times and paid for television commercials warning that unless Common Core standards were immediately adopted our economy would be seriously threatened. The Council on Foreign Relations, chaired by none other than Joel Klein and Condoleezza Rice, warned that our national security was at risk unless Common Core was adopted without delay. (And people were browbeating me because I said Rice was as much of a conservative as my right shoe, but I digress.)

Let me make this easy for you. Common Core standards is an across-the-board, pre-K to the end of your child’s education, system of teaching whereby every student is mandated to be taught the exact same thing and for all intents and purposes taught the exact same thing during the same period of time. In brief, it is a standard of education that creates automatons.

But let me back up to ask what should be obvious. If, as the so-called experts are postulating, the future of America will collapse without Common Core, then someone needs to tell me how we survived to become the greatest country in history with a free market capitalist system envied the world over without it? The simple truth is that Common Core is right out of Mao’s “Redbook” — his manifesto for communism. Common Core could very well be the final death-knell for the minds of our children. Textbooks, ad nauseum, will be uniform. And while in the past, states such as Texas were able to dictate what textbooks would be used in their schools, that ability will be removed. Parents and school administrators will have no say in what the children in their schools are taught.

Most parents are unaware of the distortions, misinformation, and omissions in the textbooks being written by liberals today. As a matter of fact, most parents not only have no clue, but they have never even given thought to the accuracy of the books their children are being taught from.

Imagine your children attending classrooms like those under Mao Tse-tung the evil dictator of Communist China. That’s where Common Core is taking our children. It gives unprecedented control of the minds of our children from their earliest years. It also allows government to segregate our children based on their dictates into groups that they control. And, just as sinister, it allows government to ultimately control what is taught in private Christian schools and in home schooling. And it has long been understood that the public school system wanted to do away with home schooling. Common Core also allows government to dictate which children are admitted to what schools and what career paths are available to which children.

I know, I know. You’re saying c’mon Mychal you’re exaggerating and just trying to scare us. To which I would ask, did children learn more before Carter created the Department of Education, or after it? I would ask, what have the billions of tax dollars that have gone into public schools done to raise the level of accomplishment by students? I would remind you that, since the early 1980s, we have been told that all it takes is more money, and our children will be academic standouts. When, in reality, billions of dollars after billion of dollars have netted the same results — diminished student performance.

How did Americans achieve the advances in medicine, technology, and science without Common Core if we are now being told we cannot survive educationally and economically — and that our national security is threatened — unless it is implemented?

Common Core is a ruse to further entrench communism in America. Obama’s government has built on what Carter, Clinton, and Bush started. While people are running about distracted by things that will bear no fruit, the two greatest threats are on the doorstep of full implementation, i.e., Obamacare and Common Core.

And as Dr. Walter Williams noted, “Vladimir Lenin said, ‘Give me four years to teach children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.’ That’s the [true] goal of the leftist teaching agenda.” (Student Indoctrination; CNSNews.com; 9/17/13)
mm truth-donate-banner

About Mychal Massie
Mychal S. Massie is an ordained minister who spent 13 years in full-time Christian Ministry. He was founder and president of the non-profit “In His Name Ministries.” He is the former National Chairman of the conservative black think tank, Project 21-The National Leadership Network of Black Conservatives and a former member of its parent think tank, the National Center for Public Policy Research. In his official capacity with this free-market, public-policy think tank, he has spoken at the U.S. Capitol, CPAC, participated in numerous press conferences on Capitol Hill, the National Press Club and testified concerning property rights pursuant to the “Endangered Species Act” before the Chairman of the House Committee on Resources. He has been a keynote speaker at colleges and universities nationwide, at Tea Party Rallies, as well as rallies supporting our troops, conservative presidents, and conservative causes across the country. He is an unapologetic supporter of our right to own and carry firearms. Read the entire Bio here
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

Re: Common Core Part Of Mao and Lenin Handbooks
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:26:42 am »
The same can be said of any set of standards.  What, after all, is a standard other than a single, objective benchmark against which everyone is measured?  In academics in order for all children to meet a given standard they must be taught the same stuff; you can't teach one child exclusively math and a second exclusively English, then test them both on math and expect them to get the same grade.

Furthermore, Common Core is just precisely a set of standards - i.e., the minimum level of academic achievement a child should be able to meet - and not some sort of cap that prevents any school from exceeding those standards in one or more areas.

Consider this:  in the "old days" there were the three "R"s - readin', (w)ritin', and (a)rithmetic - which were standards - i.e., each child was expected to know how to read, to write, and to do arithmetic - but those weren't limits beyond which no child could stray, they were minimums; meet the minimums and after that the sky's the limit.

Also, there seems to be some consternation that Common Core exchanges breadth of exposure in various subjects for depth of exposure - i.e., instead of briefly touching on a large number of aspects of a given subject, students are expected to spend a lot more time developing competence in a more limited number of aspects of each subject.  But isn't that precisely what the old Three "R"s were all about?  focusing deeply on just a few subjects for minimum competency, and then being free to pursue other subjects as time and energy permit?  Wasn't the old-school way of learning things - e.g., memorizing multiplication tables - more about depth than about breadth?  In other words, Common Core is in some ways a return to the older ways of doing things.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 08:23:23 pm »
The big problem is this.  Anything dictated by the government is bound to fail as the members of government have no personal interest in it.  It is kind of like allowing illegal immigrants to vote when they have no vested interest in the results.  The conclusion to this program is pre-ordained, just ask Russia.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 03:16:00 am »
The big problem is this.  Anything dictated by the government is bound to fail as the members of government have no personal interest in it.  It is kind of like allowing illegal immigrants to vote when they have no vested interest in the results.  The conclusion to this program is pre-ordained, just ask Russia.

The ages-old state standards Common Core is designed to replace were also dictated by government, albeit state government; do you therefore also oppose the old standards?