Author Topic: Message to “Top-Level Republicans”: Are You TRYING To Lose Your Base?  (Read 3088 times)

Offline happyg

Dear Republican Party,

At least twice a week, I speak to Republican groups throughout California about things like “How to Market our GOP Message” and “How To Change the Negative PR of the GOP”.  Each time I talk to these wonderful groups of hard-working activists, I try to instill confidence in the Republican Party and encourage them not to give up.

However, I need someone in the GOP to extend some encouragement to me this time because I’m certainly not feeling much confidence in our Party today.

This weekend on “Fox News Sunday” Chris Wallace revealed that many of our “top-level Republicans” were “besieging him with all kinds of information” to use against Texas Sen. Ted Cruz prior to his appearance on the show.

“As soon as we listed Ted Cruz as our featured guest this week, I got unsolicited research and questions, not from Democrats but from top Republicans, to hammer Cruz”, Wallace said.

Why in the world would you do something like that?  You obviously believed you were so far beyond reproach that Chris Wallace wouldn’t tell us what you were trying to do, but this time you messed with one Texan who you should be supporting 100%.  Senator Cruz is one of the few members of the Senate that we trust to speak out for us.  These days there are very few Republican politicians who seem to care about our needs and aren’t afraid to represent us—so why are you trying to destroy Sen. Cruz?

Here in California, I have personally been told by “top-level Republicans” that the only person who can win the upcoming governor’s race is one of the most incompetent, Democrat-lite men in politics.  They refuse to back Republican Assemblyman Tim Donnelly because he’s not “establishment” enough (and perhaps because his name isn’t ethnic enough…). I have also heard from other sources that “top-level Republicans” are pushing for Chris Christie to become the GOP presidential candidate in 2016.

The phrases “stunningly unaware” and “out-of-touch” come to mind…

So what is going on? You’re obviously not listening to us. Are you trying to kill the Republican Party forever? Because you certainly aren’t instilling any confidence or faith in any of us grassroots-types out here who could be helping you.

I’m sad to say this, but if you don’t get your act together very soon and start working with all our Republican leaders—especially those backed by the Tea Party – you are going to lose a giant chunk of your hardest-working Republicans forever.

I’ll be waiting for your response…

Sincerely,

Ann-Marie Murrell

PolitiChicks.tv

Read more at http://politichicks.tv/column/message-top-level-republicans-trying-lose-base/#IlJEXcP3yOU0ToBa.99
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:37:56 am by Rapunzel »

Offline sinkspur

Re: Message to “Top-Level Republicans”: Are You TRYING To Lose Your Base?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 03:45:48 am »
I'm sorry, but Ted Cruz is NOT a "Republican leader." 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 03:52:30 am »

I disagree! If he isn't, why is he always in the news? Why is McCain afraid of him? Cruz is showing the republicans how it's done right.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 04:02:47 am »
You have it correct, Happyg.

I disagree! If he isn't, why is he always in the news? Why is McCain afraid of him? Cruz is showing the republicans how it's done right.

Leadership does not consist merely of holding some official position within the Republican caucus. That is an extremely myopic view.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 04:08:09 am »

If he's a leader, why is nobody following?  Leaders don't trash the people they need to follow them.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 12:37:52 pm »
If he's a leader, why is nobody following?  Leaders don't trash the people they need to follow them.
Because in this age of the ignorant masses, there are very few people left for him to lead.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 12:59:58 pm »
The answer to the question is: YES. The GOP leadership is trying to lose their base, as some of us have been pointing out for some time now.

More accurately, they are seeking a "new" base of prospective Republican voters, while abandoning the older one. The McCain/Graham Axis would prefer to jettison the current rural/exurban conservative base and replace it with a more urban/suburban (and more liberal) electoral cohort, especially one amenable to amnesty for illegals and central government planning. The internecine battle over Obamacare in the GOP is a proxy war for the larger one to come. 

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 01:53:36 pm »

Leadership is what one does, not what rank one holds. Do you really consider Boo Boehner, Eric Cantor, Mitch McConnel  leaders? I don't. And as for Johnnie McLame, I salute him for his service, and condemn him for his idiocy.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 02:01:05 pm »

Well, this begs the question:  Who are Republican leaders in your opinion?

Online GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 02:05:52 pm »
This weekend on “Fox News Sunday” Chris Wallace revealed that many of our “top-level Republicans” were “besieging him with all kinds of information” to use against Texas Sen. Ted Cruz prior to his appearance on the show.

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 02:13:05 pm »
Because in this age of the ignorant masses, there are very few people left for him to lead.

People follow leaders.  What is Cruz leading? 

First, he demands (DEMANDS, mind you) that the House pass a bill defunding Obamacare.  The House passes the bill.

Then, Cruz says the only way he can win is to filibuster THE VERY BILL HE DEMANDED THE HOUSE PASS!! 

But, when he loses in the Senate, he is now demanding that the House pass piecemeal funding for various departments of the government.  (DEMANDING, mind you).

Cruz has 'effed this whole thing up from the start.  Except for whipping up some rabid support, which, I suspect, was the point of this exercise in the first place.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 02:16:21 pm »
Well, this begs the question:  Who are Republican leaders in your opinion?

We don't have any in this defunding fight because defunding is not going to happen. 

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 02:24:28 pm »
We don't have any in this defunding fight because defunding is not going to happen.

Okay, excluding the defunding fight who are Republican leaders in your opinion?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 06:51:54 pm »

You evaded answering her question.  I would like to hear the same answer. WHO in the GOP do you think is a great leader -- who is it you support other then Cornyn?  We know you rooted strongly for Dewhurst and pronounced Cruz would not win this seat.  So what horse do you back in saving our country from ruin.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 06:57:13 pm »
You evaded answering her question.  I would like to hear the same answer. WHO in the GOP do you think is a great leader -- who is it you support other then Cornyn?  We know you rooted strongly for Dewhurst and pronounced Cruz would not win this seat.  So what horse do you back in saving our country from ruin.

No human being can do the job.  We don't have any leaders in the Republican party that I look to for anything.  Politicians are out for themselves; they don't give a damn about you and me.  Some are a little better than others.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 09:20:00 pm »
First, he demands (DEMANDS, mind you) that the House pass a bill defunding Obamacare.  The House passes the bill.

Then, Cruz says the only way he can win is to filibuster THE VERY BILL HE DEMANDED THE HOUSE PASS!!

This has already been explained several times as a necessary parliamentary maneuver requiried in order to filibuster this bill and thus prevent its passage.

This tactic of continuing to ignore facts and instead repeating slogans or talking points in their place is also a time tested Leftist debating tactic and only reinforces my conviction the poster who is doing this is a Leftist ringer, and that is despite all the "I know the guy and have for years" empty testimonials I have received.

His own words and conduct speak otherwise. 
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams