Author Topic: Putin taunts Obama ahead of G-20 summit  (Read 1419 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Putin taunts Obama ahead of G-20 summit
« on: September 05, 2013, 01:02:27 pm »
Putin taunts Obama ahead of G-20 summit
Andy Soltis

Vladimir Putin is making a sport of lashing out at President Obama, again taunting him about the Edward Snowden fiasco while accusing his administration of lying about Syria — on the eve of what will be a contentious showdown in St. Petersburg.

The Russian president ridiculed the Obama administration’s claim that Syrian rebels are not dominated by al Qaeda-linked terrorists.

“They lie beautifully, of course,” Putin said in a wide-ranging interview just before he and Obama meet face to face at the G-20 summit.

He called Secretary of State John Kerry’s testimony about the rebels before a Senate committee on Tuesday “unpleasant and surprising for me.”

“We proceed from the assumption that they are decent people,” Putin said. “But he is lying and knows he is lying. It’s sad.”

The bad blood between Putin and Obama was evident during their barely civil appearance together at a June summit in Northern Ireland.

It got worse after the Kremlin allowed Snowden, the NSA leaker and No. 1 US fugitive, to stay in Russia last month. Obama retaliated by canceling a meeting with Putin in Moscow before the G-20 summit.

They will finally meet today in St. Petersburg — on the heels of Putin’s interview with The Associated Press and Russia’s state Channel 1 television that appeared timed to upstage Obama.

In the interview, the former KGB officer got in some digs about how Obama’s intelligence services botched the hunt for Snowden, who fled from Hong Kong to a Moscow airport and is now living in Russia.

“Representatives of the American intelligence agencies — and I hope they won’t be angry — but they could have been more professional, and the diplomats as well,” he said.

He said the US blundered by trapping Snowden at the airport and not letting him fly on to a country from which he could be extradited.

On Syria, the Kremlin leader blasted as “ludicrous” and “absolutely absurd” the Obama administration’s claim that the Syrian regime was responsible for last month’s poison-gas attack.

Putin toyed with Obama on the subject of any UN-approved military action against Syria.

“I do not exclude this, but I would like to draw your attention to one absolutely key aspect: In line with international law, only the UN Security Council can sanction the use of force against a foreign state,” he said.

“Any other pretext or method which might be used to justify the use of force against an independent, sovereign state is inadmissible and can only be interpreted as an act of aggression,” he added.

Besides, he said, the UN can only act if the poison gas was proven and the US has failed to that.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/04/putin-taunts-obama-ahead-of-g-20-summit/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

Re: Putin taunts Obama ahead of G-20 summit
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 01:20:01 pm »
It's refreshing to see a leader that isn't pc, and tells it like it is. It's too bad our president won't do that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 02:05:42 pm »
“We proceed from the assumption that they are decent people,” Putin said. “But he is lying and knows he is lying. It’s sad.”

Wow.  I really want to argue with Putin (for old times sake, if nothing else)---but tough to do when he makes an incredibly accurate assessment.   :shrug:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 02:52:41 pm »
I can't imagine the shock on my parents' faces if they could somehow...return to life....only to see their son cheering Vladimir Putin.

For not too brief a moment, I wished that Vladimir Putin had a 'secret powder' on his right palm that transferred to Barack Obama when they shook hands for the camera today.

You know....the same 'powder' used 'here'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:53:00 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 02:57:53 pm »
I can't imagine the shock on my parents' faces if they could somehow...return to life....only to see their son cheering Vladimir Putin.

For not too brief a moment, I wished that Vladimir Putin had a 'secret powder' on his right palm that transferred to Barack Obama when they shook hands for the camera today.

You know....the same 'powder' used 'here'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko

My dad died three years ago. We would call each other and talk about politics. There were many times the past three years I wish we could discuss what is going on. In the end, there is a part of me that is glad he doesn't see how fast we are deteriorating.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 03:13:58 pm »

In the end, there is a part of me that is glad he doesn't see how fast we are deteriorating.

Same here, happyg.

Also a reason I'm glad I'm in the "Autumn of my life".....can't bear to see what's happening to country.

....and so damned quickly too.

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 03:16:37 pm »
Same here, happyg.

Also a reason I'm glad I'm in the "Autumn of my life".....can't bear to see what's happening to country.

....and so damned quickly too.

All we can do is prepare our grandchildren. I feel so badly for them because they never got to see the real American way of life.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 03:25:26 pm »
All we can do is prepare our grandchildren. I feel so badly for them because they never got to see the real American way of life.

"prepare" our grandchildren.  That's simply no possible because they leave everyday and spend 6-7 hours with indoctrination centers.

You cannot tell them their teachers are full of sh*t....that everything about "social studies" is a lie.   Not with the intention of being effective you can't.

....it won't be long before a grandchild will be telling the authorities about the blasphemy emanating from "grandpa"!

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 03:44:55 am »
I love this pic and can just see the captions:

Obama:  Geez my a$$ hurts; I wish he'd stop kicking it!

Putin:  What a bore; couldn't they at least have found someone who could kick back every once in a while, just for sport?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 03:57:52 am »

The American government is not "decent people".  Putin nailed that to the American voter's complete disgrace.  Our government is neither decent nor competent.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan