Author Topic: I’m a guy again! ABC newsman who "switched genders" wants to switch back  (Read 1838 times)

Online mountaineer

He thought he was a woman trapped in a man’s body — but it turns out he’s “just another boring straight guy.”

ABC News editor Don Ennis strolled into the newsroom in May wearing a little black dress and an auburn wig and announced he was transgender and splitting from his wife. He wanted to be called Dawn.

But now he says he suffered from a two-day bout of amnesia that has made him realize he wants to live his life again as Don.

“I accused my wife of playing some kind of cruel joke, dressing me up in a wig and bra and making fake ID’s with the name ‘Dawn’ on it. Seriously,” Ennis wrote in an e-mail to friends and colleagues Friday, explaining his shock after he woke up from what he called a “transient global amnesia” last month.

“It became obvious this was not the case once I took off the bra — and discovered two reasons I was wearing one,” he said, referring to his hormone-induced breasts.

“I thought it was 1999 . . . and I was sure as hell that I was a man,” Ennis said in the e-mail titled “Not Reportable, Very Confirmed.”

“Fortunately, my memories of the last 14 years have since returned. But what did not return was my identity as Dawn,” said Ennis, who had been wearing lipstick, skirts and heels.

“I am writing to let you know I’m changing my name . . . to Don Ennis. That will be my name again, now and forever. And it appears I’m not transgender after all.

“I have retained the much different mind-set I had in 1999: I am now totally, completely, unabashedly male in my mind, despite my physical attributes,” he said.

“I’m asking all of you who accepted me as a transgender to now understand: I was misdiagnosed.

“I am already using the men’s room and dressing accordingly,” he noted.

“It’s so odd to be experiencing this from the other side; as recently as last Friday, I felt I was indeed a woman, in my mind, body and soul....

Full story at NY Post

:shrug:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:58:06 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

And this is a guy who controls what is 'news' and how it is slanted.

Good God...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

Yeah, I sure hope his rather severe mental disorder didn't affect his job performance.

Offline happyg

Sometimes, you just have to leave well enough alone! Most of the problems with these people are a fixation on gender.

Offline GourmetDan

Sometimes, you just have to leave well enough alone! Most of the problems with these people are a fixation on gender.

Well, I've had a few problems in my life, but none of them involved becoming a woman.  I can't even imagine wanting to do that.  (no offense ladies...)

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

More from today's Post (photo of Don and Mr. Bear at link):

ABC's Don Ennis -- who went from he to she to he -- had bizarre Facebook countdowns and 'rough month'
By TARA PALMERI and Oceander SAUCHELLI
 August 6, 2013

Attention-loving ABC News Editor Don Ennis posted a bizarre countdown on his Facebook page just before his change-over to “Dawn Stacey’’ — and clueless pals thought he was planning to commit suicide.  In reality, the paunchy, balding father of three was preparing to make his switch from a he to a she.

Now, after three months as a skirt-wearing woman, Ennis has revealed that he’s going back to being a man — but it hasn’t been so easy for him to reverse course, pals told The Post.

“He’s had a rough month,” a colleague said. “He’s having a hard time with it.’’

Before his switch to lipstick and heels in May, “[Ennis] had a countdown on Facebook ... and would write mysterious things like, ‘3 days,’ ‘2 days’ and people didn’t know what it was about. People were writing on his wall, ‘Don’t kill yourself!’ ” another co-worker and longtime friend said.

But it soon became clear that the overnight TV assignment editor, 49, had a gender change in mind — and “Don’’ became auburn-wigged “Dawn.”

Then, last month, Ennis checked into the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD, where he were underwent hormone testing to try to figure out what was driving his change, he said.

He documented his stay with photos of himself as Dawn — and his stuffed Teddy bear — on Instagram. Ennis posted snapshots of “Mr. Bear’’ in his hospital bed, writing, “Mr. Bear doesn’t like hospitals but agrees the nurses are cute!”

In one close-up of Ennis as “Dawn” with “Mr. Bear’’ in the background, he writes, “The waiting is the hardest part.’’

As The Post reported yesterday, after the stay, Don announced in a recent letter to colleagues that he tacked to a work bulletin board that he was going back to being “Don.”  He claimed that he had had a bout of “transient global amnesia’’ and now felt like the man he once was.

Transgenders ripped into him for the notion.

“We were counting on you to break down the transgender wall but this silly amnesia story, man up and tell the truth,” a transgender commenter wrote on his Facebook wall, according to the friend.

Ennis promised in his note to colleagues that he would remain “a strong straight ally and a supporter of diversity and an advocate for equal rights and other LGBT issues including same sex marriage.”

Ennis’s coworker and pal said he was “really surprised’’ by Ennis’s original switch to a woman — and irked by how he went about it.  “He was so, ‘Look at me’ about it,” said the pal. “He made such a huge deal about it. ... He was really outgoing on Facebook about the whole transformation.’’

One former ABC News exec said Ennis’s experience would make good TV material.

“Maybe it will turn into a great medical story for one of the magazine shows,” the source said.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Well, I've had a few problems in my life, but none of them involved becoming a woman.  I can't even imagine wanting to do that.  (no offense ladies...)

No offense taken Gourmet Dan.  I have never once in my life thought that I would want to become a man, either.  I don't think I could take the pain of having to have surgery to have my brain removed.

:tongue2:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Next stop.....suicide?    **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

Next stop, the realization that maybe he's just a guy that likes to dress up in women's clothes?  Just a plain old creepy cross-dresser, not nearly as "cool" as being a transgender. 

Then, suicide.

Oceander

Nope.  Next stop, book deals and maybe a tv or movie deal.

Offline aligncare

Lunacy appears to be an acceptable behavioral norm today. Beyond this, I don't know what to make of this world anymore.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:31:14 pm by aligncare »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
 This man is obviously and by his own admission severely mentally ill. But, he picked the right direction for his illness. If he had said he thought he was really a Chinese Emperor, he would be locked up. But since he picked a politically 'protected' and 'enabled' form of mental illness, he is a 'hero' to the special interests and interests who have a stake in promoting this weirdo stuff.

Would anyone fund him to get surgery to make him look Chinese? Would there be any special interests supporting his 'decision' to become Chinese? Of course not.

If you want to break into the psychosis of these guys, which nobody does or is allowed to do, the next time a 49 year old balding guy comes to you and says he wants to be a woman, just ask a single question, "How old of a woman do you want to be?" Guaranteed he will not say "49". I would bet he would say, "I want to be a 25 year old woman." The point is that no guy would want to be a 49 year old woman, but they may fantasize about what it would be like to be young, attractive, and beautiful, and that, is really what it is all about.

The vast majority of these people are mentally ill and need therapy and treatment. Enabling them and especially funding their delusion is the cruelest thing you can do to a person who needs help.

The special interests do not care. They are in it for their own interests, power and money, and not to actually 'help people'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

I quite agree, 240B.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
“I am already using the men’s room..." he noted.

Ah, so I see he's emptying his head.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline happyg

“I am already using the men’s room..." he noted.

Ah, so I see he's emptying his head.

:silly:

Offline Cincinnatus

I would report this as unacceptable sexism if it weren't so damn funny: No offense taken Gourmet Dan.  I have never once in my life thought that I would want to become a man, either.  I don't think I could take the pain of having to have surgery to have my brain removed.

Harumph!
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Nope.  Next stop, book deals and maybe a tv or movie deal.
He doesn't even have to run for political office!!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

I would report this as unacceptable sexism if it weren't so damn funny: No offense taken Gourmet Dan.  I have never once in my life thought that I would want to become a man, either.  I don't think I could take the pain of having to have surgery to have my brain removed.

Harumph!

I was wondering if anybody would catch that!
 :whistle:

Offline Cincinnatus

Yeah, well, well, Alicewonders, your mother wears army boots.

Ha!
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline alicewonders

Yeah, well, well, Alicewonders, your mother wears army boots.

Ha!

000hehehehe