Author Topic: GOP Rep. Intends to ‘Investigate, Identify and Prosecute People Within the Administration, Up to and Including the President’  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/12/gop-rep-intends-to-investigate-identify-and-prosecute-people-within-the-administration-up-to-and-including-the-president/

GOP Rep. Intends to ‘Investigate, Identify and Prosecute People Within the Administration, Up to and Including the President’

Jul. 12, 2013 10:56pm Jason Howerton

Rep. Tom Marino (R-Pa.) in a Thursday radio interview revealed he is exploring the potential options that would allow Congress to file civil or criminal charges against members of the Obama administration and even President Barack Obama himself.

Citing the Obama administration’s delay in the implementation of the employer mandate found in “Obamacare,” Marino told radio host David Madeira that the president continues to show a disregard for the law. He also argued Attorney General Eric Holder is never going to hold the Obama administration accountable.

“If the chief law enforcer of the country [Holder] will not enforce the law,” said Marino, “and the president decides to break the law because he doesn’t like it, there has to be another mechanism by which we in Congress can … see if there are criminal charges we can file.”

Marino is looking to “investigate, identify and prosecute people within the administration, up to and including the president if it comes to that,” according to Sarah Wolf, Marino’s spokeswoman.

More from the Huffington Post:

While Marino is a longtime critic of Obama, he maintained that his cry for legal action stemmed not from personal distaste for the president but from a greater respect for the nation’s well being. “We’re beyond the point of showing that he’s incompetent,” Marino said. “He really doesn’t care about where this country is going unless it’s his plan, so we have to step up.”

The congressman likened Obama’s action to the Watergate scandal, suggesting that a special committee should be established to subpoena and investigate the individuals involved. More specifically, he said, he seeks to find “a part of a statute that says we have the authority to indict.”

In the same interview, Marino said he is planning a “brainstorming session” with some former prosecutors in Congress about the potential legal measures that can be taken against the Obama administration.

He claims he is not alone in his desire to bring criminal charges against the White House.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:33:53 am by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Boehner is clearly in the tank for Obama on all this, otherwise he would have named select committees to investigate each and every scandal.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Boehner is clearly in the tank for Obama on all this, otherwise he would have named select committees to investigate each and every scandal.
Yup!   :patriot:

Offline happyg

I don't think Boehner is going to last much longer as Speaker, unless he cleans up his act. And, it is all an act on his part.

Offline flowers

I don't think Boehner is going to last much longer as Speaker, unless he cleans up his act. And, it is all an act on his part.
I don't know. These days it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't lose his Speaker role. 

rangerrebew

Unless I miss my guess, the Obama administration has already investigated key republicans, including Tammy Fay Boehner and are blackmailing them to get what they want.  Nothing else can explain why they cave so easily. 888blackhat