Author Topic: Brad Thor: ‘PRISM is one of the most benign things’ NSA is doing  (Read 781 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/brad-thor-prism-is-one-of-the-most-benign-things-nsa-is-doing/

Brad Thor: ‘PRISM is one of the most benign things’ NSA is doing

Posted By Jamie Weinstein On 8:59 PM 07/16/2013

Best-selling thriller author Brad Thor says that the National Security Agency has programs that are more invasive than PRISM.

“PRISM is one of the most benign things that they’ve got going there,” he said. ”There are some other databases that are there that are absolutely amazing.”

PRISM is a classified surveillance program run by the NSA that was recently revealed by 29-year-old former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.

Thor, who claims his book “Black List” predicted the recent NSA revelations, made the comments at a public interview last Wednesday at the Sixth & I Synagogue in Washington, D.C.

During the interview, Thor also said he doesn’t think people like Snowden should have the power to decide what national security secrets should be revealed to the public.

“I don’t think we should let 20-something year old young men decide what should be top secret and what shouldn’t be top secret,” he said.

Thor said Snowden should have found a trustworthy member of Congress to reveal the information to if he was troubled by the program.

“I’m not against whistle-blowing if you find something that is terrible and I’m glad we’re talking about this subject .. [but] can’t you find a member of Congress who is trustworthy? I believe they exist,” he said.  ”I am concerned with going straight to the press with national security secrets.”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

Re: Brad Thor: ‘PRISM is one of the most benign things’ NSA is doing
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 12:08:16 pm »
What I have found from watching how the government works and my days in the military is whatever the government admits is just a tip of the secret iceberg.  If they admit to having a new military weapon, it has already been made obsolete.  Every scandal is just a tip of an iceberg, something they have been caught doing but they are still hiding most of it. 888sunglass

Offline mountaineer

Re: Brad Thor: ‘PRISM is one of the most benign things’ NSA is doing
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:13:04 pm »
What I have found from watching how the government works and my days in the military is whatever the government admits is just a tip of the secret iceberg.  If they admit to having a new military weapon, it has already been made obsolete.  Every scandal is just a tip of an iceberg, something they have been caught doing but they are still hiding most of it.
No doubt!   :th_10444:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org