Author Topic: War Vet Who Lost Leg In Afghanistan Finds New Career As Underwear Model  (Read 1439 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/06/20/War-Vet-Who-Lost-Leg-In-Afghanistan-Finds-New-Career-As-Underwear-Model

War Vet Who Lost Leg In Afghanistan Finds New Career As Underwear Model
by Jon David Kahn 20 Jun 2013

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) -- A former U.S. Marine who lost his leg fighting in Afghanistan has discovered a new career as an underwear model.  In 2009, 24-year-old Alex Minsky's Humvee was hit by an IED, which resulted in the loss of half his leg and severe burns on his arms. Minsky spent 47 days in a coma. After which, he had to relearn how to talk, think, listen, and see.

Fitted for a prosthetic leg, the marine corporal underwent intensive therapy which then allowed him to begin training at a gym.  That's when his life changed.

He was discovered by a local photographer last December, and since then, he has been cast in campaigns for underwear, jewelry, and tattoos. Minsky told a Los Angeles reporter that his phone is ringing off the hook with opportunities.

According to veteran, it's not about fame, "It's about being balanced and having my head on straight."  He hopes to be an inspiration to others who are struggling with their own injuries.

"I'm just hoping people can see me from near or from far away and be given that extra push not to give up. 

Minsky is donating part of his earnings to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Good on him and best to him.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink