Author Topic: REPUBLICAN INSIDER: White House And Congress Meet Regarding “Holder’s Departure”  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/05/29/republican-insider-white-house-and-congress-meet-regarding-holders-departure/

REPUBLICAN INSIDER: White House And Congress Meet Regarding “Holder’s Departure”

by Ulsterman on May 29, 2013

After multiple requests, a brief update finally arrived from a Republican operative giving insights into the goings on inside the corridors of power of the United States Congress – namely the immediate future of one Eric Holder…

(Eric Holder spent years shredding the Constitution and being “Obama’s firewall”.  Those days may very well be coming to an end…)

“I apologize again for not getting back to you sooner.  I know I keep telling you that.  All of us are being very careful regarding off the record disclosures.  The situation keeps shifting right under us.  Will let you know of a  morning meeting this week involving members of the White House Legislative Affairs Office and members of the Senate Majority Office, the Senate Minority Office, the House Speaker’s Office, and the House Minority Office.  Meeting lasted nearly an hour.  I have confirmed four things from this meeting that I can share with you.

One, the primary subject of this meeting was the future status of Attorney General Eric Holder. A secondary topic was Obamacare related.  ???

Two, direct discussions regarding Eric Holder’s departure and possible replacement.  Both sides wanted plenty of notice and prep time if and when that transition was to take place.

Three, negotiations for Eric Holder to stay on was presented by White House reps.  This negotiation was apparently shut down by both the Senate Office reps.  I find that very interesting and if I were Eric Holder, very troubling for his future employment status with the DOJ.  He’s losing the support of his own party.

Four, House Speaker’s Office demanded a decision regarding Attorney General Holder’s status by June 14th.  Not sure if that is a bluff or they are serious.  Also don’t know what they would do if the White House ignores the request.  Up to now they have pretty much done nothing, right?

I asked if there was anyone from DOJ at the meeting.  Was told no.  Not sure why not as normally someone from DOJ would have been included given what the situation is, unless the entire upper DOJ administration is at risk?  Or can’t be trusted?  That is speculation on my part there, but I found that to be a little odd and there has been some whispering of many at DOJ who are quietly “lawyering up”.  I have not personally confirmed that though.

Now please do not take this information as 100% certainty that Attorney General Holder’s position at the DOJ will not survive this current challenge.  I recall a similar meeting to this early last year when the possibility of Holder being pushed out before the 2012 Election was circulating.  I think -name deleted- (WHI) told you something about that.  Whatever plans for that were being discussed they were effectively terminated by the White House.  I would guess it was Jarrett’s call that Eric Holder remain on at DOJ. When -name deleted- (WHI) called Jarrett the “de-facto president a few years back it seems he has since then been proven correct many times by various other media reports that have made similar claims.  The power and influence she wields is no longer questioned by any of us.  She is feared.  What I’m not sure about at this point is if she is willing to override Democratic Party leaders who now want Eric Holder gone before his scandals negatively impact them during the 2014 Midterms.  President Obama is now entering Lame Duck territory, so Jarrett’s influence will be much more diminished now than it was before the 2012 Election.  Hopefully the Republican leadership understands this and will push back with the right force.  They remain my biggest challenge when it comes to getting the right things done though.  As far as I’m concerned, they remain way too incompetent and untrustworthy.  I’m really hoping 2014 can change some of that.”

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Valerie was too eager to get revenge, and didn't expect the repercussions this administration got. She forgot to count on the stupidity of the people working for Obama and her. She's a full-fledged communist, who will always looking for ways to usurp the people. I look for another inside scandal to be outed.

Offline GourmetDan

REPUBLICAN INSIDER: White House And Congress Meet Regarding “Holder’s Departure”

Holder will depart... the investigations will stop... Obama will skate...

What's not to like?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Sounds like Holder needs to spend more time with his family.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Obama and Valerie Jarrett think they can "buy off" Congress and the media by giving them a few prime salmon like Holder and that gal Lerner over at IRS.

It might work, if they can coax the press to swallow the fish.

But then again…?

Oceander

What's not to like?

And Congress will get to prance around claiming it actually did something useful.  Win-win for everyone but ordinary Americans.

Offline evadR

Holder has committed crimes.
He needs to be prosecuted and incarcerated.
That's the "time" he needs to spend.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

Holder has committed crimes.
He needs to be prosecuted and incarcerated.
That's the "time" he needs to spend.

What he needs, and what he gets, are two utterly different things.  He'll get a nice comfy pension and benefits courtesy of me and thee, and an even comfier position in some K-street lobbying firm.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

What's not to like?
That would be Obama's hope.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline evadR

What he needs, and what he gets, are two utterly different things.  He'll get a nice comfy pension and benefits courtesy of me and thee, and an even comfier position in some K-street lobbying firm.
Sad but true.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline GourmetDan

That would be Obama's hope.

Bambi is just getting a little 'discipline' from his handlers.  Prolly for not attacking Syria and Iran as ordered.

Once he gets back on the plantation, all this will go away...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan