Author Topic: US Embassy personnel wounded in shooting in Caracas, VZ following "discussion" Monday night  (Read 1507 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Look, I only have the Caracas paper for this yet, so the translation is going to be rough as hell. Anyone better, please take a shot at it. http://www.eluniversal.com/sucesos/130528/hieren-a-dos-agregados-diplomaticos-de-eeuu-en-venezuela

The shooting took place in the basement of the mall and occurred after an argument. The incident occurred on Monday night. One person shot is undergoing exploratory surgery.

Caracas. - Roberto Ezequiel Rosas, one of the military attaches of the U.S. Embassy in Venezuela who were injured, shot twice in the right leg and abdomen. Currently we are practicing exploratory surgery in the Academic Medical Center La Trinidad, located in the southeast of the capital .

The other officer shot is Paul Marwin.

The two military officers were shot as a result of a discussion that happened in a shop located in the Mall Bello Campo in Chacao.

The fact, as it was known, was recorded on Monday night. The source consulted did not specify the exact time.

The victims are assigned to the U.S. Military Attaché in Caracas
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Online mountaineer

From the BBC story:
Caracas is thought to be one of the most dangerous cities in Latin America.

Last year, the government introduced a new gun law banning the sale of firearms and ammunition.
Whew! Glad they solved that little problem.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

It's such a shame how far Caracas, and Venezuela as a whole, has fallen.  I was last there in about 1988 or so and it was a pretty decent city.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You are right. It used to be such a beautiful place. Problems, sure - what country doesn't have them - but in the main it was a nice place to live.

Had friends there - Italian parents but native born - they emigrated to Italy in 2005. Said they simply couldn't take it any more.