Author Topic: LATEST: DOJ Tracked Phones of Fox News Execs, Employees at WH, Pentagon and State Dept  (Read 1008 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/05/22/latest-obama-admin-seized-fox-news-phone-records-wh-pentagon-state-dept-lines

LATEST: DOJ Tracked Phones of Fox News Execs, Employees at WH, Pentagon and State Dept
Shannon Bream gave us the latest on just how far the investigation went into reporter James Rosen.

BY
FOX NEWS INSIDER
 // MAY 22 2013 // 9:59AM AS SEEN ON
AMERICA'S NEWSROOM

The latest report from Shannon Bream details just how far the Justice Department apparently went in its tracking of Fox News. In addition to seizing phone records and emails of reporter James Rosen, the government also monitored Rosen's parents' home phone line in Staten Island, N.Y.

A total of 30+ phone numbers were being tracked, including some linked to Fox News executives. The probe extended to Fox News cell phones and hard lines, including those used at workspaces inside the White House, Pentagon and State Department, according to federal court filings.

The investigation began after Rosen reported on North Korea's nuclear program in 2009, using an anonymous source at the State Department. The government accused Rosen of violating espionage laws in his reporting duties.

According to FoxNews.com, Rosen said Monday that "as a reporter, I always honor the confidentiality of my dealings with all of my sources."

The Department of Justice said in a statement that "leaks of classified information to the press can pose a serious risk of harm to our national security and it is important that we pursue these matters using appropriate law enforcement tools."

The U.S. attorney's office for the District of Columbia also said the government, before seeking approval for the search warrant, "exhausted all reasonable non-media alternatives for collecting this evidence."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34