Author Topic: Oh No He Didn't: Sergio Makes Fried Chicken Joke  (Read 1594 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Oh No He Didn't: Sergio Makes Fried Chicken Joke
« on: May 22, 2013, 03:40:04 am »
Oh No He Didn't: Sergio Makes Fried Chicken Joke

Fuzzy, I have Sergio Garcia on line one, he wants to know what he's gotten himself into now.

Ewan Murray with what figures to escalate the Sergio-Tiger spat into a full-fledged controversy and some rough times for Sergio if Fuzzy Zoeller's past use of a similar joke is any barometer.

The Spaniard was on stage at the European Tour's gala players' awards dinner, where he was questioned by the Golf Channel's Steve Sands. García, who has been embroiled in verbal battles with Woods since the Players Championship at Sawgrass this month, was asked in jest if he would have the American round for dinner one night during the upcoming US Open. "We will have him round every night," García said. "We will serve fried chicken."

more at link   http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2013/5/21/oh-no-he-didnt-sergio-makes-fried-chicken-joke.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Oh No He Didn't: Sergio Makes Fried Chicken Joke
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 03:41:10 am »
 :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 06:00:46 am »
Sheeesh...Sergio is a thin-skinned, insecure and is absolutely gutless in choke after choke...when will he learn?

Garcia needs to find an arch-enemy who is somewhat competitive...Sergio is NOT in Tiger's weight class...MUD

Only a year ago, after seeing Garcia pluck the tee shot at the 17th tee at the Players...Tiger would say, "There but for the Grace of God...."

But truthfully, have never seen a melt down like that on the last two holes in my life. 

But it's going to be fun to see how this plays out.  It will definitely knock RGIII's wedding registry off the front pages.   :laugh:

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:24:38 am »
A while back, Sergio was dating Greg Norman's daughter.  At the time I was thinking that if the two got married and had children, their offspring may well be the greatest chokers in history.  Both Sergio and Greg Norman are monumental chokers.  Norman, at least, was able to eke out a couple of Open Championship titles, but he should be up there with Sir Nick Faldo in majors, given how much talent he had.  He simply could not play on Sunday when a big title was on the line, and neither can Garcia.

As for the Tiger vs Garcia feud, neither one of them has the moral high ground as far as I am concerned.  I enjoy watching Tiger Woods play golf, but beyond his golf game, there is very little else about him that I find impressive.  I'd hate to see him break Nicklaus' record.  But given how well Tiger is playing, it would be a surprise if he failed to win at least one major this year.  He'd have won the Masters but for a fluke carom off a flagstick that ended up costing him 3-4 strokes.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 12:23:43 pm »
Really stupid comment on Sergio's part. He may choose to avoid U.S. tournaments, as he'll be treated worse than Colin Montogomerie by the American fans.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 12:50:11 pm »
Wasn't there a golf pro back in the 90's who used to make comments like that?  He was a good friend of Rush's but I can't remember his name.  :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 12:58:32 pm »
I know Fuzzy Zoeller lost some endorsement income over 'sensitive' remarks he made about fried chicken.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 01:50:05 pm »
Fuzzy was practically crucified for his  fried chicken comment about Tiggy.  Sergio now will get the same treatment.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:50:23 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 08:27:43 pm »
Hey, DCP, have I told you lately how much I love NOT living inside or anywhere near the DeeCee Beltway?

Y'all are sick, friggin' information inbreeds up there, present company excepted of course...MUD :3:

LOL!   And that's why I shower twice a day!   :beer: