Author Topic: Why You Can't Trust the White House (Even If Nobody's Lying) by Ron Fournier  (Read 1517 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why You Can't Trust the White House (Even If Nobody's Lying)
Shifting stories cast doubts on answer to core question: Did Team Obama know about IRS abuse in real time?

by Ron Fournier
Updated: May 21, 2013 | 9:59 a.m.
May 21, 2013 | 9:19 a.m.

“You and others have said that no one in the White House knew about IRS actions before getting the heads up on the inspector general's report last month,” George Stephanopoulos told senior White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer on Sunday. “Are you absolutely sure of that?”

“Yes,” Pfeiffer replied.

Do you believe him?

Knowing the consequences that would befall the Obama administration if the White House or Obama’s reelection campaign knew in real time that the IRS was targeting conservatives, I desperately want to believe Pfeiffer. I’ve known him for years. I like him. He’s never lied to me.

But Pfeiffer is part of an institution that has demonstrated an inability and/or unwillingness to tell the full truth about the IRS scandal and a spate of other controversies. The White House can’t be trusted.

That depressing conclusion (not unique to the Obama White House, sadly) was driven home Monday when spokesman Jay Carney used his daily briefing to announce that presidential advisers knew more about the IRS scandal a bit sooner than previously disclosed.

continued at link
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/why-you-can-t-trust-the-white-house-even-if-nobody-s-lying-20130521
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:50:44 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Where's the link?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34