General Category > Trump Legal Investigations

WHITE HOUSE: 'NOBODY HERE DID ANYTHING WRONG'

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/20/White-House-Nobody-Here-Did-Anything-Wrong

by WILLIAM BIGELOW  21 May 2013, 5:00 AM PDT

As the fire around the White House derived from the Benghazi, IRS, and AP scandals continues to burn, the White House is in denial over its culpability. One Obama Administration official boasted to The Hill, “Our basic thrust is that nobody, here, did anything wrong. That’s why none of this is going to stick.”

This is from the same administration whose fearless leader has oft-proclaimed, “The buck stops with me.”

Even though Obama stalwarts have tempered their support, such as Bill Press (who said Attorney General Eric Holder should step down), Jon Stewart (who criticized Obama for the number of times he has claimed he heard of trouble from the media rather than in-house), and Chris Matthews (who moaned about Obama’s passivity), the White House knows nothing is that serious. One administration official dismissed it as “the sort of ebb and flow of Washington.”

Even Laura Murphy, the director of the American Civil Liberties Union’s Washington Legislative Office, worried, “It is alarming. The bigger question is whether [Obama] is sensitive to the fact that he campaigned telling people he was going to breathe a new era into the enforcement of civil liberties. These incidents, while taken together with not revealing what the drone policy is or not being able to close Guantanamo, paint a more damning portrait.”

Some GOP members, such as Rep. Jason Chaffetz (UT) and Rep. Michele Bachmann (MN) have called for impeachment, while Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) says he will “stop at nothing” in pursuit of the truth.

Bob Woodward has said, “It’s a big mess, obviously.”

GOP consultant Mark McKinnon said that the three scandals offered “more smoke than fire …the IRS issue will have some long-range consequences. It confirms the suspicions and paranoia of people prone to believe government has too much power, and it’s particularly problematic that the IRS is so closely tied to the implementation of ObamaCare.”

But the administration official retorted, “I don’t buy that. These things are totally newsworthy and valid points for conversation. But they don’t string together to make a compelling philosophical argument.”

As they say at the White House, “Nobody here did anything wrong.”

Millee:
I'm sure in their minds they haven't done anything wrong. 

Relic:

--- Quote from: Millee on May 21, 2013, 02:28:14 pm ---I'm sure in their minds they haven't done anything wrong.

--- End quote ---

Of course not. They are communists. The ends justify the means.

Rapunzel:
Pat and Sit dissected what Pfeiffer said on the Sundayshows and when you break down his sentences it is actually even more stunning than we talked about.  They did a terrible job of preparing him an at one point Stephanopoulos tried to bail him out and he was too dumb to take the hint.  They are clearly biding something big...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version