Author Topic: Oh My: DOJ’s Secret Subpoena Of AP Phone Records Broader Than Initially Revealed, Included 21 Phone Lines In 5 AP Offices, Reporters Home Phones…  (Read 1908 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://redflagnews.com/headlines/oh-my-dojs-secret-subpoena-of-ap-phone-records-broader-than-initially-revealed-included-21-phone-lines-in-5-ap-offices-reporters-home-phones

Oh My: DOJ’s Secret Subpoena Of AP Phone Records Broader Than Initially Revealed, Included 21 Phone Lines In 5 AP Offices, Reporters Home Phones…
May 20, 2013

(NBC News via Weasel Zippers) -- The Justice Department’s secret subpoena for AP phone records included the seizure of records for five reporters’ cellphones and three home phones as well as two fax lines, a lawyer for the news organization tells NBC News.

David Schulz, the chief lawyer for the AP, said the subpoenas also covered the records for 21 phone lines in five AP office lines — including one for a dead phone line at  office in Washington that had been shut down six years ago. The phone lines at four other offices – where  100 reporters worked — were also covered by the subpoenas, Schulz said.

Although AP had given general information about the subpoenas last week, it provided new details Monday about the number of cell and home phone records as it considers possible legal action against the Justice Department.

Schultz said the subpoena for a Washington phone line that had been shut down years ago raises questions about assertions by Deputy Attorney General James Cole, in a letter last week, that the subpoenas were narrowly crafted and only issued after a “comprehensive investigation” that included over 550 interviews and reviewing tens of thousands of documents.

Cole had said in his letter to the AP that “consistent with Department policy, the supboenas were limited in both time and scope.”

more here at NBC
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/20/18377209-dojs-secret-subpoena-of-ap-phone-records-broader-than-initially-revealed?lite
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Isn't it amazing every time something serious happens that could take hold against The Won this country is hit with a disaster of some sort....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Isn't it amazing every time something serious happens that could take hold against The Won this country is hit with a disaster of some sort....

I said this at dinner with Mike...this tornado will knock all of the scandals off the front pages for awhile....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

I said this at dinner with Mike...this tornado will knock all of the scandals off the front pages for awhile....

I swear the man should take up gambling... he doesn't need politics with his kind of luck.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776