Author Topic: Eva Longoria’s “Ready for Love” Pulled After 2 Episodes  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

http://www.onenewspage.com/n/Technology/74vspysxi/Eva-Longoria%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9CReady-for-Love%E2%80%9D-Pulled-After.htm

“Ready for Love” has been yanked off the air, The Wrap reports.

Eva Longoria tried her hand at producing a new, “groundbreaking” dating series for NBC but, after just 2 episodes, the network has decided to pull it because of disappointing ratings. “Ready for Love” has been yanked off the air, The Wrap reports. “The network is moving its supernatural drama ‘Grimm’ from its 9 p.m. slot on Fridays to replace the series on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. beginning April 30, behind a previously scheduled...

“The network is moving its supernatural drama ‘Grimm’ from its 9 p.m. slot on Fridays to replace the series on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. beginning April 30, behind a previously scheduled two-hour episode of ‘The Voice’,” the publication says.

“‘Grimm’ will remain in that 10 p.m. Tuesday timeslot through May 21. ‘Dateline’ will replace ‘Grimm’ at 9 p.m. Fridays, beginning April 26,” The Wrap further reports.

Hosted by Bill and Giuliana Rancic, the show aimed to help three gorgeous bachelors (also presented in the video above) find true love, with some help from professional matchmakers and social media.

NBC is yet to announce what will happen with the remaining episodes and whether they will ever air.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:00:31 am by Lipstick on a Hillary »

Re: Eva Longoria’s “Ready for Love” Pulled After 2 Episodes
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:58:47 am »
I guess doing the rabid, obnoxious liberal thing didn't help her enough.   

FAIL    :silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 02:03:41 am »
Gee, another crappy reality dating show that probably would have ended in a breakup like they all do failed. I'm SHOCKED!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 02:53:35 am »
Gee, another crappy reality dating show that probably would have ended in a breakup like they all do failed. I'm SHOCKED!

I have never watched one of those shows, and I never will.  How bad does your life have to suck to find any interest in this stuff?  I'm waiting for the death of the reality show genre - PLEASE!  They've almost run out of ideas.

Poor Eva - everything in the Obama aura fails.  He is the kiss of death. 

:doa: 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 03:15:21 am »
I have never watched one of those shows, and I never will.  How bad does your life have to suck to find any interest in this stuff?  I'm waiting for the death of the reality show genre - PLEASE!  They've almost run out of ideas.

~LOL~ I watched the first episode - TERRIBLE!!!!!!! and I admit I do watch the Bachelor and Batchelorette...  yes... I have a very boring life these days ~LOL~  I also watch The Voice (LOVE IT!) and American Idol (Niki Minaj totally sucks and Mariah Carey is a piece of work, but Keith Urban is great.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 03:36:53 am »
~LOL~ I watched the first episode - TERRIBLE!!!!!!! and I admit I do watch the Bachelor and Batchelorette...  yes... I have a very boring life these days ~LOL~  I also watch The Voice (LOVE IT!) and American Idol (Niki Minaj totally sucks and Mariah Carey is a piece of work, but Keith Urban is great.

Well, reality shows are one of my pet peeves.  Some of them grab you - I loved American Idol when it first came on. 

I have to confess that I love the forensic shows.  They fascinate me, though my husband thinks that is creepy.  I really have no right to talk.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 03:51:20 am »
Well, reality shows are one of my pet peeves.  Some of them grab you - I loved American Idol when it first came on. 

I have to confess that I love the forensic shows.  They fascinate me, though my husband thinks that is creepy.  I really have no right to talk.

You mean the CSI programs?  I love those?  There is another called Body of Evidence on after Dancing with the Stars which is very good....   Gory stuff doesn't phase me.... it used to creep my husband out that I could watch stuff on the medical shows during dinner and not lose my appetite....... however, anything with babies bothers me...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 04:14:25 am »
I love Body of Evidence!  Like you, the gore doesn't bother me a bit.  What I cannot watch are shows with animals - sick, in distress, being prey.  When i was a child - it got so that my parents would not allow me to watch Lassie anymore because I would cry so much when Lassie was in danger (no matter that Lassie always came out OK).  Even now, if I hear the theme song to Lassie, I tear up. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 04:57:08 am »
I love Body of Evidence!  Like you, the gore doesn't bother me a bit.  What I cannot watch are shows with animals - sick, in distress, being prey.  When i was a child - it got so that my parents would not allow me to watch Lassie anymore because I would cry so much when Lassie was in danger (no matter that Lassie always came out OK).  Even now, if I hear the theme song to Lassie, I tear up.

OMG ......... same here......  I can't watch any movie with dogs unless I know they don't die ahead of time.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 05:09:14 am »
Me too.  On the other hand, I get a good chuckle out of this Eva Longoria story. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 11:54:36 am »

Indeed, in fact I'd say that they HAVE run out of ideas. They've done moonshiners, gator hunters, pawn shop owners, antique pickers, antique restorers, car restorers, ghost hunters, gun salesmen, motorcycle builders, gold miners, loggers, fishermen, truckers, dumpster-diving couponers, families with ungodly numbers of kids, families with ungodly numbers of wives,  Alaskans, hillbillies, rednecks, doomsday preppers, criminals, the Amish, pretty faces with no known occupations, and the totally uncategorizable Honey Boo Boo. Now they've gotten to the point where they're putting them together.

Amish Mafia... Deep South Paranormal... Swamp Pawn... I kid thee not, these are actual names of shows on the air these days!

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »

I have to confess, I am a total addict of the TRUE murder mystery shows.   Mystery detective on HLN,  Snapped on Oxygen, the Dateline and 20/20 and the ones on BIO. 

By the way, there is a cute reality show on TV Land now called Forever Young.  Not trashy or exploitive like the usual fare.

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43:23 pm »

LOL!

I too wonder how they are going to fill up the air time of all these channels when reality shows finally run their course.   I shudder to think, actually.

888catbed

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 12:48:37 pm »
My late mother went through a stage where she bought and read the newspaper rags you see at the grocery check outs....Crime Detective, etc..  We teased her relentlessly.

Today, I'm addicted to Investigation Discovery Channel and Who the Bleep Did I Marry....and my son teases me about it.

It's a rite of passage....albeit to what I don't know.   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 01:20:45 pm »
Old age, probably.  :beer:

Check out the Snapped show on Oxygen channel.   A new episode comes on tonight at 9, although the reruns go all day on Sundays.   :eatdrink:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 01:33:48 pm »
Indeed, in fact I'd say that they HAVE run out of ideas. They've done moonshiners, gator hunters, pawn shop owners, antique pickers, antique restorers, car restorers, ghost hunters, gun salesmen, motorcycle builders, gold miners, loggers, fishermen, truckers, dumpster-diving couponers, families with ungodly numbers of kids, families with ungodly numbers of wives,  Alaskans, hillbillies, rednecks, doomsday preppers, criminals, the Amish, pretty faces with no known occupations, and the totally uncategorizable Honey Boo Boo. Now they've gotten to the point where they're putting them together.

Amish Mafia... Deep South Paranormal... Swamp Pawn... I kid thee not, these are actual names of shows on the air these days!

That's a very comprehensive list there, but you left out the Bigfoot Hunters.

:th_10444:

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 01:47:37 pm »
Fat Girls' Revenge and All My Babies Mamas.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 02:42:28 pm »
Hoarders.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 02:59:11 pm »
I also forgot pregnant women.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 02:59:30 pm »
Another one I like is DOUBLE DIVA,s on Lifetime..

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 03:22:55 pm »
I've caught parts of that one before and it is good, I agree.